Rumor: Oilers Targeting Chychrun or Ekholm, Gavrikov is the Fall Back Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
100% disagree. The 1st had to be used for a D upgrade with term. Schaefer could easily bust and the best case is likely a middle six winger. Barrie will be missed but he made too much for his ES role.

They got the best D man in the market IMO, massive win.
I do think he will bring some steadiness overall and that has a huge benefit. Like just calm things down back there in general. And maybe in the room a little. He’s a vet and seasoned

Lol and I could give two shits about Schaefer. Like massive “whatever”. Could be something. Could be the next JF Jacques

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I do think he will bring some steadiness overall and that has a huge benefit. Like just calm things down back there in general. And maybe in the room a little. He’s a vet and seasoned

Yup, and he had playoff experience, going to the finals that one run. He’ll be hungry to win

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I wonder if this forces L.A. to put the chips in for Chychrun.

If the Oilers are adding another D, give me Jensen.

Reactions: McAsuno

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
Yes, my bad. Thank you
I get you homie.

giphy.gif

Reactions: spot

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Have to think the Oilers are looking at a forward. Top six RW would be nice since that's clearly a weakness, but more likely a cheap depth forward.

Hopefully that someone that contributes this time though, because Holland's deadline depth purchases have been terrible(Athoiu, Brassard)

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
My question:
Why would Edmonton make Nashville retain so little it's almost immaterial, 250k, if they didn't already have a plan for it? I think another move could be coming. The Oilers need a D to play the right side (Ceci to bottom pair or trade), and they could use another impactful forward on the Top 6 RW

COOK IT UP, KENNY

Oilers needed Nashville to retain at least 50k and be able to run a 21 player roster.

With the following 21 player roster the Oilers only have $200k in cap space:
Draisaitl-McDavid-Hyman
Kane-RNH-Yamamoto
Foegele-McLeod-Kostin
Janmark-Shore-Ryan

Nurse-Ceci
Ekholm-Bouchard
Kulak-Desharnais
Broberg

Campbell
Skinner

They could bump it to around a million if they sent Shore, Broberg or Desharnais down and continued with just 20 skaters

Reactions: McAsuno
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad