Rumor: Oilers Targeting Chychrun or Ekholm, Gavrikov is the Fall Back Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
They move Barrie out... the only current Oiler D that was actually playing up to his abilities.

Ekholm in for effectively 2 1sts + Barrie... too much for what Ekholm is and what he adds to the lineup.

I'd have traded for Chychrun as that's a needle mover... Ekholm in and Barrie out is a net overall effect of piss all overall and I'd say it's a downgrade overall.

Holland may not be done yet though so let's see what else he does... but as of right now... team is no better than it was yesterday. Hate to piss in everyone's cornflakes but you'll see that as well when the team plays with Ekholm in the lineup instead of Barrie.

Let's see what other moves this GM makes... maybe he can still redeem himself with the pennies he has to play with.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
To be honest.... What went the other way here makes me feel like Holland could legit get both Ekholm and Cychrun.
iu

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I think they'll leave the D mostly alone and try to turn Yamamoto into two cheaper forwards. Probably rentals so they can get max retention without too much trouble.

Or at least that's what I would do.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
They move Barrie out... the only current Oiler D that was actually playing up to his abilities.

Ekholm out for effectively 2 1sts + Barrie... too much for what Ekholm is and what he adds to the lineup.

I'd have traded for Chychrun as that's a needle mover... Ekholm in and Barrie out is a net overall effect of piss all overall and I'd say it's a downgrade overall.

Holland may not be done yet though so let's see what else he does... but as of right now... team is no better than it was yesterday. Hate to piss in everyone's cornflakes but you'll see that as well when the team plays with Ekholm in the lineup instead of Barrie.

Let's see what other moves this GM makes... maybe he can still redeem himself with the pennies he has to play with.
Barrie is a bottom pairing PP D. This makes us much better.

Reactions: bestmyfeeling
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad