GDT: Oilers vs Capitals CHED/SN 1/SNW 8PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
MV5BZDAxYWZlZmUtYTE5Yi00N2YyLWJiODItODVkNGFjOWZhOTk1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzU0NzkwMDg@._V1_.jpg

Looks like a movie @tardigrade81 would watch. I bet they do a split in it.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
At the very least on behalf of Oilers heritage and history DO NOT let Ovechkin score. This is the one thing I'm asking. A W win would be nice. But stop OV.

Asking for a friend. ;)

We really should be letting Stecher get a look. Crapola. The guy is a good D. At least let him have a run with his new club. I would HATE to be traded to a new team and then just left twisting in the wind. This guy is better than either Ceci or VD. Damn well play him. Sucks for Stecher, who wants to play every night if we only got this guy for injury insurance. He's better than that.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Looks like we're relying on Line 1 to deliver the mail once again.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Washington fighting for their playoff lives. Don’t imagine it will be an easy game.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Perry on bottomline again and Brown in top 3? f*** that shit. Did Perry do it again? ;)How could any player be deepsixed below Connor Brown. Its not even fathomable.
The concern there might be that the third line would be too slow with that swap.

That fourth line might get a lot of minutes

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
gonna be a difficult game

Caps got embarrassed in Winnipeg and the Oilers always start slow after a long road trip

I see another OT game coming

While Edmonton's been a bit better coming off road trips this year, this last one was particularly draining playing 6 games in 9 nights in 6 different cities with the trade deadline right in there as well to mess guys' sleep patterns.

Finally getting a day off, I wouldn't be surprised to see a lethargic start. Skinner will need to be sharp early and hopefully the guys don't take too long to get into it.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Washington fighting for their playoff lives. Don’t imagine it will be an easy game.

Have to give them credit, there's been like 10 times where I've looked at the standings this year at various points and said "yeah Washington is for sure out" and they keep some how bouncing back into contention for a spot.

Only 3 points out of a wild card with a game in hand, you're right there.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Perry on bottomline again and Brown in top 3? f*** that shit. Did Perry do it again? ;)How could any player be deepsixed below Connor Brown. Its not even fathomable.

That line is way too slow with Kane - Henrique - Perry. Brown has offensive warts (obviously), but he can at least skate. That line looked night and day better when it got put together.

I am not a Brown fan either, but this makes both the third and 4th line better.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Not disputing the point but man that EC wildcard race is more like who wants it, nah don't want it, etc. All the teams fighting for a spot are losing a lot of games. Its like locked on 72 pts for awhile.

EC playoff race depicted...

1710355845894.png
1710355845976.png

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
That line is way too slow with Kane - Henrique - Perry. Brown has offensive warts (obviously), but he can at least skate. That line looked night and day better when it got put together.

I am not a Brown fan either, but this makes both the third and 4th line better.
I'm not convinced that Brown is considerably faster than anybody. Brown skating strides and style kind of gives illusion of speed. I find his first stride to be really sub NHL. Brown is getting by on reads and anticipation. He's good at that. Makes him appear quicker to pucks.

In anycase we could use Perry scoring and theres far less chance of that on 4th line. This line configuration could just serve to nullify good producers.

Reactions: Vagabond
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad