Recalled/Assigned: Oilers Recall Gazdic

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
#Oilers recall @lukegazdic from @OKCBarons. Gazdic scored two goals and had seven PIM in five games during his conditioning assignment.
-https://twitter.com/EdmontonOilers/status/532257731923959808

Who goes down now?

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011
No-one?

Gazdic, being down for conditioning was still holding a roster spot on the Oilers. No other player movement required.

Gazdic's roster spot was the reason the Marincin paper transaction was required to get Pakarinin up before Acton cleared waivers.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
#Oilers recall @lukegazdic from @OKCBarons. Gazdic scored two goals and had seven PIM in five games during his conditioning assignment.
-https://twitter.com/EdmontonOilers/status/532257731923959808

Who goes down now?

Whoever Gazdic punches. :fight:

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I'm fine with this as long as he never touches the ice with his skates.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Well I think he was already counting towards the roster limit, so do they actually have to send anyone down to make room for the face puncher?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
So...someone who can actually play will give up his spot for Gazdic.

Just a matter of time I guess. :shakehead

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
He was on a conditioning stint was he not? No one has to to down, he's been on the active roster since being healthy. That being said, I don't see a situation where I ever want him in the lineup. The 4th line gets way to many defensive assignments. He would absolutely drag that line down. They would become a pure liability.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
tumblr_mltm2fN8DO1qaw9gto2_250.gif

I don't mind the guy, but who does he replace? The bottom line is actually a bottom line. Iro the Hero is a way better 13th forward option.

Have we really had issues with having to fight guys the past games?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
And the Oilers willingly recall the worst player in the league.

They had to. He was put on a conditioning stint two weeks ago and the only way to keep him there is to send him through waivers. He's been on the active roster since the end of October anyway.

Just as long as he doesn't suit up.... I honestly wouldn't be surprised if at some point he does end up on waivers. Likely after giving him a game or two unfortunately.

It sucks for Gazdic, but this team just doesn't have room for that type of player. The 4th line gets far too many important defensive minutes and the middle two lines are given offensive assignments. He'll be more of a detriment than usual I think.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
That honor belongs to John Scott. Gazdic can at least skate.

3Ew7dGb.gif

This guy? :sarcasm:

There's a role for these kinds of guys. And I've always thought Gazdic has a bit more to offer than just being a facepuncher. But on the current setup of the team, there's no room.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I have no problem with him as the 13th forward.

He seems like a great teammate.

I have a problem with it to be honest. The 13th forward is going to have to step in and play at times. Gazdic can't do that. And so far through 15 games not once have I thought to myself "boy I wish he had a super heavyweight out there to calm things down."

The only rough game the Oilers have even played this year was the one in which RNH fought Hamhuis. But that was instigated by RNH. It's not like Gazdic would have done anything that night.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I have a problem with it to be honest. The 13th forward is going to have to step in and play at times. Gazdic can't do that. And so far through 15 games not once have I thought to myself "boy I wish he had a super heavyweight out there to calm things down."

The only rough game the Oilers have even played this year was the one in which RNH fought Hamhuis. But that was instigated by RNH. It's not like Gazdic would have done anything that night.

Eakins has Aulie in there for "grit" right now. I'd personally prefer seeing Gazdic take the odd shift and have Marincin/Klefbom in Aulie's spot if that's what they're looking for.

They've got plenty of wingers that can take a double shift with the Wagons, so it's not like you have to play Gazdic for 10+ minutes.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
I'd take Luke Gazdic over Jesse Joensuu any day of the week.

Best of luck to him. Great guy on and off the ice. Hoping to see him lay out some big hits and get into some bouts. Say what you want about about him; he has shown that he can play the game. Not sure what more you could ask for in a fourth liner.

RebuildTheRebuild

Apr 27, 2013
I'd take Luke Gazdic over Jesse Joensuu any day of the week.

Best of luck to him. Great guy on and off the ice. Hoping to see him lay out some big hits and get into some bouts. Say what you want about about him; he has shown that he can play the game. Not sure what more you could ask for in a fourth liner.

Jesse Joensuu this season has shown that he can play the game way better than Gazdic can. I love Gazdic and is a great team guy but I just don't think he does much else other than fight and hit. He's a 4th line guy but our fourth line takes a lot of important defensive assignments which Gazdic won't be able to handle. Our 4th line has been really good. We shouldn't break it up. He would be best as the 13th forward for now until injuries happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad