GDT: Oilers Rookies vs. U of A Golden Bears | Rexall | 7:00 PM MST | 9.16.15 | Streamed

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Are there any fighters on the Bears? I recall when Laraque was a rookie, he got into a few scraps in this game. I wonder if a few will want to try out Nurse, just so they can say they fought Darnell Nurse (assuming he becomes an established NHLer is the future, which he should).

No, fighting is verboten in university hockey.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Ah. Is that a relatively new thing? There for sure was at least one fight when Laraque was a rookie (dating myself I know).

Not new at all. I think it's always been the case. I have a friend who played with the Bears and was a Canucks draft choice - he's over 50 and fighting was prohibited back when he played. I think you're either mistaken or if you fight in university hockey you're automatically tossed, which may have happened. I'm not sure if there is also a suspension.

I don't know if the rules are different for this game given that it's an exhibition game with a non-U team. I'd guess not but I don't really know.

Last edited:

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Excited for this game, but more excited to get the real training camp going and actually start seeing some real NHL action soon.

Alberta

Jul 20, 2005
Wont be home. Cant watch.

Other than a small highlight package, do you think the full game will be available to re-watch later tonight?

For the Penticton games, the games were all archived on the Oilers site right after.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
boy I am excited to see McDavid...and it's not even a pre-season game, let alone the season!

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
gonna wear my UofA hoodie and my oilers toque to the rink tonight. This game reminds me of my student life. Shame its grown too big for Clare Drake arena.

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
As a U of A grad, it's going to be tough to pick which team to cheer for. But I want to see McD dominate this game above all else!

They just released the blues today too (I think).

Yep, I purchased my tickets at 2am last night and those gallery seats were still showing grey

Evilsports

Aug 18, 2015
I'll be the drunk guy streaking across the ice in the 3rd period and getting hammered into the boards by the ref.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad