GDT: Oilers@Stars - 7:30PM - Darnell Does Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
A 1260 guest was mentioning how he liked playing away games against teams around Christmas as they were often unfocused with all the stuff happening at home around holiday season.

Guess we can hope for that.

Reactions: Sanchez

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Not sure how anybody can live there when they got shit that can kill you like crocs, sharks, spiders, snakes, etc.
Edmonton may be cold AF during the winter, but I'd rather deal with just the cold than the critters they have, haha.
Yeah it's nice not worrying about things outside that can kill you. One thing I will say... Renting in this city without access to a parkade or garage is f***ing terrible. We have 2 older cars and when we try to start them in this cold, they don't. Not even with a block heater. It's been so bad that my dad felt sorry enough for us to the point where he let us borrow his much newer Nissan for the week while he took one of our cars to keep warm in his garage! God bless him. lol

Reactions: Gordy Elbows

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Hehe, I'd rather live here than Australia though.
The snakes and the kind of spiders they have? No thanks.
Nothing grosses me out more imagining waking up and seeing a huge huntsman spider casually chilling on the wall near me. f*** that.
Huntsman is preferable tbh. Most of the bigger spiders are. It’s the small, highly venemous ones that suck because a) you can’t see them until it’s too late and b) their bites can actually kill you.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Huntsman is preferable tbh. Most of the bigger spiders are. It’s the small, highly venemous ones that suck because a) you can’t see them until it’s too late and b) their bites can actually kill you.

Yup. Have to be very careful gardening down there.

Reactions: Cloned

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

I have arachnophobia regardless so any spiders makes me want to gag

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I have arachnophobia regardless so any spiders makes me want to gag

787C78C4-42A2-4928-8040-AC8B96CAA79E.gif

OddManRush

Mar 22, 2022
Oilers are in tough tonight. Only a .309 pts% all-time at American Airlines Center :oops:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So you die of a heart attack being surprised/shocked by a giant spider "with a leg span up to one feet long" and the coroner says at least it wasn't death by venom...

jebus this thing is like a Science fiction nightmare. Little solace that the Venom doesn't exactly kill you, just scares the life out of you and causes severe swelling which you may or may not notice...

Up to one feet. holy crap. I'll never visit Australia or the region.

These people are nuts. Theres like whole tribes of people on "facebook" that take pictures with Huntsman spiders on their face. I didn't want to know this

1671665131252.png

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So you die of a heart attack being surprised/shocked by a giant spider "with a leg span up to one feet long" and the coroner says at least it wasn't death by venom...

jebus this thing is like a Science fiction nightmare. Little solace that the Venom doesn't exactly kill you, just scares the life out of you and causes severe swelling which you may or may not notice...

Up to one feet. holy crap. I'll never visit Australia or the region.
At least you can see it beforehand and figure out a way to get rid of it (maybe call for help…)

The funnel web spiders in Sydney and little f***ers like the brown recluse here just love to hide in clothing, shoes, bedding…basically anything humans will eventually touch. Then they bite you with deadly venom and you don’t even know what hit you.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
At least you can see it beforehand and figure out a way to get rid of it (maybe call for help…)

The funnel web spiders in Sydney and little f***ers like the brown recluse here just love to hide in clothing, shoes, bedding…basically anything humans will eventually touch. Then they bite you with deadly venom and you don’t even know what hit you.
Not native to Alberta from what I see. Worry more about Black Widow spiders which can be here.

Reactions: Oilhawks and Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Even though nature put a red hourglass on them to remind anything to stay clear. lol I kind of like when nature alerts to danger by some kind of signage. Red hourglass signalling the time between sting and.....
Kinda amazing that nature replicated a man made shape tbh. One of those things that makes you wonder just how connected the universe really is.

Reactions: Drivesaitl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad