Post-Game Talk: Oilers @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zats Muccarello

Grinder
Dec 30, 2010
NYC
1) Youth. Yes, youth. It injects energy, creates camaraderie, forces the vets to take on a larger responsibility in picking slack and mentoring them and leading by example.
2) Ryan McDonagh looked good again, tonight. He looks good any time he is off of Girardi.
3) Marc Staal looked much improved tonight. Wow he looks night and day with a mobile and defensively responsible partner. And while I'm not in favor of moving McDonagh to the right side permanently, seeing him play the way he did tonight gave me hope moving forward.
4) Brady Skjei, if he continues to play this way, deserves to stay. Losing Staal will not hurt if he can play this way. The defense was good tonight, as a whole, and will only improve as Staal, Boyle, and Girardi begin to get phased out.
5) Dylan McIlrath. Man, he's fun to watch. G and Boyle should alternate games moving forward once Klein returns. Dylan needs to remain.
6) Stalberg-Moore-Fast. That needs to be your 4th line. Man, they were great on the forecheck at the end there.
7) Hayes had Gaudreau on his line at BC when he turned his entire hockey career around. He had Hagelin last year when he broke onto the scene. Gaudrea and Hagelin are two pesky, quick, puck possessors who attract defenders along the boards and open ice for Hayes. He desperately needs this type of player to be successful. He has no open room, and therefore he looks lost. He just needs help on his line.
8) Kreider looks more engaged lately. And I believe once Stepan returns this uptick in energy and determination will lead to more production on the stats sheet. Now we just need another top 6 forward.

- Find a 3rd line pesky, fast, puck possessor who is great on the forecheck.
- Find top 6 help.

Nash-Brassard-Zucc
Kreider-Stepan-Top 6 Acquisition
Top 9 Puck Possessor-Hayes-Miller
Stalberg-Moore-Fast

McDonagh-Klein
Yandle-McIlrath
Skjei-Girardi
Boyle

No Lindberg?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Boyle is a better option than Stepan for the pp.

Stepan and Hayes both have the same issues on the powerplay: they both hold onto it for too long, which allows the PK to set up their formation. The only bright side with Hayes is that he'll actually shoot the puck from the point.

Boyle also sets himself up in the slot, which Stepan avoids doing like it's the plague.

RangersOwnNewYork*

Oilers suck ass, but the Rangers did look good tonight.

In light of the current team construction and the way the rookies played, I think the Rangers should sink this year to keep the window with Lundqvist.

Note: I did NOT say tank

A lot of weight needs to be off loaded to keep the team fresh, and playing a double down bet this year is a bad idea. Wait to really push it in 2017 and 2018.

I mean 1st or 2nd round exit to off dead weight and sign Stamkos while having a few fresh ELCs?

Sign Reggie up!

The Oilers do not suck ass. They just won 6 in a row and are without Mcdavid, Yakapov, and Pouliot. They have a lot of talent and seem to be turning things around. Accumulating all those top daft picks over the last few years is going to make them dangerous moving forward.

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
McI has quite the canon on him!

Skjkejejkejkei played well, but I am too annoyed that the spelling of his name in no way matches the pronunciation!!

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Well that was alright.

qEj4xHG.gif

Now you got me with George Harrison and the Traveling Wilburys in my mind...

(end of the line)

well it's alright....

thank you;)

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

Stepan and Klein back in full contact jerseys. That's pretty good. Skjei still being there probably means Klein won't be back tomorrow, but Friday, potentially.

Also, G isn't on the ice.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Sorry, guys.

Libel: Any posts libeling players, prospects, or hockey personnel. It's not acceptable to post that you heard Player X has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014

Stepan and Klein back in full contact jerseys. That's pretty good. Skjei still being there probably means Klein won't be back tomorrow, but Friday, potentially.

Also, G isn't on the ice.

Fantastic news that they're both nearing their returns.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Putting Zooks at the point and putting Boyle inside the slot has really helped the team. I wonder if Zooks asked AV to put him at the point. He really moves the puck well from the point and more than that he moves up and down the side boards instead of just staying at the point.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

Damn, Girardi must have seriously ****ed up his knee on the West Canada road trip. :/

So we'll get to see Skjei at least tomorrow. Boyle potentially sitting on the back-to-back, giving another game to Skjei? We'll see how our forward group is once Step comes back. We'll see who of Glass/Etem sit.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It will be great to have both Klein & Stepan back for sure! :nod:
I enjoy the match vs Oilers, good game!
LGR! :handclap:

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
I feel lucky that I get to watch Keith Yandle every night. Great possession player, his style is just art on ice, and plays with so much passion. Please sign this man.

I, too, feel this way. We haven't had an offensive defenseman as talented as him since... I don't wanna say Leetch, but it may even be Leetch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad