GDT: Oilers Rookies vs. U of A Golden Bears | Rexall | 7:00 PM MST | 9.16.15 | Streamed

AUAIOMRN

Aug 22, 2005
Edmonton
They just released the blues today too (I think).

Edit: Thinking about this, this really is pretty unbelievable. I think the atmosphere tonight will be the most electric Rexall has been since maybe Gagner's 9 point night.

It's still unbelievable that Gagner got 10 points in a game.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Not gunna lie if I was going id be rocking the green and gold and cheering for UofA. Alumni and itd be fun

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
OK Folks. My wife just got in from work and said they said on 1260 that McDavid wasn't going to play.

Me: "Where did you hear that?"
Her: "1260"
Me: "I was just on HF and there would be a ****ing uproar if that was true"
Her: "Well...they DID say IF he didn't play, so I might be wrong"

She scared the **** out of me.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
Not new at all. I think it's always been the case. I have a friend who played with the Bears and was a Canucks draft choice - he's over 50 and fighting was prohibited back when he played. I think you're either mistaken or if you fight in university hockey you're automatically tossed, which may have happened. I'm not sure if there is also a suspension.

I don't know if the rules are different for this game given that it's an exhibition game with a non-U team. I'd guess not but I don't really know.

I dunno. I specifically remember a fight with Laraque, and I seem to remember more than one, because Laraque absolutely destroyed them. Maybe the multiple fights was a fabricated memory, but I remember that being the first time I noticed Laraque. But Google brought up nothing, so whatever.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
I can't believe that this game isn't on tv. I don't know why the broadcasting companies hate exhibition, and pre-season games so much.

It was 8 points morons. Duh.

I know right? Who the hell can't get the simple fact of Gagner's 9 point night correct.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Just over an hour to go. No matter the outcome, this will be a great welcome to Edmonton for Connor.

Honestly I'm just as excited to see Slepyshev on his line. I know Sleppy looked a bit off in Penticton but you can see his shot and size are prevalent. His highlights on Youtube show he has great speed but we didn't see that yet. Maybe when he gets into season form or through training camp he will speed up.

I will keep repeating myself in saying that Nurse is a lock to make our team out of camp. Guy is better than Klefbom and probably on par with Sekera. Different players, but I think he starts the year with us.

Klefbom-Sekera
Nurse-Fayne
Nikitin-Schultz
Ference-Gryba

RebuildTheRebuild

Apr 27, 2013
I know Slepyshev is normally a LW but has Edmonton been playing him on the RW during the Young Stars tourney or is this his first go at it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad