News Article: Oilers part ways with VP of Player Personnel Duane Sutter

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Why didn't chiarelli make these kinds of moves when he was hired initially

Ask Daryl Katz. Chia made a lot of lower tier moves but of course all of the OBC remained.
In any event it really doesnt matter....this is Hollands team now.

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015
This thread became unbearable to read.

Good news about Sutter though and the other guy. Red wings fans talked about how Holland likes to control the media’s messaging. Sounds like a move he would make.

Reactions: EagerPug

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Quite possibly because no one knew who was really in charge.

Which is exactly why the change in Lowes title was meaningless.
The history is there...the trio of Katz, MacT and Lowe have previously overrode the GM's decision when it came to acquiring players.
So in essence there was a lack of clarity in terms of where the buck stopped when it came to hockey decisions.
Did that stop with Chia...I doubt it.

The only thing we can hang our hats on now is that it has stopped with Holland.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Which is exactly why the change in Lowes title was meaningless.
The history is there...the trio of Katz, MacT and Lowe have previously overrode the GM's decision when it came to acquiring players.
So in essence there was a lack of clarity in terms of where the buck stopped when it came to hockey decisions.
Did that stop with Chia...I doubt it.

The only thing we can hang our hats on now is that it has stopped with Holland.

To be sure, titles are often meaningless, it all comes down to who has the boss's ear and it isn't clear to me who has had his ear because there were so many different bodies jockeying for position. A real mess and a power struggle which achieved very little in terms of success.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
To be sure, titles are often meaningless, it all comes down to who has the boss's ear and it isn't clear to me who has had his ear because there were so many different bodies jockeying for position. A real mess.

That depends on the organization. The way it works in most healthy organizations is that your increased experience, knowledge and refined expertise allows you to advance and acquire different titles along the way.
As that process takes place you have more influence on ownership.

The Oilers started out in a dysfunctional manner because of Katz and his infatuation about rubbing shoulders with glory days Oilers and winning a Stanley Cup with his new toy.
It was doomed from the start primarily because he didnt run it like a business. He ran it like a social club.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
That depends on the organization. The way it works in most healthy organizations is that your increased experience, knowledge and refined expertise allows you to advance and acquire different titles along the way.
As that process takes place you have more influence on ownership.

The Oilers started out in a dysfunctional manner because of Katz and his infatuation about rubbing shoulders with glory days Oilers and winning a Stanley Cup with his new toy.
It was doomed from the start primarily because he didnt run it like a business. He ran it like a social club.

True but I wouldn't use the word healthy to describe this organization.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Duane Sutter you have failed this city.

e500c3842250aa41cf2e5fae4e49d5f6.png

Can anyone photoshop hollands face on this?

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
That would be a dream. And even better if they were to show Stauffer the door along with him.
Baghdad bob is probably safe, unless he lets his true feelings sneak into the oiler now broadcasts like have slipped out during game broadcasts on more than one occasion. He's far more truthful in his color vs his oilers now gig.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Just made the trip back from Vancouver/Victoria where I was for the weekend. Wasn't expecting much when I got home but.... This, I'll take this.

LETS f***ING GOOOOOOOOOOO. KENNY HOLLAND IS FOR REAL BABY WOOOO.

Howson and Green are next, get er done Kenny. Get er done. Oh and I wouldn't mind if Lowe was shown the door either but I don't think that's gonna happen.

Reactions: Aerrol

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Are they? Seemed to be lots of empty seats late last season.
You know he has nothing to do with the hockey team right?

Or are you still in your yelling at clouds phase? Wanting them to fire all the scouts before the draft still.. or did you realize there’s things called contracts yet?

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I doubt Holland canned a guy without having a replacement in mind. Any chance Sean Burke signs on as AGM to replace him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad