GDT: Oilers@Stars - 7:30PM - Darnell Does Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I come in peace, with a shameless HFBoards Plug

i-want-to-play-a-game-play-time.gif

Starting this Friday. NHL Survivor

Winner will receive a special HFBoards Trophy, $5,000 in Sportbook Cash, something from the Evolve Media Prize Vault and most importantly of all... bragging rights.

For information on the game, go here.

To sign up go here.

397863.jpg
Thanks for setting this up. The NFL one was a lot of fun.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

That's what we need. Janmark still on the 2nd line and Shore still playing.
Woodcroft has gone full Tippett this season, good grief.

My patience with Woodcroft is running very, very, very thin. Can't wait to watch the top line get repeatedly hemmed in by literally any of Dallas's lines in this one with at least 2 ESGA's. Also can't wait to see Nurse on the ice with them at all times and watch him repeatedly f*** up breakout passes and scramble like an idiot down low.

Even Tippett is mixing up his lines by now. For all of Tippett's faults he did generally know when to split McDavid and Drai when they started playing dumb. Not Woodcroft apparently.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

That's what we need. Janmark still on the 2nd line and Shore still playing.
Woodcroft has gone full Tippett this season, good grief.

If at first it dont succeed, try try try try try try try try again, just like our breakout and forecheck systems.

Definition of insanity is the Oilers coaching for the past f***ing decade.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
My patience with Woodcroft is running very, very, very thin. Can't wait to watch the top line get repeatedly hemmed in by literally any of Dallas's lines in this one with at least 2 ESGA's. Also can't wait to see Nurse on the ice with them at all times and watch him repeatedly f*** up breakout passes and scramble like an idiot down low.

Even Tippett is mixing up his lines by now. For all of Tippett's faults he did generally know when to split McDavid and Drai when they started playing dumb. Not Woodcroft apparently.

We're gonna get f***ing killed by Robertson's line tonight and there still won't be any adjustments to the lineup. As if the last 3 games against teams below us in the standings didn't give Woody a wake up call.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
My patience with Woodcroft is running very, very, very thin. Can't wait to watch the top line get repeatedly hemmed in by literally any of Dallas's lines in this one with at least 2 ESGA's.

Then be praised as the best players on the ice in the game because they scored on the PP again.

It's time to break out the three centre unicorn lineup:

Hyman-97-McLovin (not as a promotion to McLovin, moreso to balance lines)
Holloway-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi
Janmark-RNH-Yamamoto
Kostin-Shore-Ryan, but insert Kostin into any of the other lines if someone is struggling, or double shift one of the other three forward onto this line in Shore's place.

At this point what could it hurt!!!

Reactions: K1984

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
We're gonna get f***ing killed by Robertson's line tonight and there still won't be any adjustments to the lineup. As if the last 3 games against teams below us in the standings didn't give Woody a wake up call.

Lines that cycle with speed murder the McDavid-Drai line. They don't even have to be good players, they just need to skate up and down the wing fast and cycle. Then those two just stand in the middle and watch while waving their sticks around. They sit around and wait for the d men to maybe, hopefully get the puck (won't happen with Nurse-Ceci) then they blow the zone. Watching them play in their own end when together is honestly the most infuriating thing about this team because they have it in them to be better than that, but they just don't care, don't know, whatever.

Didn't even think about Robertson yet. You're right, he and Hintz are going to absolutely smoke McDavid and Drai 5v5 tonight. That could be their worst matchup on paper in the league to be honest.

Reactions: McAsuno

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Then be praised as the best players on the ice in the game because they scored on the PP again.

That's what this team is doing frustratingly lately. Rely on the PP and McDrai to win. Major issues scoring 5x5, McDrai being played too many minutes when they should be separated, Holloway's line gets f*** all minutes despite playing relatively well, Kostin having to play with the abysmal Devin Shore who needs to GTFO this team already. Darnell Nurse turning over the puck like hot potato, the rest of the D can't make a f***ing outlet pass or transition the puck since there's no puck support from the forwards, and letting the opponents get into their zone so easily since the Oilers just coast or stand passively rather than get right at them aggressively.

Yet nothing will be changed. Woodcroft went from a genius who actually adapted into coaching like Dave Tippett or Todd McLellan. Same old shit.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Lines that cycle with speed murder the McDavid-Drai line. They don't even have to be good players, they just need to skate up and down the wing fast and cycle. Then those two just stand in the middle and watch while waving their sticks around. They sit around and wait for the d men to maybe, hopefully get the puck (won't happen with Nurse-Ceci) then they blow the zone. Watching them play in their own end when together is honestly the most infuriating thing about this team because they have it in them to be better than that, but they just don't care, don't know, whatever.

Didn't even think about Robertson yet. You're right, he and Hintz are going to absolutely smoke McDavid and Drai 5v5 tonight. That could be their worst matchup on paper in the league to be honest.
Has been like every game the last couple years.

Robertson 4 goals, 4 assists in 4 career games vs. Edmonton.
Hintz 3 goals, 5 asssists in 4 games the last two year.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Holloway's been buzzing for the past 3 games, and Woody still refuses to promote him to the 1st or 2nd line while giving him as less minutes compared to the abysmal Devin 'Belanger 2.0' Shore.

I'm sitting here completely confused why Janmark is getting the preferential lineup treatment he is. Usually there is some dumb intangible the seduces coaches into overplaying players they shouldn't (big, veteran, physical, leader, etc), but Janmark is just...Janmark. I have no idea what the hell Woodcroft is waiting for to magically happen with this player.

Reactions: McAsuno

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I think it’s hilarious Woodcroft dedicated the entire preseason to his AHL guys but never plays them now in the regular season.

Combine’s the worst of Oilers coaching.

Training camp and loves to hear himself talk like Eakins.
Player regression like TMac.
Systems like Tippett.

Reactions: Cloned

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
If at first it dont succeed, try try try try try try try try again, just like our breakout and forecheck systems.

Definition of insanity is the Oilers coaching for the past f***ing decade.
his mixed up the lines and they looked good for the third period against I think Anaheim.

So what he does is he goes back to exactly wasnt working

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
his mixed up the lines and they looked good for the third period against I think Anaheim.

So what he does is he goes back to exactly wasnt working

Surely will work against a Dallas team from their barn that the Oilers already struggle to win against and in though!

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
During the 3 game losing streak the team has actually been playing decent. It's the mistake's by Nurse and Bouchard that have cost us 3 points. We should have never went to OT against STL and shouldn't have lost to Anaheim.

I expected the Nashville game to be tough since we embarrassed them the last 2 games. Don't understand why Woodcroft kept McDrai together considering that they were practically putting a shadow on Draisaitl. If he seperated them then I think Mcdavid would have had a big game.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Drake betting on Dallas?

I might put all my savings into that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad