Oilers mathematically eliminated for a NHL-tying record 10th straight year

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Thanks for the vote of support. I use welfare to pay my bills and sometimes I sell pencils from a cup.

Hey Liquor, remember this one: Hall + RNH or Sequin + Landeskog.

Not sure the jury is still out on that one.

crazy how bad it's worked out for the Oilers, the mismanagement and ongoing negligence in every facet, at every level of the organization plays a part in how things have ended up. But I also don't deny now I'd definitely rather have had Seguin + Landeskog.

Last edited:

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
If you're going to report a post for breaking the rules, don't then reply to it. You're only causing more work.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
went to my last game at rexall on sunday night and im not going to lie its kind of depressing that dump has been void of playoffs for 10 years. the concessions suck, the concourse is terrible the ice is bad and the view is dark but damn that place was epic for playoffs and its just not right that the oilers couldnt play at least 2 last games there in the playoffs. the new shiny arena with all its bells and whistles will never compare to the acoustics and feel of Rexall. the place is a dump but its the best playoff dump ever.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
went to my last game at rexall on sunday night and im not going to lie its kind of depressing that dump has been void of playoffs for 10 years. the concessions suck, the concourse is terrible the ice is bad and the view is dark but damn that place was epic for playoffs and its just not right that the oilers couldnt play at least 2 last games there in the playoffs. the new shiny arena with all its bells and whistles will never compare to the acoustics and feel of Rexall. the place is a dump but its the best playoff dump ever.

Nicely said, it's clearly in it's death throws, but could be a very special place when things were right.

I think I'll miss Rexall/Skyreach/Northlands, but it's also exciting to move to the new, beautiful building.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Davidson didn't get called up, he made the team out of camp.

Nurse started in the minors, not in our top 4

I stopped reading after that...

I didn't even get that far. Kudos to you for being able to read any of that disjointed post.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009

NHL playoffs, yes, but there have been some great runs for those of us who follow junior hockey. The run in 2014 was amazing with that WHL final against the Cheater Hawks and then the Mem Cup tourney. I'm excited just thinking about it.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Ha ha, just checked and only 3 Oilers will play 73 or more games this season.

...who woulda thunk Hall would have been one of those 3.

Ironically perpetual "band-aid" Hemsky has played more games than any Oiler this season other than Hall, Sekera and Letestu and more than any Oilers that has played the past two seasons combined with a few games in hand.

He also played 75 games the year before. I don't necessarily miss him, but perhaps questions of his durability weren't fair and the curse {poor ice} of Rexall Place is a real thing.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
Ironically perpetual "band-aid" Hemsky has played more games than any Oiler this season other than Hall, Sekera and Letestu and more than any Oilers that has played the past two seasons combined with a few games in hand.

He also played 75 games the year before. I don't necessarily miss him, but perhaps questions of his durability weren't fair and the curse {poor ice} of Rexall Place is a real thing.

Haha, thats kind of sad...

Well, I guess that could also have to do with the fact that he's not the sole offensive threat that opponents can key in on anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad