Recalled/Assigned: Oilers recall Anton Lander and assign Brandon Davidson [UPD:Lander sent back]

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I would love nothing more than for Lander to actually stick this time. If he could just turn out to be an alright 3C that would be amazing. If he can produce offense in AHL he really should be able to do it at an NHL level as well. Especially now with Nelson as coach. I hope this will work.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Awesome...the Oilers continue to shift mounds of manure around the farm. Losses will continue to pile.

Lander at 23 is a PPG AHL player that can be relied upon in any situation and is their Captain.

But sure, manure.

Centre

6'0, 185, 26GP, 8g 19a 27pts +5, 23.

Centre

5'10, 180, 19GP, 3G 10a 13 pts, -7, 22.

The top player is Lander.

The bottom player is a guy that's been described by his org's fan base as 'our best forward prospect' 'a lock as 2C at the NHL level' etc.

We expect too much too fast of our prospects.

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
Lander at 23 is a PPG AHL player that can be relied upon in any situation and is their Captain.

But sure, manure.

Centre

6'0, 185, 26GP, 8g 19a 27pts +5, 23.

Centre

5'10, 180, 19GP, 3G 10a 13 pts, -7, 22.

The top player is Lander.

The bottom player is a guy that's been described by his org's fan base as 'our best forward prospect' 'a lock as 2C at the NHL level' etc.

We expect too much too fast of our prospects.
I don't know who the bottom guy is but these are the stats that concern me:

Centre
6'0, 185, 94GP, 2g 6a 8pts -22, 23

I don't think we are expecting too much, too fast. He was drafted almost 6 years ago. He doesn't need to come in and score 20 goals but he hasn't shown he can play at the NHL level. There are tons of guys who light up the AHL or European league and cant crack an NHL roster. We are the last place team with the worst centre depth in the league. Its time to show us something at this level.

The Detroit model only works if the player actually takes the next step when given the chance. Tatar was taken in the same draft as Lander, and Nyquist just the year before. I hope Lander gets an extended look and makes the best of it. We reallyyyy need a 2nd round pick to turn into something useful.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
So Lander has himself probably his best game as a pro, takes 25% of the Oilers shots tonight, hits, wins faceoffs, and generally plays very well... Sent down with his gear still wet.

Seriously.

He's already been sent down.

McDeathbyCheerios*

So Lander has himself probably his best game as a pro, takes 25% of the Oilers shots tonight, hits, wins faceoffs, and generally plays very well... Sent down with his gear still wet.

Seriously.

The tank is real

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I guess he's done. MacT is pissed, and Lander is one that must take the fall for the crap team that the OBC has built.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You all know what's going to happen. He's not going to get signed, he'll get scooped up by the Wings or Flyers or some other Eastern team, and go on to have a long productive career.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
im guessing they called him up just to scratch Draisaitl for a game.

Maybe they thought they would see how he did compared to Arco (who scored 2 goals).

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
WTF is this ****? He had his best game as a pro and they sent him down? **** right off. Unbelievable. :shakehead
It seems like it was Arco vs. Lander and because Arco had his first good game in a month, I guess that was reason enough to send Lander down.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Seriously.

Pakarinen and Lander love to shoot. They should both be up

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Pakarinen and Lander love to shoot. They should both be up

Pakarinen should absolutely be up here. The team is crying for a howitzer on the back end, so bring up Pakarinen and put him on the point on the PP. Boom, you got a wicked option for the shot from the blueline on the powerplay. Plus, we wouldn't have to be graced with Brand effin' Hunt on this team solely for his slapshot.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
You all know what's going to happen. He's not going to get signed, he'll get scooped up by the Wings or Flyers or some other Eastern team, and go on to have a long productive career.

this is exactly what is going to happen.... while we continue to try putting 18 year old players in positions they have no right being in

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
So hard to cheer for this team...

Oh wait, I'm already cheering for losses so management gets the boot.

Epoh

Nov 22, 2014
Why Lander wasn't our 2C/3C in competition with Arcobello instead of rushing Drai is simply beyond me, I mean we've been breeding the guy in the minors for so long that surely his performance this year in the AHL and what he showed tonight were enough to grant him a spot with the team.

Disgusting how we call him up for 1 game only to send him down, that's a slap in the face to him.

Epoh

Nov 22, 2014
So hard to cheer for this team...

Oh wait, I'm already cheering for losses so management gets the boot.

Same here, but I love how people think this is a sure thing... The McDavid sweepstakes may save them in the end if they're able to buy enough time with a few trades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad