Confirmed with Link: Oilers sign FA Drake Caggiula

BleedingOil

Dec 4, 2006
Edmonton
CIS players have been playing hockey their entire lives but aren't talented enough to play in a good league. They're better than the average person but nothing special. Anyone who plays hockey for 15-20 years should be able to reach that level.

Are you serious? Garbage post

BleedingOil

Dec 4, 2006
Edmonton
There are definitely a few good CIS programs. Golden Bears being far and away the best. It's nothing compared D1 though, which is what I meant.

The bears team with those names mentioned beat several D1 teams a couple years back in exhibition

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
The bears team with those names mentioned beat several D1 teams a couple years back in exhibition

They've also been roasted by several D1 teams. Exhibition is a bad indicator anyways imo when there's much less turnover in CIS so the team as a whole is much more familiar. I don't think the Bears would be a .500 team in the competitive D1 divisions.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
CIS players have been playing hockey their entire lives but aren't talented enough to play in a good league. They're better than the average person but nothing special. Anyone who plays hockey for 15-20 years should be able to reach that level.

What a joke.

duul

Jun 21, 2010

That's what I said. They are far and away the best CIS program and were capable of beating a few D1 teams in exhibition, and getting stomped by others.

JayE

Sep 24, 2016

Are you serious?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
So I would read this thread to see how Caggiula is doing, but that isn't being discussed, so, how has he been? I've seen him briefly and he looked to be pretty confident out there. TM seems to have just let him play his game, instead of wanting dump and chase, simplistic plays, as Caggiula looked to have been trying to create offense everytime he has the puck instead of being nervous to make a mistake.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
So I would read this thread to see how Caggiula is doing, but that isn't being discussed, so, how has he been? I've seen him briefly and he looked to be pretty confident out there. TM seems to have just let him play his game, instead of wanting dump and chase, simplistic plays, as Caggiula looked to have been trying to create offense everytime he has the puck instead of being nervous to make a mistake.

He's been much better than expected- remarkably so, actually- given he didn't even get a conditioning stint. Caggiula is at his best when he gets time and space to use his speed and quick hands, and his current usage has allowed for that as you mention. However, that chippy side of his game is still present as ever, and he's been effective at agitating the hell out of guys with his persistent forecheck.

Big fan, and I think between he, Pitlick and Slepyshev, we finally have some NHL-quality depth.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
He's been much better than expected- remarkably so, actually- given he didn't even get a conditioning stint. Caggiula is at his best when he gets time and space to use his speed and quick hands, and his current usage has allowed for that as you mention. However, that chippy side of his game is still present as ever, and he's been effective at agitating the hell out of guys with his persistent forecheck.

Big fan, and I think between he, Pitlick and Slepyshev, we finally have some NHL-quality depth.

Good to hear - I really like him as a player, so was just wondering how he has been doing. Thanks for that.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

tumblr_mk8e263cXm1qjczh3o8_500.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad