Recalled/Assigned: Oilers recall Anton Lander and assign Brandon Davidson [UPD:Lander sent back]

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
It's now or never for Lander. I have confidence that Todd will put him in the proper situation to succeed.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Draisaitl probably goes back after Xmas then.

Probably Lander's last kick at the can. He's be excellent in OKC, good luck to him.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Hopefully Lander can finally push his game to the next level, and make the transition. It would be nice to have him as a future piece of the "Wagon Line"

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
It's the first time under the new-old coach... I would agree that it is probably his last season (not sure though), but I don't think that this is a now or never moment for Lander.

This was much sooner than I thought. Nelson ( I guess ) must see a clear role in which he thinks Lander should work.

There is no better time than now though, go for it Lando!!

Oilwings

Jan 23, 2006
604 Area
Please please please can an Oilers prospect turn out for once.

I've written of Lander before and I hope I'm wrong. I posted this on 'Roughingafterthewhistle'. Our centre depth is pretty much bare at this point. So no hurt in trying by giving him one last chance. He's done very well in OKC for Nelson.

Oilers93

Apr 27, 2012
Edmonton
Should have done this months ago and sent Draisaitl back to PA, if I wanted an unproductive second line centre I would have been content with Lander instead of ruining a promising prospect.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
Lander is still a kid, he's only 23 until after the season. It's his last kick at the can if he wants to pack up and head home (which is his call, wouldn't judge him on it), but he's been steadily improving in OKC from what I see of the stats and what I hear from the two guys on the boards that watch OKC games regularly. Lots of players have turned into NHLers later than 23, so I think we should keep giving him chances as long as he's playing well on the farm, until he decides to go elsewhere. Not like there's a lot of people passing him by...

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Please let this mean Draisaitl is moved away from the disaster for a while.

gurru991

Dec 14, 2014
Edmonton
Anton Lander is very responsible defensively but hasn't found any offence in the bigs. He can definitely help this team with his D & maybe with good coaching score a few

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Please let this mean Draisaitl is moved away from the disaster for a while.

If that's the case, I hope PA does the same as they did with Morrissey and trade Leon to a contender. Because PA is a bit of a cluster as well, just easier competition for Leon at least.

McSomnii

why u no change oil
Nov 3, 2012
Little Houston, AB
People keep mentioning Draisatl, but depending on how Lander performs in Edmonton, I'm hoping that this spells the end of the Arcobello experiment.

Sure, the young german has had his struggles (to put it lightly), but at least he's been showing flashes here and there, something that I can't recall seeing at all from Arcobello this season.

I'd like to see what Nelson can get out of Draisatl first, before I feel comfortable sending him down to play against lesser competition. As for Arco, I think we've seen all we're ever going to out of him, and frankly, it isn't good enough even for this team, which is pretty damning.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
Lander is still a kid, he's only 23 until after the season. It's his last kick at the can if he wants to pack up and head home (which is his call, wouldn't judge him on it), but he's been steadily improving in OKC from what I see of the stats and what I hear from the two guys on the boards that watch OKC games regularly. Lots of players have turned into NHLers later than 23, so I think we should keep giving him chances as long as he's playing well on the farm, until he decides to go elsewhere. Not like there's a lot of people passing him by...

This^^^ Why are people so quick to write off a guy who's only 23 years old. I'm pretty sure he hasn't peaked yet.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
People keep mentioning Draisatl, but depending on how Lander performs in Edmonton, I'm hoping that this spells the end of the Arcobello experiment.

Sure, the young german has had his struggles (to put it lightly), but at least he's been showing flashes here and there, something that I can't recall seeing at all from Arcobello this season.

I'd like to see what Nelson can get out of Draisatl first, before I feel comfortable sending him down to play against lesser competition. As for Arco, I think we've seen all we're ever going to out of him, and frankly, it isn't good enough even for this team, which is pretty damning.

Another AHL star who can't do much against bigger, faster and stronger NHL players. As a replacement for Gagner he's doing fine. As a 2nd or 3rd line NHL centre--not so much.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007

He has indeed been improving and players like him take a while to establish themselves in either case. Samuel Pahlsson, who we all hope, Lander can become one day, did not play his full NHL season until the age of 23-24 and scored a meagre 9 points that year with a -14 rating. So yes, Lander can still carve a career in the NHL. It's all in his hands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad