Confirmed with Link: Oilers Rookies vs Golden Bears at Rexall Sept 16

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
Wow this is nuts, I just checked Ticketmaster and it is nearly sold out with only some upper 200s left. I forgot about this and thought maybe I'd go on a whim. Guess I'll save the two hours of driving and watching a game that I have no vested interest in.

Good on the Oilers to move this to Rexall Place though, it means that the Golden Bears/Pandas are going to make substantially more than normal. Now when will they release plans for the 25th Anniversary of the 1985 Cup? That I will definitely go to after going last year.

Alberta

Jul 20, 2005
Wow this is nuts, I just checked Ticketmaster and it is nearly sold out with only some upper 200s left. I forgot about this and thought maybe I'd go on a whim. Guess I'll save the two hours of driving and watching a game that I have no vested interest in.

Good on the Oilers to move this to Rexall Place though, it means that the Golden Bears/Pandas are going to make substantially more than normal. Now when will they release plans for the 25th Anniversary of the 1985 Cup? That I will definitely go to after going last year.

I think there's more 200s than you think. I bet they're doing like the Oil Kings where they only release certain sections at a time (makes it easier to staff concessions and ushers/better atmosphere than having people spread all over the second level).

If and when they open centre ice on the opposite side I'm sure a good handful of very nice seats can be snagged.

EDIT: I see as of right now you could get row 2 section 224.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Totally forgot that seats went on sale today. Jumped online about 3:00 and got 2 tickets Row 33 Sec 223.

There was a wait time of 11 mins. I opened up another tab and just clicked on the seat map and bought the tickets by clicking on the seats instead of waiting.

I had seats purchased and printed off and it was at 1 minute waiting.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I think there's more 200s than you think. I bet they're doing like the Oil Kings where they only release certain sections at a time (makes it easier to staff concessions and ushers/better atmosphere than having people spread all over the second level).

If and when they open centre ice on the opposite side I'm sure a good handful of very nice seats can be snagged.

EDIT: I see as of right now you could get row 2 section 224.

This for the W. Its exactly what they are doing and its annoying. Meaning that people waiting, and buying tickets later will often be getting better tickets than many of the people that bought earlier. Because they are only releasing some of the sections and tiers at a time.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I just bought six tickets in the upper corner. It's the best that remain. I'll take clients, family or friends.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
This for the W. Its exactly what they are doing and its annoying. Meaning that people waiting, and buying tickets later will often be getting better tickets than many of the people that bought earlier. Because they are only releasing some of the sections and tiers at a time.

You mean the best-available tickets that I just bought aren't actually the best that will be available? That sucks. And it's really stupid.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
You mean the best-available tickets that I just bought aren't actually the best that will be available? That sucks. And it's really stupid.

One whole side of the 200's hasn't been put on sale yet. None of the 300's have been on sale.

Myself I prefer seats between the goals wherever they are over seats that are behind the goals. I can just see plays developing better that way.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
One whole side of the 200's hasn't been put on sale yet. None of the 300's have been on sale.

Myself I prefer seats between the goals wherever they are over seats that are behind the goals. I can just see plays developing better that way.

Ive always been partial to corner seats myself

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
So, I was thinking that I really got pretty good seats at Section 136, row 3, but from what I've read here and what my buddy I'm going with, Elric to those who recognize the HF member, has been telling me...... that up a bit higher in row 8 - 10 would've been a better choice.

It looks like the Penalty boxes are on the other side of the ice and the players bench's are off to the left though.

Any idea if there are other obstructions (besides the glass panel separators), that could get in the way? I'm assuming the boards may be a bit of an issue as well. But at least I can watch the sweat cascading from McDavid's brow up close! :laugh:

I guess I can't complain though, so I won't.

Last edited:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

I would suspect the 300 won't be made available, they likely don't want to have to open up that section.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I would suspect the 300 won't be made available, they likely don't want to have to open up that section.
Like I said one whole side of the 200's has also not been released. Or the Gallery section. Why would they not sell that? Of course they will. Right now there is about 300 seats up for sale in two end corners all over row 30. With much better seats remaining unsold at this point.

I'm not sure the dynamics of what Ticketmaster is doing, but I'll bet this arena has 14k+ in it. The McDavid hype is legit.

Its basically what the Oil Kings have been doing for years. They figure they minimize turnover work and clean up if they only keep certain sections of rink available. For instance most of the time only lower bowl is sold for Oil Kings.

But in this one demand is stronger. 16 days of sales to go and more sections will be opened up.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Like I said one whole side of the 200's has also not been released. Or the Gallery section. Why would they not sell that? Of course they will. Right now there is about 300 seats up for sale in two end corners all over row 30. With much better seats remaining unsold at this point.
Because they don't want to staff and deal with those sections for this kind of event.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Because they don't want to staff and deal with those sections for this kind of event.

What do you mean by "this kind of event" One where ticket sales were so quick they had to revert from the viewable map due to ticket sales being so fast. Or that presold 5K tickets?

Properly managed, and if seats are made available this thing comes close to selling out.

Of course whats happening now at the moment is anybody informed knows that the only tickets currently offered are some of the worst in the building and are waiting, like myself, for better tickets to become available.

Right now theres 300 fairly lame corner seats available. Theres a whole side of excellent 200 seats that haven't been made available for sale. This makes sense to you for a high demand event?

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
What do you mean by "this kind of event" One where ticket sales were so quick they had to revert from the viewable map due to ticket sales being so fast. Or that presold 5K tickets?

Properly managed, and if seats are made available this thing comes close to selling out.

Of course whats happening now at the moment is anybody informed knows that the only tickets currently offered are some of the worst in the building and are waiting, like myself, for better tickets to become available.

Right now theres 300 fairly lame corner seats available. Theres a whole side of excellent 200 seats that haven't been made available for sale. This makes sense to you for a high demand event?

I understand the reasoning for closing off the top bowl for Oil Kings games. There's a consistent pattern and it must really save on costs over the course of time.

But for this game I'm in total agreement with you. I don't know how else to explain it but a ******** move by whomever is responsible.

For the sake of fun imagine if they finally release the other side and only a few tickets sell. Seeing the first period with half of the upper bowl packed and the other side at 10%. Then the second period with both upper bowl sides full and the net ends empty :sarcasm:

I have a feeling this game is going to be horribly understaffed as is anyways.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I understand the reasoning for closing off the top bowl for Oil Kings games. There's a consistent pattern and it must really save on costs over the course of time.

But for this game I'm in total agreement with you. I don't know how else to explain it but a ******** move by whomever is responsible.

For the sake of fun imagine if they finally release the other side and only a few tickets sell. Seeing the first period with half of the upper bowl packed and the other side at 10%. Then the second period with both upper bowl sides full and the net ends empty :sarcasm:

I have a feeling this game is going to be horribly understaffed as is anyways.

The silliest thing is that ticket sales have basically stalled because of what they are doing and only having some of the worst seats in the building available (around 300 highest corner seats) Most people know whats going on and are just holding. Its like a silly game of chicken.

Except I know I'm going to win.:D

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
The silliest thing is that ticket sales have basically stalled because of what they are doing and only having some of the worst seats in the building available (around 300 highest corner seats) Most people know whats going on and are just holding. Its like a silly game of chicken.

Except I know I'm going to win.:D

The more I think about it the more it irks me.

This team talks the old "We're so appreciative of our fans montra"

But when it's time to walk the walk. They do this to try and save a buck.
(I may be Ignorant and this is out of the teams control but I don't see how)

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
The more I think about it the more it irks me.

This team talks the old "We're so appreciative of our fans montra"

But when it's time to walk the walk. They do this to try and save a buck.
(I may be Ignorant and this is out of the teams control but I don't see how)

I chalk it up more to lack of due diligence and nobody monitoring. Between the Oilers org and ticketmaster for some reason nobody is reporting that the limited seats available in select corners are nearly gone. While many others remain for potential sale.
What will occur is that the whole other side of 200's will be put on sale at once as soon as one of the bigwigs notice. Or bother to notice.

For this elite service btw ticketmaster is charging 7bucks. The tickets actually only cost 23 bucks and the rest service charge if you can believe that.

What nature of service is this?

Is there any way to bypass ticketmaster? I wonder if I can get tickets direct from U of A. I'll check into that. Just for curiosity.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
I chalk it up more to lack of due diligence and nobody monitoring. Between the Oilers org and ticketmaster for some reason nobody is reporting that the limited seats available in select corners are nearly gone. While many others remain for potential sale.
What will occur is that the whole other side of 200's will be put on sale at once as soon as one of the bigwigs notice. Or bother to notice.

For this elite service btw ticketmaster is charging 7bucks. The tickets actually only cost 23 bucks and the rest service charge if you can believe that.

Is there any way to bypass ticketmaster? I wonder if I can get tickets direct from U of A. I'll check into that. Just for curiosity.

Going off memory that 7 bucks is a fee fee (Can't recall what it calls it). I believe once you go to pay for your tickets you get the ticketmaster fee. I think it was 5 bucks or something for the two tickets I purchased.

UofA site was just leading me to the ticketmaster site.

I was impressed when they opened the game up at Rexal considering the Oilers don't have much to gain from it from a financial stand point. I guess they didn't have to do that so I'll take the positive from that. It's just that right when they go and do something awesome they go and totally un-redeem themselves!

I blame Lowe haha. I actually think this is his department now.:naughty:

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton

Time to call in Pearl Jam! They subverted ticket master.

I wanna see more of an Even Flow of tickets:

:D

Just to put a couple of bits in. I've been dealing with the ****** service that Ticketmaster provides, mainly as a concert goer, for a really long time now. But I had no idea that they held off on seats in sections to this extent for certain things.

I'd imagine that this cat and mouse game they like to play will backfire insofar as the typical fan not knowing that this BS goes on.

I blame both ticketmaster and Northlands for this. It really bugs me.

But thanks much for the info Replacement.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Time to call in Pearl Jam! They subverted ticket master.

I wanna see more of an Even Flow of tickets:

:D

Just to put a couple of bits in. I've been dealing with the ****** service that Ticketmaster provides, mainly as a concert goer, for a really long time now. But I had no idea that they held off on seats in sections to this extent for certain things.

I'd imagine that this cat and mouse game they like to play will backfire insofar as the typical fan not knowing that this BS goes on.

I blame both ticketmaster and Northlands for this. It really bugs me.

But thanks much for the info Replacement.

You're welcome. btw I applauded Pearl Jams approach. Ticketmaster sucks, always has. There should be more direct ticketing alternatives. Not much of a service and they charge a fair amount for next to nothing. Used to be you could go to box office and evade ticketmaster fees. Still possible for some things. U of A just directs to ticketmaster online. I wonder if tickets for this game can be bought at U of A ticket outlet.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
update

lol, ticketmaster/oilers really playing with people. They just released 2 sections, 210, 228 today. Several sections in 200's and all of 300's remain not up for sale.

I'll keep waiting for better seats to come out.

Just ridiculous that they are releasing seats sections at a time. This is ****** customer service.

McDreamy

Losing credibility
Feb 25, 2009
update

lol, ticketmaster/oilers really playing with people. They just released 2 sections, 210, 228 today. Several sections in 200's and all of 300's remain not up for sale.

I'll keep waiting for better seats to come out.

Just ridiculous that they are releasing seats sections at a time. This is ****** customer service.

I'm waiting too, I suspected they had been holding out tickets. How do I get updated on new ticket releases?

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I'm waiting too, I suspected they had been holding out tickets. How do I get updated on new ticket releases?

Ticketmaster doesn't provide this service afairc. I'm providing it in the thread. ;)

Some people owes me a drink (Rum n coke) when they end up with a better seat for the game. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad