News Article: Oilers part ways with VP of Player Personnel Duane Sutter

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
How is that astronomical in costs? Lol.

Pay fifteen guys 200k and if each one catches 82 games that's every game and you're only paying half of lucics salary. Double it for travel room and board at worst.
15 proscouts in the NHL? Find me another team with that many pro scouts. I think it's quite clear you have zero idea how pro scouting works.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
We ought to. In my mind scouting the whole League and fabricating ea sports style ratings on the entire league from a statistical and an eye test consideration from a large enough sample would be a huge advantage both in terms of player and asset management but also in terms of game prep.

We ought to have a scout at each NHL game. No salary cap on scouting, and you bet your ass you'd be able to find scouts willing to watch 82 games and do a write-up on each player. At a high level it doesn't need to be that accurate, you can hone in on things and have your trusted guys making the big bucks confirm things you're interested in. ****, I bet this forum alone has hundreds of guys who'd jump to do a job like that for 50 to 60k a year. I'm sure you could find guys in any major Junior rink with experience and success scouting at that level to do a game a day for double that.

I think not scouting everyone you can is unnecessarily hampering yourself. Shouldn't have any reason not to have a guy at every game.
50-60k a year to be travelling all year and sitting in rinks watching hockey? Not a chance I would jump at that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad