Post-Game Talk: Oilers survive a scare, make up for Steve Smith 35 years ago

How surprised are you that the Oilers pulled it out tonight?

• Total voters

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Lol Eric Francis “flames feel a bad bounce cost them the game.”

Really?
There comments after each game are delusional..Oilers never had their best game but still had more high danger chances....last game 1 player beat them...all I see are excuses.

That’s a lot of what ifs
Oilers have been the better team except 2 to 3 periods... and still beat the flames when they never played their best game..weird seeing oil fans downplaying their own team. playoffs are hard you are not going to dominate every period .

Gregsky99

Dec 16, 2012
Elliot Freidman and Jeff Marek confident this series isn't over and feel Calgary has something left on 32 thoughts. Sure thing, I am sure they along with every other pundit picked Calgary to win the series. Doesn't look like it with the Oilers up 3-1, why should we believe you now lol
They don't want it to be over as like 26/29 of sports analysts would be fired

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Now if that goal was in overtime....

Now if we could get Mc David to pose on Miley Cyrus' wrecking ball....

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Anyone else still feeling a bit nervous?

The Oilers need to close this shit out. Until then I can’t rest easy.
Definitely. Need less gloating from everyone, that always bites you in the ass. I'm a huge proponent of not talking! We need the team to have their workboots and be prepared to work on Thursday. It isn't over until the final buzzer. 4th game is the hardest.

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
NHL game management not calling a penalty on that play and then Kane scores anyway. Seemed like momentary justice. I mean the equivalent of Lionel Messi was hauled down around the box. How do you not call it? Thats the NHL... Worse you've got Michael Jordan out there and the league is allowing clubs to slew foot him into the boards. The same Flames team that has done that to every star player they face.

Maybe one day the NHL will figure out the importance of protecting and preserving their star players. In any sensible league a McDavid would get benefit of doubt in calls.
That was a sneaky slew foot on MCDavid but still a slew foot just the same. The one on McLovin was straight up suspendable i…

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Definitely. Need less gloating from everyone, that always bites you in the ass. I'm a huge proponent of not talking! We need the team to have their workboots and be prepared to work on Thursday. It isn't over until the final buzzer. 4th game is the hardest.

Exactly. Especially when you don't have home ice, this isn't an easy series to close out. Lose the next one and the pressure shifts back to us. It's going to take another level to finish this one off. They've exceeded my expectations so far, just hoping it continues.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
It's really ironic how the Kings roster is more suited for Sutter than the flames. Sutter would have probably finished 1st in the division with a healthy Kings team.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
I had my oilers pajamas my wife got me for Xmas on. I guess they are lucky pajamas now.

Just saying...since switching to the Sutter/Sloth avy during the first intermission of game 2, the Oilers are outscoring Calgary 13-5 and are 3-0.
My lucky jersey is 3-0!!! We're going streaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OIlers in 5

I’ll take part credit. It was 3-3 when I decided to put my old ass authentic copper and blue home jersey on lol 😂
capplan.jpg

BY OUR POWERS COMBINED...

Last edited:

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Lol we’re only winning because we are making a Vezina candidate look like a sieve…

What does that even mean?
FatalOblongCheetah-size_restricted.gif

TBF to the casuals out there, it's hard to necessarily blame them if your information comes from the media coverage. The entire pre-game was "CGY this, CGY that" like the Oilers have no say in the game. If you listen to the media they perpetuate the narrative that CGY is losing themselves the game and treat us like a training dummy. Must be their attempt at saving face from picking CGY in 6 or less I guess.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I have a strong feeling we lose tomorrow, but close it out game 6 at home.
Not because of any doom or gloom, just I feel like Calgary has at least one good game in them.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad