Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Koskinen cannot dress again.

I don't know what it will take these brainlets to understand he's not an NHL goalie, but is that clear enough? If Skinner is not at least the backup in Game 2, I'm out for the rest of the series because it will be clear Holland and Woody are not interested in dressing the best players at the most important time of year.
Clearly that was Koskinen's fault. :rolleyes:

Reactions: harpoon

Mack a doodle doo

Apr 16, 2016
The entire team except for McDavid played like ass tonight, no one except McDavid deserve the win. Having said that the First muffin that beat Smith was a real deflator and set a tone for the rest of the game.

Please Woodcroft do the bold thing, start Skinner.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Nothing good to take out of this. Bad goaltending, bad defense. turnovers.. Thoroughly outclassed for a good portion of the game. Maybe only positive might we might be that we got into Markstrom's head a bit and that we can come back.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It was 6-6
No it wasn't. If any fan thought the game was turning around at that point, they haven't watched this team enough.

This team doesn't have the testicular fortitude to play firewagon hockey and win.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Barrie plays the game as if there are no consequences to his actions, and it makes sense because there usually isn’t any.

Wide open at around the face off dot, he tees up a clap bomb top cheese instead of shooting it off the pad for a deflection or even getting it on net… What do you know, misses the net entirely and rims all the way around for a zone exit and zone entry without a Flames player barely touching it and that leads to the Tkachuk goal.

Am I wrong in saying the only stable defensemen we have on this team is Ceci?

Anyways you’re not in trouble until you lose at home. Split the series and come back to Edmonton. On a sidenote, I thought McDavid could only score when he plays the Kings?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Awesome atmosphere live. Some very entertaining moments, we were badly outplayed and goaltending was horrendous yet they still managed to claw back from 6-2 to make it 6-6

The PP was bad.

The Flames are a beatable team, need to regroup and play way more physical in game 2.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Lots of adjustments needed. Especially on PP. Soooo many weak performances I don’t have time to discuss them. Any Flames team getting goaltending like that’s vulnerable so hopefully the Oilers tighten up. Man, One-legged Draisaitl is a problem.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
67914242.jpg

On to the next game, start on time and they can take the split.

Flames are almost as bad as this team. It's anyone's series

The problem is Flames can seemingly get on the Oilers nerves…and it legit gets them worked up.

No one on this team plays to aggravate.

Reactions: bellagiobob

enthropi

Nov 2, 2007
Beijing, China
Meh, whatever. Tkachuk hat trick and 9 GA and I somehow am not too bothered. All the flaws from Tippett time showed up today. Just get back to the game plan and make sure you get the final laugh of the series please.

Reactions: subnet

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
how can this team not deal with the aggressive forecheck style at this point? woodcroft better get a clue real quick or this series is over.

Reactions: Kerberos

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
Let’s not kid ourselves here, both of these teams had the advantage of playing against the easiest opponents in the first round. Neither team is going anywhere after this series and will be blown up by Colorado.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Took Calgary 5 games to score 9 goals against Dallas, scored 9 tonight.

Zach Kassian had zero f***ing hits tonight. The bottom 6 had a combined 6 hits, McDavid had 5.

Kassian did nothing and tries to go after Lucic. Gets immediately sat down. Kassian is a waste of f***ing space.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Barrie plays the game as if there are no consequences to his actions, and it makes sense because there usually isn’t any.

Wide open at around the face off dot, he tees up a clap bomb top cheese instead of shooting it off the pad for a deflection or even getting it on net… What do you know, misses the net entirely and rims all the way around for a zone exit and zone entry without a Flames player barely touching it and that leads to the Tkachuk goal.

Am I wrong in saying the only stable defensemen we have on this team is Ceci?

Anyways you’re not in trouble until you lose at home. Split the series and come back to Edmonton. On a sidenote, I thought McDavid could only score when he plays the Kings?
Ceci is the only one that plays like a reliable defender. The rest are alternately slow, lazy, make bad decisions, and/or past their prime.

Reactions: Macheteops

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5