Confirmed with Link: Oilers sign Corey Perry (775k AAV, 225k for 10GP, 50k for winning Round II, 50k for winning Round III)

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Has anyone seen Button's video on TSN? Saying that Perry is good to have so he can call out McD and Drai when they're not working hard enough.
Button sniffs his own farts for breakfast so the fumes must be warping his brain.

• Haha
Reactions: Sanchez

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Really good signing. Hopefully Perry can continue with his off ice rehabilitation and find success in that, as well as help us take the next step on the ice. Found it a bit amusing that a player who recently was on three straight different SC runner up teams didn’t include a bonus requirement for actually winning the SC, stopped just short of that. ;)

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Really good signing. Hopefully Perry can continue with his off ice rehabilitation and find success in that, as well as help us take the next step on the ice. Found it a bit amusing that a player who recently was on three straight different SC runner up teams didn’t include a bonus requirement for actually winning the SC, stopped just short of that. ;)
With extra caveat in contract that when he does win the cup that he can only drink apple juice from it. :)

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
good signing...bring a wealth of playoff experience, can still play and is a pest

slow as molasses and pretty much a 4th liner with some spot duty on PP2

but he's a pain to play against, especially in the playoffs

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Those performance bonuses are nothing. Whew, I was worried that there would be 2m+ or so of incentive but lol at it being a 10 game bonus again. The 10 game performance bonus is the new 2 year contract for ole Kenny. Love this signing regardless, just don't put him in the top 6.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Just another good luck situation for Holland. Another player that fell into his lap, so we know if it works out we can just chalk it up to good fortune.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Was a guy I've wanted for awhile. Then listening to whoever it was on Gregor's show last week I really wanted him more. Just having that guy in the room that has won before can help settle things down if the game plan isn't working in the playoffs.

With that being said I think even though there is a spot higher up the lineup, this is a guy that essentially is a 4th liner. He was a 10 minute a night player with loads of PP time in CHI, so to expect much more I think is a little unfair to the player. Even then he was pacing for 36 even strength points on the 4th line in CHI, so hopefully he can continue that.

Curious if a Gagner-Holloway-Perry line would be beneficial for Holloway. Both Gagner and Perry are vets that somehow are producing in limited time. Yes I get the skating aspect of it, but obviously those guys know how to get to the right spot despite their speed.
So true. His smarts reduce his need to skate all over the ice (see Janmark and Erne). And he’s not a perimeter player…always near the crease when he’s producing.

Reactions: joestevens29

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Just another good luck situation for Holland. Another player that fell into his lap, so we know if it works out we can just chalk it up to good fortune.

Idk man. I think Holland should get some credit for always pouncing on these situations. Even going back to Detroit - I used to think "man it's so nice that all these players fall into Detroit's lap, must be nice..."

But honestly... 5 to 10 teams wanted Kane. 5 to 10 teams wanted Perry. They came here.

Holland deserves some flak, but I think he deserves some credit too.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Kane - Drai - Perry holy cow

He must really love playing he's earned just under 100M over his career and he's signing for ~1M total if he hits his bonuses to play in snowy Edmonton
He's not a top 6 player anymore. Foegele deserves to stay in that spot, quite frankly. I think we'll see Perry attached to Holloway which would be great for Holloway's development, besides the fact that Perry can still play it's big to have a veteran of his stature in the room adding a guy with extensive Cup run experience.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Idk man. I think Holland should get some credit for always pouncing on these situations. Even going back to Detroit - I used to think "man it's so nice that all these players fall into Detroit's lap, must be nice..."

But honestly... 5 to 10 teams wanted Kane. 5 to 10 teams wanted Perry. They came here.

Holland deserves some flak, but I think he deserves some credit too.
I agree with you.

Just getting out in front of the usual suspects.

Reactions: Faelko

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Well McDavid has shown that he can play with slow skaters before, if he can turn Maroon into a 27 goal scorer, the sky is the limit for a former 50 goal Scorey Perry.

Although I don't anticipate him playing higher than the third line potentially.
Given the revolving door at 2RW, I could easily see Perry getting some reps with Leon.

Victor000

Dec 23, 2022
Read somewhere that he was very close to signing with FLA. Nice to be able to pick from a list of contenders chasing after you.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
When is Perrys first game?
Im thinking that he starts in Vegas Feb 6th on the California road trip.

Gives him a couple of weeks to get up to game speed.
Given his time away from the game, he’ll need some Bako time (3 or 4 games)…..so Feb 6 looks pretty good

Douche Kane - Pissy Leon - Rat Perry

I think I have to order a Perry jersey 😈
Ken Linseman might object to having his “Rat” honorific given to another player.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Check out his trophy case:

Mem Cup
World Junior gold
World Championships gold
World Cup gold
Olympic Gold 2x
Stanley Cup

And of course the Hart.
Holy hell, that’s gotta put him into some seriously elite company. Cool to bring a vet like that into the fold.

Last edited:

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
If he's actually trying to clean himself up Edmonton makes much more sense than Miami. Not a lot of distractions here and the team is on a 13 game heater

So f***ing lame that it's not on oilers.com and is instead on the pay crap. Nice to look after all of the fans and not just the ones that are quick to fork over cash because they have it burning a hole in their pocket.
last time that happened Global livestreamed it. Maybe it'll be like that again.

EDIT: Gene's tweet says it will be on sportnet.ca

lol last one unless something significant breaks, you can see Perry better in Geno's vid.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad