Rumor: Oilers Targeting Chychrun or Ekholm, Gavrikov is the Fall Back Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I love how we all complained about KH not doing anything when he finally does something we nit pick about a dman who we clearly didn’t need going the other way. Barrie for 4.5 vs Ekholm for 6 :/ come on.

and Pulju but yah...Ekholm more impactful....although Pulju had his moments. And Barrie. But in theory Ekholm is exactly who you want.

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Brutal! Why trade Barrie?
your-post-is-e3wryn.jpg

2kdj3s.jpg

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
This turned out to be an interesting day in Oil Country. Sorry I didn't give everyone the heads up yesterday.

• Haha
Reactions: Oilhawks

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Barrie is a bottom pairing PP D. This makes us much better.
Barrie is underrated.

This doesn't make the Oilers much better. Adding Ekholm AND having Barrie in the lineup would move the needle. Taking Barrie out and adding Ekholm in does piss all overall... especially at the cost of 2 1sts and his cap hit is higher as well. Those assets are better used on something better than Ekholm.. especially when you get him at the cost of moving out Barrie.

Let's watch the games and see what the net effect of this will be overall.

Also... of course Holland could still do more here in deals the next few days to help redeem this deal... still a few days left to try and actually improve the team instead of sideways/downgrade moves.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Barrie is underrated.

This doesn't make the Oilers much better. Adding Ekholm AND having Barrie in the lineup would move the needle. Taking Barrie out and adding Ekholm in does piss all overall... especially at the cost of 2 1sts and his cap hit is higher as well. Those assets are better used on something better than Ekholm.. especially when you get him at the cost of moving out Barrie.

Also... of course Holland could still do more here in deals the next few days to help redeem this deal... still a few days left to try and actually improve the team instead of sideways/downgrade moves.
You really like Barrie.

I do too. But other than the PP and a good guy in the dressing room, is he really all that? He is only here for one more year anyway. Ekholm we have for 4.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Barrie is underrated.

Pp gets a little worse but the PK and 5v5 gets better.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
You really like Barrie.

I do too. But other than the PP and a good guy in the dressing room, is he really all that? He is only here for one more year anyway. Ekholm we have for 4.
I've never seen a dman collapse and give up zone entries like Barrie in my life. Guy was abysmal in all facets of the game other than giving the puck to RNH and McD on the PP, and stepping up with a nice shot every now and then.

If he had better mobility and puck movement, he would've been way more valuable. But he was a shoot first OFD that wasn't really good at facilitaing much else.

Reactions: TGOSnipes99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad