Recalled/Assigned: Oilers Recall Gazdic

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Did you even read my post? It's clear I don't want Gazdic to play at all. Are you even responding to the right post, because your post is utterly confusing.

I said I'd be pissed if Pakarinen sits over Gazdic. Not sure how much clearer I can get. I didn't say it was happening. I said IF he plays over Pak.

I said Gazdic would sit as the 13th forward and Pakarinen would be sent to OKC.

You responded as if that's Gazdic playing over Pakarinen when it's actually the opposite.

I think we more or less agree on this, but we're just misunderstanding each other.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I said Gazdic would sit as the 13th forward and Pakarinen would be sent to OKC.

You responded as if that's Gazdic playing over Pakarinen when it's actually the opposite.

I think we more or less agree on this, but we're just misunderstanding each other.

Yeah, there was some confusion there. I certainly didn't mean to come across as confrontational towards you at all in that post. I think we see things the same way in this situation.

Feb 9, 2013
Uh, in ability to play hockey obviously.

Oh yeah, Kassian looked real intimidated when he skated away from Gazdic.

Considering he gets slaughtered in terms of results the few minutes he's on the ice, this premise is dubious indeed.

That a plug like this is even in the discussion for a spot show how bad things are here in Oiler nation.

OK, what role does he play that has any tangible benefit to the team?

What else are they gonna say? "Oh yeah Luke, he sucks, man what a plugger.":laugh:

The notion that a guy who is lucky to play fiver minutes and does basically FA when he's on the ice has some magic power to make others play better is so ridiculous, so beyond the pale, I can't believe any one would seriously entertain it.

If that's the case, why are you bothering to suggest Gazdic's presence would have some measurable effect on the team? If, as you claim, his mere presence on the bench is enough to cause others to elevate their games, that's easy enough to prove with charts and graphs.

We will just have to agree to disagree... and hold different opinions. Because that is all we are sharing here. As I said, I will take the word of the players over yours, or anyone elses on these boards. I figure if they disliked him, they would have made no mention at all.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Gazdic isn't a plug. I remember last year. MacIntyre was the plug. Gazdic is a goon but he is a modern day type of goon. He can skate and move the puck.

I don't think we should be using last season's numbers to condemn this player. We had virtually no depth. The team's general lousy play brought out the worst in everyone. The only reason that people have changed their tune on traditional whipping boys like Arcobello is that on a better team he is looking better. Gazdic hasn't had the chance to show what he can do on this roster.

I'm not saying we should give him a spot. I'm saying that he should be here for practices and coaching can see how he looks. If he's good enough, he instantly becomes our most physical winger, useful for certain opponents.

Gambl0r83*

And the Oilers willingly recall the worst player in the league.

The worst eh. LoL. Guy scored 2 goals in 5 games and got into a fight. He's one of the hottest OKC guys right now. Do your homework

Last edited by a moderator:

davidsitar

Apr 12, 2011
The worst eh. LoL. Guy scored 2 goals in 5 games and got into a fight. He's one of the hottest OKC guys right now. Do your homework

2 goals in 5 games and a fight is not bad. Does anyone know how he did in the fight?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad