GDT: Oilers Trollolololol the League and Win the Right to Draft McDavid 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Welcome to Edmonton Connor! :handclap:

Mod warning to outside fans: If you are coming here to troll, don't. You can expect a blue rectangle in the top right of your screen if you do so. Please remain respectful if you wish to engage in conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Lol I still can't wipe that **** eating grin off my face. I mean, McDavid!!! What forsaken deity did they sacrifice to, in order for fortune to shine at such an opportune moment? Unreal, surreal... just wow.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Where should I go tomorrow morning for my best chance at a Mcdavid #97 jersey? Kingsway Oilers store?

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Some of the vitriol is beginning to sting me a little bit to be honest.

Yeah, they suck but that isn't our fault yet people are being so personal about it.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007

Yeah, they suck but that isn't our fault yet people are being so personal about it.

The only way we receive this criticism is by winning McDavid...

I love being on the dark side :yo:

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Lol I still can't wipe that **** eating grin off my face. I mean, McDavid!!! What forsaken deity did they sacrifice to, in order for fortune to shine at such an opportune moment? Unreal, surreal... just wow.

All they had to do was sacrifice the last 9 years of Oiler fans lives right?

Anyways. I wonder if McDavid would make us more attractive to a guy like Babcock. You'd think the thought of coaching the potential next great superstar would have him licking his lips. You'd just have to wonder whether or not that outweighs having to work for the idiots we have in our management.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3

Haha tell me about it. I don't think I'm sleeping tonight.

LowSodium

Jan 4, 2015
Dallas
Congrats Oilers. I feel like you've taken too much heat for getting below-average first overall picks.

Enjoy the success while it lasts.

Trollmark*

Congrats Oilers. I feel like you've taken too much heat for getting below-average first overall picks.

Enjoy the success while it lasts.

There is no success on this team.

We are hoping this turns it around.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Where should I go tomorrow morning for my best chance at a Mcdavid #97 jersey? Kingsway Oilers store?

I'm looking for one now. Where can I buy one online and wear it to the draft in Sunrise, FL? :yo:

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
All they had to do was sacrifice the last 9 years of Oiler fans lives right?

Anyways. I wonder if McDavid would make us more attractive to a guy like Babcock. You'd think the thought of coaching the potential next great superstar would have him licking his lips. You'd just have to wonder whether or not that outweighs having to work for the idiots we have in our management.

Literally, sure but to me, it's a lot more than that. The Oilers over the past 9 years have probably taken 5 years off of my life. All that screaming and anxiety over this stupid team can't have had a good effect.

McDavid likely does impress the likes of Babcock, but I doubt it a coaching role.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB

If you get bummed out just look at your avatar.

image.php

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

I don't think they're allowed to sell them in an official capacity until the player is actually signed (and obviously drafted) by the team. NHL policy. You won't see McDavid jerseys at the Oilers store until pre-season/camp.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

**** 'em. We've taken so much **** and were a hated team before this lottery. We've been here through thick and thin, not a bandwagon fan among us. I feel no shame over this, our management and ownership yes, this? No.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Connor McDavid was born in 1997.

Some movies that were released that year:
Titanic
Men in Black
Austin Powers
Liar Liar
Jurassic Park II
Starship Troopers
The Fifth Element

Christ this kid is young lol.

LowSodium

Jan 4, 2015
Dallas
There is no success on this team.

We are hoping this turns it around.

Nurse showing up to play and a good FA Dman signing will turn this team around easily. You will be scoring 3+ goals per game, as long as you can keep the goals against down you will be solid.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG

Titanic
Men in Black
Austin Powers
Liar Liar
Jurassic Park II
Starship Troopers
The Fifth Element

Jeez, even I am older than him. Haha.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
I don't think they're allowed to sell them in an official capacity until the player is actually signed (and obviously drafted) by the team. NHL policy. You won't see McDavid jerseys at the Oilers store until pre-season/camp.

Well that's a bummer. Guess I'll have to commission someone to make one for me beforehand. ;)

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB

Titanic
Men in Black
Austin Powers
Liar Liar
Jurassic Park II
Starship Troopers
The Fifth Element

I saw 1997 and was kinda surprised, but seeing MIB same year really makes me realize how recent that was. Wow.

McShiva

5-14-6-1
Aug 27, 2010
The Oilers Org sure didn't deserve McDavid, but as fans, we sure did. As to Buffalo, It was just bad luck on their part, or the hockey gods paying them back for literally trading away every useful vet asset they had (including 2 goalies) this last season. It was a tank job done by their GM, and it didn't pay off, and I feel for the sabres fans because it's very likely Buffalo will be out of the playoffs for the next couple years, and maybe even a couple more lottery picks in their future.

Personally, I ignore the 12 year olds that post on the main board.

Awesome day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad