Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
at the Calgary game last night:

SA4UydF.jpg

I'm sure all those Flames "fans" knew plenty about the team prior to this year. :sarcasm:

"Who's Connor McDavid?"

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'm sure all those Flames "fans" knew plenty about the team prior to this year. :sarcasm:

"Who's Connor McDavid?"

lol Flames and Canucks fans know they've talked too much **** this year to the Oilers and got a giant slap back in the face with the Oilers getting McDavid, now they're all scared that eventually we will turn the corner.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
I bet many of the Oiler players are gonna be extra motivated during their summer training knowing McDavid is here next season. So damn excited still. Can't wait for the draft, development camp, prospects tournament, and training camp.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
lol Flames and Canucks fans know they've talked too much **** this year to the Oilers and got a giant slap back in the face with the Oilers getting McDavid, now they're all scared that eventually we will turn the corner.

I'm not so sure about that, but Flames fans have been such bandwagoners. Prior to them clinching a playoff spot you didn't hear a peep about the team here in Calgary.

It would be so great if the Flames regressed and missed the playoffs next year.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Toronto media is so terrible and clueless. They're exactly the reason I didn't want Toronto to win the lottery.

You know if Toronto had pulled it off they'd be deeming him the next Gretzky and so forth. Buffalo or Arizona would've been fine. Hell even a longshot like the Kings would've been fine.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Funny thing is if they had a snowballs chance in hell of getting hall we could probably get 3 first round draft picks for him :)

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I'm relishing in the hate spewed our way right now. So much better than the fake sympathy.

Pour it on you bunch of crybabies!!

Trollmark*

And I don't think there is a single area worse than Toronto fans.
This is just beyond sad now.

Can't wait till he plays against them in Toronto. Just can't wait.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I'm not so sure about that, but Flames fans have been such bandwagoners. Prior to them clinching a playoff spot you didn't hear a peep about the team here in Calgary.

It would be so great if the Flames regressed and missed the playoffs next year.

Agreed.

I live in Calgary :cry: , and prior to the playoffs I didn't see anyone wearing a single flames jersey all season. Now, they're friggen everywhere. All the Flames flags are out on cars and the casual fans have awoken.

Debonair

PS4
Jul 20, 2004
To be clear it was Dave Feschuk who called him that (twitter @dfeschuk) on Dave Naylor's show.

Toronto Media be like :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Agreed.

I live in Calgary :cry: , and prior to the playoffs I didn't see anyone wearing a single flames jersey all season. Now, they're friggen everywhere. All the Flames flags are out on cars and the casual fans have awoken.

Yup, a lot of media junkies making "2004" comparisons too. :shakehead

Even if they make it past Vancouver Anaheim stomps them flat.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Yup, a lot of media junkies making "2004" comparisons too. :shakehead

Even if they make it past Vancouver Anaheim stomps them flat.

Yupp, my thoughts exactly.

Canucks aren't a very good team, besides experience, the Sedins and Lack they don't have much. I knew this series would be a toss up and I just hope it goes seven and the Canucks beat the **** out of those little Flames, even if the Flames win the series.

Like you said, they have no shot versus Anaheim. Especially if Anaheim can knock off Winnipeg in four or five and be well rested.

The only worse match-up for Calgary other than Anaheim would be St.Louis.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
It's times like this that make me wish the internet existed back when Gretzky was torching the league with 200+ points per year.

All this salt, over something the Oilers have zero control over :laugh:

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yupp, my thoughts exactly.

Canucks aren't a very good team, besides experience, the Sedins and Lack they don't have much. I knew this series would be a toss up and I just hope it goes seven and the Canucks beat the **** out of those little Flames, even if the Flames win the series.

Like you said, they have no shot versus Anaheim. Especially if Anaheim can knock off Winnipeg in four or five and be well rested.

The only worse match-up for Calgary other than Anaheim would be St.Louis.

I'd love to see Hartley try the BS he tried against Vancouver.

Anaheim would have none of that and their stars would be in big trouble. Winnipeg is a seriously big team and they're handling them quite well. Calgary would be like a fly to a spider.

oilz89*

@16DarcyTucker

Edmonton is a unbelievable hockey city with tradition. Stop with all goofiness. The kid will go and turn it back to 1984 #boysonthebus

F U TORONTO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad