GDT: Oilers vs Capitals CHED/SN 1/SNW 8PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I don't really understand why this organization treats this guy like he's Grant Fuhr or Patrick Roy, like some veteran star who's unquestionably the no.1, lol.

Normally if a goalie pitches a 30+ save shut out, they get the next game on merit unless it's a back to back.

Pickard should start.
Because he is the Oilers #1 goalie? I mean, it's pretty simple. The #1 will get the majority of the starts, Stuart Skinner is the Oilers #1 goalie.
With that said, I probably would have given this start to Pickard coming off the shutout and save Skinner for Colorado.

The East is also a huge tirefire with maybe 2 or 3 legitimate threats at best.
The strength is clearly in the west this season, which is why the Oilers really needed to take advantage last year. It can be argued that 6 of the top 7 teams in the NHL are in the west and this isn't including the Kings who are really good.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Hey guys I don't know where to post this but roughly In CAD do you guys know how much it will be to see the Oilers play in round 1? How much for what quality of seats? Thank y'all

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Hey guys I don't know where to post this but roughly In CAD do you guys know how much it will be to see the Oilers play in round 1? How much for what quality of seats? Thank y'all

You can probably get in the door for around $150-200.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
MV5BZDAxYWZlZmUtYTE5Yi00N2YyLWJiODItODVkNGFjOWZhOTk1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzU0NzkwMDg@._V1_.jpg

Looks like a movie @tardigrade81 would watch. I bet they do a split in it.
Lmao I own this legit hahahahah. Not even kidding. Have seen it multiple times and Gary Daniel’s does the splits in it twice lol! It’s low budget and great. It’s free on youtube as well

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
What are we celebrating tonight? Be kind to monkeys day?
All hail TNT in their long term desire to ensure no one in the Eastern Time Zone ever watches McDavid play against the past greats as their career winds down.

I don't really understand why this organization treats this guy like he's Grant Fuhr or Patrick Roy, like some veteran star who's unquestionably the no.1, lol.

Normally if a goalie pitches a 30+ save shut out, they get the next game on merit unless it's a back to back.

Pickard should start.
Pickard is a lifelong backup who just started 3 games in 8 days.

You go back to your starter here otherwise he has a full week between starts.

_____
and to be a smartass Skinner gets partial credit for that shutout..
I'll show myself the door.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Oh I completely agree. I hope the Sabres pull that off and then win 60 games a year for a decade straight. Those fans deserve it.

I know full well what it's like being stuck trying to root for the leagues longest running joke.

With the added disappointment that they were so damn close to having Draisaitl and McDavid and ended up with Reinhart and Eichel (though both are damn good players, just not McDrai).

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
What are we celebrating tonight? Be kind to monkeys day?

close!

Celebrating Women sports

"During the game, a number of female leaders will be recognized for their dedication, accomplishments and contributions to the Canadian sports industry through pre-game panels, intermission interviews – in-game and on the broadcast – and other special features."

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
close!

Celebrating Women sports

"During the game, a number of female leaders will be recognized for their dedication, accomplishments and contributions to the Canadian sports industry through pre-game panels, intermission interviews – in-game and on the broadcast – and other special features."

Something that's under attack. Good thing to highlight.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Yeah. I really think Buffalo fans are quality. I like how our club was viewed in that game as well. They appreciate good hockey and was one of their few sellouts on the season. Good too that they were treated to a very entertaining game. I know how rare that was in mid 90's here.
They should have got an extra 2 points for winning twice!

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Lol. Well it’s been a while since I have been in a physic’s confrontation. I think I can decently hold my own still. Either you would knock me out or vise versa lol. Depends how tough you are I guess lol.

Im a wet noodle, but im tough on the internet. might work out good.

• Haha
Reactions: tardigrade81

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Im a wet noodle, but im tough on the internet. might work out good.
I’m not so tough anymore.

When I was 19 and had my black belt , I didn’t mind fighting to be honest. Now being 36 and having a wife and kids. I’m not so sure I would do well in a physical fight lol. Probably get anxiety and freeze up

But that’s our secret. Don’t tell the rest of the board here. Lol

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
I’m not so tough anymore.

When I was 19 and had my black belt , I didn’t mind fighting to be honest. Now being 36 and having a wife and kids. I’m not so sure I would do well in a physical fight lol. Probably get anxiety and freeze up

But that’s our secret. Don’t tell the rest of the board here. Lol

Dont worry. I definitely will not tell everyone that you can't fight as well anymore and that you will freeze up if confronted. I will keep it a secret.

• Haha
Reactions: tardigrade81
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad