Confirmed with Link: Oilers Rookies vs Golden Bears at Rexall Sept 16

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Glad that they'll still be doing the game. Not sure how I feel about it being moved to Rexall. It was fun seeing the Oilers rookie walk into the Golden Bears house and try to win there. I understand the need for the largest venue though with the McDavid effect and all. And the $30 price point seems a bit high for what in my mind is something that should be geared towards University Students on a budget who otherwise couldn't normally go to games during the year.

But still, should be a good game. The Golden Bears always provide a great test for the collection of Rookies. I believe the record is almost dead even against each other. Will be great seeing how McDavid fairs against the CIS guys.

Link for anyone interested:
http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=777516&navid=DL|EDM|home
Tickets on sale Friday 10AM Mt

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Great news and overjoyed this will be taking place at Rexall. Gives Edmontonians the dual chance to acknowledge the National Champ Golden Bears accomplishments and see McDavid here in action for the first time. I mean several thousand showed up just to watch McDavid in prospects scrimmages.

Wouldn't surprise me if theres 10K for this one.

i'll be going.

30 bucks is about right considering Golden Bears regular season ticket prices are also higher in recent years.

This is always a high demand game. I think even last year it was over 25bucks.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Great news and overjoyed this will be taking place at Rexall. Gives Edmontonians the dual chance to acknowledge the National Champ Golden Bears accomplishments and see McDavid here in action for the first time. I mean several thousand showed up just to watch McDavid in prospects scrimmages.

Wouldn't surprise me if theres 10K for this one.

i'll be going.

30 bucks is about right considering Golden Bears regular season ticket prices are also higher in recent years.

This is always a high demand game. I think even last year it was over 25bucks.
Season tickets aren't even close to that expensive, but the event has been $30 for the last few years at the Drake. Probably a good idea to have it at Rexall considering the Drake is usually really packed for the game.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Do the proceeds go to the UofA or the Oilers?

Im pretty sure the Oilers, and I think even when they were doing it at the Drake it still went to the Oilers (I could be wrong), but I just assumed that considering the price is like double the price for Golden Bear season games.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Im pretty sure the Oilers, and I think even when they were doing it at the Drake it still went to the Oilers (I could be wrong), but I just assumed that considering the price is like double the price for Golden Bear season games.

It would be nice if the proceeds actually went to the UofA. That would be a good gesture by the Oilers imo considering they are conducting cancer research there (correct me if I'm wrong)

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Season tickets aren't even close to that expensive, but the event has been $30 for the last few years at the Drake. Probably a good idea to have it at Rexall considering the Drake is usually really packed for the game.

Thanks, I thought that this was about the same price as last year. So pretty reasonable considering this game has McDavid.

I pay 16bucks for regular season Bears tickets.

Yeah this is great that its going to be at Rexall. Now that I've thought about it a sellout wouldn't be all that surprising.

Are all the tickets GA?

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Great, the less well off now can't even afford meaningless ex games vs the local U team. :shakehead

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Great, the less well off now can't even afford meaningless ex games vs the local U team. :shakehead

Its the same price as last year and the year before that so nothing has changed.

@Replacement, I'm not sure, I would assume its all GA and likely just lower bowl unless they sell enough to starting filling the upper bowl. I liked the setup at the Drake, but it should be a lot more comfortable at rexall with actual seats rather than cramming everyone onto the benches at U of A.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Planned to go, but I have class from 6-9 Wednesdays :cry:

And classless the rest of the week ;)

If I knew when this was going to happen, I probably wouldn't have gotten Norm MacDonald tickets.

Does anyone know when prospects camp starts? The Youngstars tourney stars on Sept 11th, but I'm assuming they'll have a practice or two first.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Guys is the game on the oilers website??

I believe it was last year even though I wasnt able to watch it.

Hopefully they stream it again this year as the interest should be much higher.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
And the $30 price point seems a bit high for what in my mind is something that should be geared towards University Students on a budget who otherwise couldn't normally go to games during the year.
It was $30 at Drake arena too.. Now the university students can go watch a good game at Rexall place instead of a crammy cold arena. Uni students otherwise would never see the inside of Rexall unless they were selling 50/50 tickets...

/spinning the other way

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad