Post-Game Talk: Oilers outplayed, only McDavid and Hyman show up

Would you dress Holloway for a game?

• Total voters

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
So, so dissapointed in Nurse and Drai. Two guys supposed to be our leaders.

Honestly, they both have a really, REALLY, long leash from my right now. They are both fairly badly injured and likely shouldn't be playing at all. Drai for sure shouldn't be, and Nurse likely wouldn't in the regular season right now either. They are far from the problems tonight.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Just have to be ready to play in game 2. It's frustrating that it seems like this team can't lock into playing the way they're supposed to - they have to "learn a lesson" after getting punched in the mouth and then that lasts for a game or two and then they have to relearn that same lesson again - kinda like a dog that misbehaves, gets scolded by it's owner, and then goes right back to the same misbehavior within minutes.

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
I’m just saying, the game nurse didn’t play our defence was solid
And in game 7 against the Kings it was even better and Nurse had a great game. So maybe don't conveniently ignore the fact that he can play well when he wants to.

His inconsistency right now is maddening. If he's injured then he should sit.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
And of course Sutter puts out the clown show to end it. Need to remember that and motivate us. Burn the game tape and get prepared for game 2. A lot of guys need to reach down and find their balls.
Kassian had zero f***ing hits in a BoA game.
Our supposed #1 defender had zero hits and a single shot.

The only players on our team that brought any physicality was Kane, McDavid and Archibald. Everyone else were cowards.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Let’s not kid ourselves here, both of these teams had the advantage of playing against the easiest opponents in the first round. Neither team is going anywhere after this series and will be blown up by Colorado.

100% agreed. I think even St Louis (who was not good last night) takes either team out in 5 or 6.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Honestly, they both have a really, REALLY, long leash from my right now. They are both fairly badly injured and likely shouldn't be playing at all. Drai for sure shouldn't be, and Nurse likely wouldn't in the regular season right now either. They are far from the problems tonight.
Nurse has been like this all f***ing season.

Reactions: yakcity1064

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
And this team still hasn't adjusted to teams with aggressive PKs. The Flames abused our PP tonight.

Maybe move the puck faster or something?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Just have to be ready to play in game 2. It's frustrating that it seems like this team can't lock into playing the way they're supposed to - they have to "learn a lesson" after getting punched in the mouth and then that lasts for a game or two and then they have to relearn that same lesson again - kinda like a dog that misbehaves, gets scolded by it's owner, and then goes right back to the same misbehavior within minutes.
They only showed up to start what, 2 of 7 last series?

Reactions: McOilers97

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
And in game 7 against the Kings it was even better and Nurse had a great game. So maybe don't conveniently ignore the fact that he can play well when he wants to.

His inconsistency right now is maddening.

You’re a fairly often poster here. I value your thoughts and discussion. Where do you have Nurse right now on our D ranking. You’d say Kulak and Ceci are above him?

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
f*** I said at the end of the second period edmonton has the momentum it's there game to win now. They come out tie the f***ing game only to have Koskinen let in that garbage goal for flames to take the lead and that was game. Edmonton was dead right f***ing then and there. To come back down from 4 goals fml

Reactions: KingKhron

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad