Post-Game Talk: Oilers Lose to Preds 2-0, Haven't Scored in Years

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Imo maclellsy needs to start playing like Brian eno or Enya in the dressing room. Soothing ocean sounds. Bake them cookies. Etc.

Just keep working and don't succumb to the dark side for like 20 games and we will see where we are at.

If they build steadily without falling apart they should at least be able to fix the powerplay and maintain their competitiveness.

Ps. Blow it up.

Dakine879

Apr 24, 2015
Edmonton
All I can say is the current administration cannot undo the screw ups of mac and klowe in two games. It is gonna take a while to expire / trade / buyout certain players

Can you imagine the result of the first two games if scrivens and nikitin were in the line up?

Frerence is showing his colors. Unfortunately we are stuck with paying him to sit in the press box for.this year and next..... unless Peter C. is the third greatest wizard only behind Gandalf and Merlin.

Go Oil!!

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
I think the Penguins are a good example because, like the Oilers, the Penguins have a defensive unit (outside of Letang) that struggles to move the puck to their skilled forwards. In the modern NHL if your defense cannot break the team out of their own zone quickly and effectively, then your forwards are always matched-up against a ready defense.
:handclap:

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
All I can say is the current administration cannot undo the screw ups of mac and klowe in two games
Are they still in the Oilers organisation ?And if yes,why?

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
We need Lander on top PP unit.. dont need skill need brains.. Swap Schultz with Klefbom as well on PP...

Lander and Klefbom have been crap. I don't know why you'd want them on the PP.

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
Bottom six isn't our problem.

It's the top six and the amount of soft smurfs we employ. Hall, RNH, Eberle... all get pushed around too, too much. Even Yak.

Dakine879

Apr 24, 2015
Edmonton
Are they still in the Oilers organisation ?And if yes,why?

I have no idea why they are still on the payroll. When a teams' fans go to the lengths to privately advertise billboards to dismiss the POHO and GM you know there is something amiss.

They should have been the first to go and I am still embarrassed to see Mac T around the team

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011

It's the top six and the amount of soft smurfs we employ. Hall, RNH, Eberle... all get pushed around too, too much. Even Yak.

I partially isagree. I think it's our lack of good defenders that's a much bigger problem. We only have two top 4 defenders and they're near the bottom of that.

On offense we don't have to play a game that requires size. We have enough skill to forgo that, but it requires chemistry and balanced lines.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
All I can say is the current administration cannot undo the screw ups of mac and klowe in two games. It is gonna take a while to expire / trade / buyout certain players

Can you imagine the result of the first two games if scrivens and nikitin were in the line up?

Frerence is showing his colors. Unfortunately we are stuck with paying him to sit in the press box for.this year and next..... unless Peter C. is the third greatest wizard only behind Gandalf and Merlin.

Go Oil!!

Yikes.

yes, Oiler fans that are/were expecting instant gratification will be disappointed with this season.

It's going to take a while. And the jury is still out on the Hall-Eb-RNH-Yak-Schultz cluster. They are being judged by their new boss very closely.

I will be surprised if all of them are with the team next year.

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France

As an outsider, I have to say you have a point. I watched a bit of both Oilers games and in each one I saw Hall just get thrown off his skates in the offensive zone when he was trying to protect the puck. RNH does look quite small as well.

That being said, I'm going to go check the weight of McDavid, Hall and RNH, just to see out of curiosity who weighs the least.

But overall, McDavid is fast out there !! Really flying !! Don't worry, he'll start to rack up the points in no time.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Bring back Boyd Gordon (kidding). Only Letestu can win faceoffs consistently. Oilers are much worst this year in that regard.

I thought this was much better against Nashville. The stats seem to suggest that as well: Hendricks 6/10=60%, Lander 8/14=57%, Letestu 7/11=64%, Nuge 6/11=55%, McDavid 2/11=18%.

St. Louis is a tough team to win draws on because their forwards are huge. Not just their centers but wingers as well and wingers win or lose a lot of draws for you.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
As an outsider, I have to say you have a point. I watched a bit of both Oilers games and in each one I saw Hall just get thrown off his skates in the offensive zone when he was trying to protect the puck. RNH does look quite small as well.

That being said, I'm going to go check the weight of McDavid, Hall and RNH, just to see out of curiosity who weighs the least.

But overall, McDavid is fast out there !! Really flying !! Don't worry, he'll start to rack up the points in no time.

Nuge is 195lbs, McDavid is 197 and Hall is probably about 200-205lbs. None of these guys are small.

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
i don't understand the Lander hate. Why does everyone want to bash Lander. He's the team's best young Swedish 3rd line center in years and all everyone wants to do is run him out of town.

Leave Lander alone.

He did his job in both games. Lander is definitely not the problem.

Ladra

Jan 29, 2011
He did his job in both games. Lander is definitely not the problem.

I'm a really big Lander supporter and all but even I would say that he has been a bit "off" the last two games. But I've got time for him

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
i don't understand the Lander hate. Why does everyone want to bash Lander. He's the team's best young Swedish 3rd line center in years and all everyone wants to do is run him out of town.

Leave Lander alone.

I don't think posters hate Lander per se, they're just pointing out that, compared to his preseason and late-2015 season games, his performance has been disappointing in the 2 games played

Jun 9, 2011
Sounds like Yakupov was practicing with McDavid and Poo. Yay.. Reinhart saddled in a pair with Ference. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad