Oilers lose 7-4 to Arizona Coyotes

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
B0CZFSUIQAAggEY.jpg

:(

Eakinspeak: "They were in the right spots, just need MOAR BATTLE"

I can't imagine how demoralizing it must be for the players to have this fop as their main tactician.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
might I suggest moving the Oilers here to London and let me alone in windowless room with them one at a time for about 48 hours at a shot might give them adiquate motivation to play better

That sounds very creepy considering you had a Richard Simmons avatar for a while. Lol

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
I'm still pissed off this morning.

There's an entire generation of children too young to remember the 2006 run that really only know the Oilers as a continuously terrible hockey team.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City

There's an entire generation of children too young to remember the 2006 run that really only know the Oilers as a continuously terrible hockey team.

I feel for them too,and I feel very fortunate to have been able to remember the Oilers winning their last three Stanley Cups.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
This. I'm already numb to losing, I just laugh throughout the game.

This for the Win. I'm not currently paying for the Comedy Channel and these Oiler games do nicely. Seriously just loud laughter. The Schultz pick we were bowled over laughing so hard our gut hurt.

Just because I was bored and looked it up last time Pho scored 7 goals was March 18, 2013. 100 and some games ago.

Oh, heres an interesting stat. The median goals allowed by clubs in the NHL this year is 9 so far. The Oilers have allowed 23, off on a distant galaxy..meanwhile this is a good corsi club with "possession" players. Yes, this is dripping sarcasm.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
I feel for them too,and I feel very fortunate to have been able to remember the Oilers winning their last two Stanley Cups.

It's not just young fans of the Oilers. There's kids who watch hockey all over the place that now equate playing the Oilers with "automatic win night"

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I really don't think the Oilers were that bad. Scrivens on the other hand...

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Wonder what effect Ramsay has had? Felt like he might have been one of the most important offseason acquisitions.

wiz64

Oct 6, 2005
Vienna, Austria
I have been around this board for a long time, mostly reading, but I have reached a point where I need to say that I'm seriously losing hope. This has gone too long for a proud and once well respected franchise. Even the dark days of the 90s were better than this. What makes it really frustrating is the fact that we can see no improvement and although we seem to pick up the right players they completely embrace our losing culture once they arrive. The structure of the franchise is so rotten to the core, this needs a major overhaul. I mean look at Calgary, this is a team that fights fir its life no matter how bad it inexperienced their roster is. It's all a matter of dedication and we apparently lack it completely, top to bottom #endofrant

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Eakins simply has to be fired. This will be 10X worse than when everyone wanted MacTavish gone. I think MacTavish knows this too, as I think MacT is a smart man. Although I also thought there was no way he'd go into the season with the centers that he did, so maybe I'm just a moron.

I keep reading this but i see no evidence to support it.
You know that this smart man hired Eakins, right?
You know that the team is worse during this smart man's tenure than it was during apparently the dumbest man in hockey's tenure (Tambo), right?

Seriously, why is MacT smart according to so many posters here? Seriously, I'm really dumbfounded that so many of you still think this.

You got the moron part right but directed towards the wrong person.
We're only morons because we continue to support this abomination of an organization.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
How some of you chaps are still in the 'MacT is a smart guy' corner is totally beyond me. He's done exactly what tambo did previously, add lower to mid level dmen and forwards and lots of them. Even his huge 'heist' of a trade the jury is still out on depending on how Barbashev turns out.

At least we fixed our goaltending with Khabulin....I mean scrivfastens.

MacT was a trash coach and is a trash gm, even worse a totally noob trash gm. The kind you tea bag repeatedly after gunning them down in round one of a pvp video game.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
At the end of last season, I thought if Edmonton gets off to another bad start I give Eakins 20 games max. After this start, I give him the homestand. I could understand if the losses were one goal losses but getting blown out in 3 of the first 4games is just boggling.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
mcdavid_fronttight.jpeg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpeg

"Please don't pick me Oilers. I don't want to be part of your incompetent organization"

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
How some of you chaps are still in the 'MacT is a smart guy' corner is totally beyond me. He's done exactly what tambo did previously, add lower to mid level dmen and forwards and lots of them. Even his huge 'heist' of a trade the jury is still out on depending on how Barbashev turns out.

At least we fixed our goaltending with Khabulin....I mean scrivfastens.

MacT was a trash coach and is a trash gm, even worse a totally noob trash gm. The kind you tea bag repeatedly after gunning them down in round one of a pvp video game.

:laugh: thanks for the morning laugh. I sure needed it.

Feb 9, 2013
This for the Win. I'm not currently paying for the Comedy Channel and these Oiler games do nicely. Seriously just loud laughter. The Schultz pick we were bowled over laughing so hard our gut hurt.

Just because I was bored and looked it up last time Pho scored 7 goals was March 18, 2013. 100 and some games ago.

Oh, heres an interesting stat. The median goals allowed by clubs in the NHL this year is 9 so far. The Oilers have allowed 23, off on a distant galaxy..meanwhile this is a good corsi club with "possession" players. Yes, this is dripping sarcasm.

Its all about corsi and possession numbers Replacement... everyone knows that. (That too is sarcasm.)

I wish Lowe and MacTavish had never watched Moneyball... $$%%#% Brad Pitt.

p.s. I won't throw a jersey on the ice - for the sake of the players, but I may mail it back to the organization. Just to be nice, I will include a note saying that they can replace it when - and only when, they fire Eakins and make something of this team. That, or exchange it for a different teams jersey - and I am only half kidding about that.

SerbianEagle

Nov 28, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I am starting to believe that the players have quit on Eakins and want him gone. They are not a very good team, but there are enough good players here to not be this horrible. This is embarrassing. Watching that "performance" last night I felt embarrassed. Eakins came in as a rookie coach and started rubbing people the wrong way immediately. While his speeches may have been refreshing early on last year considering what we saw from management in the early years of this rebuild, it got old fast. I think it got old to the players as well.

He lost Hall after the water battle incident. He lost Yak after constant benching and demotions. You don't show up your best player like he did with Hall. If you wanna rip him a new one, do it behind closed doors, not throw a hissy fit on the bench.

Then the gong show to start this year. Two players got sent down who absolutely deserved a spot, at least in the pressbox. If a guy like Marincin has a slightly slower start to camp, but turns it on at the end, you don't send him down and keep Hunt. Marincin played half a season last year and showed what he can do. What the **** has hunt done?

Then, instead of rewarding Pinnizotto for working his @$$ off in camp by at least keeping him for the opener, he sends him down to keep who?

Come on Eakins, get your @$$ out of here. You've embarrassed the team and yourself enough.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Any changes to the roster before that are going to be meaningless. Different players year in and year out and the exact same mistakes are happening. That isn't a roster issue. That's a ****ing coaching issue.

Different coaches year in and year out too, so how are so sure that it's just coaching? Don't get me wrong, Eakins is a dumpster fire but honestly, the team has looked pretty much the same the last 5 seasons no matter which players, coaches or GMs for that matter are in place. The "improvements" under Renney and Krueger were minimal at best. The team is worse now but it's pretty much like watching a rerun the last 5 years, same exact team same exact issues year in and year out.

I think a complete organizational overhaul is in order. Obviously "The Old Boys" aren't going anywhere so i think the core needs to be restructured.
Keep 2 or 3 players from the core (Hall, RNH and Draisaitl maybe? Nurse maybe?), deal the rest and build a different type of team, a more hard working group as opposed to just a skilled group.

This shuffling around of mediocre players and coaches hasn't worked so it seems like the only other alternative.
I don't know, I'm fresh out of ideas otherwise.

Last edited:

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I honestly believe that McDavid would be happy to come to Edmonton because of the thought of playing with Hall.

If Hall is even here by then
Reading his body language, he has almost had enough of this ****

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I honestly believe that McDavid would be happy to come to Edmonton because of the thought of playing with Hall.

With absolutely no expectations of winning or having to extend yourself at all.

Anyway, Eakins from last night:

"Bad luck is killing us right now".

Gotta say poor Scrivens is confused as well. Post game saying the Oilers are again trying to learn new style, "what do you want us to hang back like Phoenix or something"

OMFG. That's a $ quote. Eakins is so far up this teams ass with his garbage he's got the professor saying stupid ****.

Yeah, this is the NHL, you hang back first and defend first. This team is being told to do something else. Scrivens is basically laying that out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $2,335.00