Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose the game, lose a body, nothing has changed

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I find there are people with an agenda to denigrate players yet when their fav lets in just as many bad goals they don't post. Just thought it was worth mentioning.

What a bs post. Talbot was great in this game. This is the Dallas Stars with the two highest scoring players in the league.

Whats your problem with how Talbot played the game? Not an easy assignment and other than one goal he was steady. Dallas is a team that can score in bunches against anybody.

Maybe if Nillson wasn't so completely ****ing useless Talbot wouldn't have to be playing so many games.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
How did Hall, Kassian, Yak, Eberle, and Draisaitl do? (Didn't watch the game)

Hall and Drai we're alright in the offensive zone, but were both absolutely horrendous on Benn's goal. Drai created some stuff, but yet again lacked the finish, and Hall gave Purcell a 2 on 1 pass on a platter that Purcell somehow put wide (think typical Hall-Drai 2 on 1 pass except on the opposite side, so still on Teddy's forehand). Eberle was invisible aside from a one-timer that he rang off the crossbar on the PP, and pretty much an empty net that he shot wide, pretty awful game from him. Kassian was a little quiet, but still have a pretty solid game for the 3rd line.

Pakarinen (even though you didn't name him) was really good again, probably our best forward for what he created, brought physically, and created on the forecheck. Almost scored a couple times.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
I have a feeling the next Saw film is going to be Todd McLellan in a chair, watching as each one of his competent dmen goes down and he's forced to play Justin Schultz for more and more minutes.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
A big trade during the All-Star break would be nice. I don't want to watch another 30 games of this group.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
What a bs post. Talbot was great in this game. This is the Dallas Stars with the two highest scoring players in the league.

Whats your problem with how Talbot played the game? Not an easy assignment and other than one goal he was steady. Dallas is a team that can score in bunches against anybody.

I guess we have a different understanding of the word great.

Including the non goal the team in front of him exposed him and he let in a few that were saveable, just like Nilsson in Tampa.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I find there are people with an agenda to denigrate players yet when their fav lets in just as many bad goals they don't post. Just thought it was worth mentioning.

Laughable. Nilsson has looked like dog **** for far too long. This wasn't Talbot's best game, and he was a little shaky looking the first 5 or so minutes, but he easily played well enough to win. Nilsson hasn't played well enough to win in almost 2 months.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Hall and Drai we're alright in the offensive zone, but were both absolutely horrendous on Benn's goal. Drai created some stuff, but yet again lacked the finish, and Hall gave Purcell a 2 on 1 pass on a platter that Purcell somehow put wide (think typical Hall-Drai 2 on 1 pass except on the opposite side, so still on Teddy's forehand). Eberle was invisible aside from a one-timer that he rang off the crossbar on the PP, and pretty much an empty net that he shot wide, pretty awful game from him. Kassian was a little quiet, but still have a pretty solid game for the 3rd line.

Pakarinen (even though you didn't name him) was really good again, probably our best forward for what he created, brought physically, and created on the forecheck. Almost scored a couple times.

Yeah Pak had a hell of a game. Drai on the Benn goal? yeah, probably weakest play you will see from Draisaitl but other than that he had a monster game.

Not upset about this game at all. Team had plenty of fight, Dallas is just a really good hockey team.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Maybe if Nillson wasn't so completely ****ing useless Talbot wouldn't have to be playing so many games.

I don't think Talbot was great in this game. Yes he made some big stops but the goals he let in were... not that great. Seemed to be targetting his glove side.

psowrc

Feb 21, 2015
Picked up today in the back yard after my dog did his business....thought it would be the last time today I witnessed hot crap on ice...I clearly was wrong.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yeah Pak had a hell of a game. Drai on the Benn goal? yeah, probably weakest play you will see from Draisaitl but other than that he had a monster game.

Not upset about this game at all. Team had plenty of fight, Dallas is just a really good hockey team.

Dallas is 2-6-2 in their last 10 and we made it look so easy for them. :laugh: Amazed the score wasn't worse than it was. Oilers aren't even in the same league.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
So the Oilers lost a game and a body to injury?

4e6ca60744c8e8b665574ce4308eef33.gif

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I guess we have a different understanding of the word great.

Including the non goal the team in front of him exposed him and he let in a few that were saveable, just like Nilsson in Tampa.

ffs NIllson all by himself created the 5th and winning goal. Show me one play by Talbot ever that has been as bad as that.

Nillson got lost on the 2nd goal and was garbage on the 4th.

But maybe you missed this. Nillson GAA over the last 10 GP is around 4.25. Absolutely abysmal numbers and he's been **** now for over 6 weeks.

not sure what your angle is with this. Nillson deserves to be called out for his garbage play.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
A few of you came into this with some pretty high expectations,
I mean our lineup is fairly decimated and the stars are one of the power houses this year

We lost 3-2 and nailed the post about 3 times, it's not that bad.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
I don't think Talbot was great in this game. Yes he made some big stops but the goals he let in were... not that great. Seemed to be targetting his glove side.

Except the 2nd goal, he stopped everything he could see. Defence needed to give him an easier time

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Yeah thats fair Drai created a lot and had a great game along the boards. I know he's not really a goal scorer, but I just wish he'd start finishing more of the grade A chances he creates. Can't hate on him though, he's technically still the equivalent of a 1st year NHLer.

I'm not upset either. The team easily had enough chances to at least take this game to overtime. The finish just wasn't there tonight, which isn't really all that uncommon.

psowrc

Feb 21, 2015
ffs NIllson all by himself created the 5th and winning goal. Show me one play by Talbot ever that has been as bad as that.

But maybe you missed this. Nillson GAA over the last 10 GP is around 4.25. Absolutely abysmal numbers and he's been **** now for over 6 weeks.

not sure what your angle is with this. Nillson deserves to be called out for his garbage play.

Talbot was the reason in the third that this was a one goal game.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Just like they point out they played behind for 59 minutes because Jultz set up Spezza in the slot.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Except the 2nd goal, he stopped everything he could see. Defence needed to give him an easier time

Yep. Stars get close in and right in your grill. Playing them is a nightmare for goalies when the Stars are on. I knew the Stars had rebounded, they played a great game in LA just getting edged out by probably the best team in the league.

When Oilers hang with these guys I'm not going to complain about the performance.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006

I agree he hasn't played well since Talbot turned it up but it seems like some disregard Talbot's poor play which isn't a good thing when he's the one the team signed for 3 more years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad