Confirmed with Link: Oilers Schedule Released

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Yep, if they can get off to a good start and get on a bit of a roll, confidence will be high. Confidence is everything for players, if they have success early, this team could look very different than it has for the last eight years.

Or they could lose off the bat and continue to eat bricks of **** again. Lets hope for the former.

Right now at this moment, TSN's five channels are a bit of a joke. They show the same programming on three, four, and even sometimes all five channels. What's the point of having so many when the same damn thing is on every one? I would hope that, in time there will be more choices per channel, as the alternative is just stupid. Also, I'm pretty annoyed that they didn't replay the labour day game between the Esks and the Stamps. There is absolutely no excuse for not replaying games of importance or interest when you have five channels showing the same crap.

The point would be that when the broadcasting warrants it they will have the means to show multiple games in varying leagues at the same time.

Of course thats not going to be 24/7...expecting that to happen misses the point entirely.

As you did mention as time rolls on they will be able to fine tune the down time but for now I dont think its as bad as you are portraying.

Last edited:

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
I don't understand how tv is going to work for next season... Wasn't TSN not going to have any games this season??? Now suddenly they have 5 channels and are getting games? Will those channels be available to us or will most of the game on them be blacked out here?? I feel like overall there's going to be more games and more choices this season in regards to someone who owns a full cable package, but just not sure how it will all work exactly.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
The point would be that when the broadcasting warrants it they will have the means to show multiple games in varying leagues at the same time.

Of course thats not going to be 24/7...expecting that to happen misses the point entirely.

As you did mention as time rolls on they will be able to fine tune the down time but for now I dont think its as bad as you are portraying.

I'm not dumb enough to think it will stay the same. I already said I figured that was the plan. As it is now, it's silly. And yes, there are literally 3, 4, and sometimes 5 of the same sports programming on at the same time. And, like I said, they aren't replaying hardly anything with all that free time and space. It's disappointing.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I'm not dumb enough to think it will stay the same. I already said I figured that was the plan. As it is now, it's silly. And yes, there are literally 3, 4, and sometimes 5 of the same sports programming on at the same time. And, like I said, they aren't replaying hardly anything with all that free time and space. It's disappointing.

Yep. thing is as well if you're going to be occupying those spots on the HDtier than damn well use them. Or make them 300level channels I don't end up channel surfing around.

Plus, and probably because I didn't get a newer PVR is I don't get picture on TSN 3, 4, 5 anyway. Just the audio.

Gotta get off my arse and get a new PVR. Soon after I do that another brand new model will come out making the one I just got expendable..:rant:

Question to anybody. I basically only watch HD channels. Is there any way to pay only for those channels? Any subscriber allowing that? I got close to 200 channels I never watch.

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
Yep. thing is as well if you're going to be occupying those spots on the HDtier than damn well use them. Or make them 300level channels I don't end up channel surfing around.

Plus, and probably because I didn't get a newer PVR is I don't get picture on TSN 3, 4, 5 anyway. Just the audio.

Gotta get off my arse and get a new PVR. Soon after I do that another brand new model will come out making the one I just got expendable..:rant:

Question to anybody. I basically only watch HD channels. Is there any way to pay only for those channels? Any subscriber allowing that? I got close to 200 channels I never watch.

I could be wrong but I think you can call shaw and get them to fix the blacked out channels that you only get sound on. Might just have to reprogram things from their side.

smackdaddy

x – Edmonton
Nov 24, 2006
B.C.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I could be wrong but I think you can call shaw and get them to fix the blacked out channels that you only get sound on. Might just have to reprogram things from their side.

I still have an Mpeg2 PVR. A lot of the new HD channels are requiring Mpeg4 receiver at least with Shaw anyway.

I've tried resets and other troubleshooting. Pretty sure its Mpeg2 PVR that's the problem

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I don't understand how tv is going to work for next season... Wasn't TSN not going to have any games this season??? Now suddenly they have 5 channels and are getting games? Will those channels be available to us or will most of the game on them be blacked out here?? I feel like overall there's going to be more games and more choices this season in regards to someone who owns a full cable package, but just not sure how it will all work exactly.
TSN lost the national rights. They still have the regional rights for the Leafs, Sens, and Jets. The only way you'll see those games on TSN is if you live in the Toronto/Ottawa/Winnipeg region or order NHL Centre Ice.

Smart Dunsparce*

Yep, if they can get off to a good start and get on a bit of a roll, confidence will be high. Confidence is everything for players, if they have success early, this team could look very different than it has for the last eight years.

Or they could lose off the bat and continue to eat bricks of **** again. Lets hope for the former.

Right now at this moment, TSN's five channels are a bit of a joke. They show the same programming on three, four, and even sometimes all five channels. What's the point of having so many when the same damn thing is on every one? I would hope that, in time there will be more choices per channel, as the alternative is just stupid. Also, I'm pretty annoyed that they didn't replay the labour day game between the Esks and the Stamps. There is absolutely no excuse for not replaying games of importance or interest when you have five channels showing the same crap.
Remember TSN Jets? They removed that channel and apparently TSN 3 is the new TSN Jets, TSN 4 is for the leaves and TSN 5 is for the Sens. These are essentially their regional channels.

Smart Dunsparce*

National games are never blacked out for obvious reasons... seeing as TSN 3,4 and 5 are regional channels for the leafs, jets and sens we will almost certainly be blacked out on those channels during game day of those respective teams. Imo the good thing is that we get to see more games because there are way more national broadcasts.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I don't suppose anyone knows if any preseason games are going to be on t.v. eh? Would be great if most or all are aired, but it'd be good to know what's what. I'm not a big fan of streams, so here's hoping.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I don't suppose anyone knows if any preseason games are going to be on t.v. eh? Would be great if most or all are aired, but it'd be good to know what's what. I'm not a big fan of streams, so here's hoping.

Seems like the two games against the Canucks are on sportsnet pacific. Otherwise they've got Oilers TV for 3 and TBD for 3.

CBCnutcase

Sep 11, 2007
Got a text saying that this Saturday's Oilers game at Florida is now a national game on SN1. It was going to be regional on SNW but it's changed so 33 national games this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad