Oilers lose 7-1: Eakins' swan song?

NugeFan

Jul 5, 2013
I find it funny the walk of shame, not sad. The players are playing like complete utter crap this year, and deserve all the heckling they get. Especially Taylor Hall and his stupid toe drags that always lead to a turnover in offensive zone, or Eberle skating like he's 300lbs. Only positive last night was Keith Aulie laying some big hits.

The "sad" part was directed at the kids having to be witness to the comments and jeers. Remember when you were a kid and just wanted to catch a glimpse of your favorite player?

zoolander09

Oct 23, 2009
Feel bad for him, he's gotta go though and it's gonna happen tomorrow. Has to. This team also needs to completely change player wise. Like rebuild the ****ing rebuild. I want I want a new rebuild, don't even care just don't want these players anymore.

I don't think the players are the whole problem.
the team is so badly run, Eakins is obviously in over his head but its management who really need to go.
change in management has given Vancouver a fresh start I would love to see that in Edmonton.
it would be a big mistake to trade the young guys without seeing how they do in a more stable situation.
seems outrageous to have no centers and expect your 1 round pick to step in,
they stuck with devan dubnyk for 7 years and still don't have a capable goalie.
mactavish wasn't capable of coaching and now he runs the team!

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
So the Oilers have decided to do... Nothing...
I have defended Lowe and MacT up until this moment.
All these clowns need to go. Eakins I knew was an idiot from day 1, but MacT you disappointed me.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I wonder what is going through Nurse's mind right now. That guy has a career in front of him. The Oilers are standing in his way.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
I find it funny the walk of shame, not sad. The players are playing like complete utter crap this year, and deserve all the heckling they get. Especially Taylor Hall and his stupid toe drags that always lead to a turnover in offensive zone, or Eberle skating like he's 300lbs. Only positive last night was Keith Aulie laying some big hits.

Exactly how I feel as well. Tired of these losers and their gutless performances. I doubt a guy like Eberle even feels shame anymore because of how casually he has played for the past couple of seasons already.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
iEjsyyFHjnKFc.png
EjsyyFHjnKFc

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
dashingsilverfox never trolled us, not once. he was right about everyone, from the very beginning.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

I agree, call me a heartless ******* but they (minus a few players) deserved it all.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I agree, call me a heartless ******* but they (minus a few players) deserved it all.

Sorry but the drunk bros yelling gay slurs when children are around is unacceptable.

They need to close that area off because the fans are obviously too immature to handle it like grown ups.

and this is coming from a guy who used to stand there as a kid, who has gotten player sticks given to me, has waited around for autographs after the game.

What that area has now become is a joke. It just hurts the team. Close it.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Yes sir. Pretty sad indeed. Not that I don't understand the frustration.

Sad, but who do you blame for the action of the fans? The frustration is incredible.

There was no swearing I could hear. That would have been wrong with kids around. Didn't hear the gay slurs. That was wrong. Other than that, no issue with fans voicing their displeasure.

Booing offended the players? Come on. They played horribly.

Do they deserve a cone of silence around them five seconds after leaving the ice?

Maybe this effectively sends the message of the urgency of the situation that MacT hasn't gotten to this point.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
So the Oilers have decided to do... Nothing...
I have defended Lowe and MacT up until this moment.
All these clowns need to go. Eakins I knew was an idiot from day 1, but MacT you disappointed me.

I wonder if there was a press conference but they decided to pull it so they didnt steal the Eskimos spotlight for the day if it was big news.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Sad, but who do you blame for the action of the fans? The frustration is incredible.

There was no swearing I could hear. That would have been wrong with kids around. Didn't hear the gay slurs. That was wrong. Other than that, no issue with fans voicing their displeasure.

Booing offended the players? Come on. They played horribly.

Do they deserve a cone of silence around them five seconds after leaving the ice?

Maybe this effectively sends the message of the urgency of the situation that MacT hasn't gotten to this point.

Aside from someone questioning Yakupovs sexual preference... yeah..

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Sorry but the drunk bros yelling gay slurs when children are around is unacceptable.

They need to close that area off because the fans are obviously too immature to handle it like grown ups.

and this is coming from a guy who used to stand there as a kid, who has gotten player sticks given to me, has waited around for autographs after the game.

What that area has now become is a joke. It just hurts the team. Close it.

All I saw was the CBC feed last night...didnt hear the slurs. Yeah that part is uncalled for.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown

How else do you display your displeasure? Gay slurs aren't the way to go, but if you're paying 300 dollars to watch a product that isn't producing up to any respectable measurable level, you're more than entitled to boo.

They deserved the boos. It's rough to watch, cringe-worthy even, but it doesn't change the fact that it was deserved. I'm happy it happened.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
How else do you display your displeasure? Gay slurs aren't the way to go, but if you're paying 300 dollars to watch a product that isn't producing up to any respectable measurable level, you're more than entitled to boo.

They deserved the boos. It's rough to watch, cringe-worthy even, but it doesn't change the fact that it was deserved. I'm happy it happened.

Stop buying tickets? Boo them off the ice, whatever.

I'm just not down with some drunk 20 year old yelling "YAKUPOV YOU ****ING ******" when he comes off the ice.

Management should walk that gauntlet

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I think there's a limit to how much you should express your frustration.

Yes the team is bad and they deserved to get booed last night, but leave it at that. Wait for your 50/50 draw then leave.

Hockey players are people too and I can safely bet that not everyone here is great at their respective jobs.

While the players do deserve the blame, as does the coach, direct your anger to the ones who put them there in the first place.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I think there's a limit to how much you should express your frustration.

Yes the team is bad and they deserved to get booed last night, but leave it at that. Wait for your 50/50 draw then leave.

Hockey players are people too and I can safely bet that not everyone here is great at their respective jobs.

While the players do deserve the blame, as does the coach, direct your anger to the ones who put them there in the first place.

Eh, I think everyone involved needs to hear the boos. I do agree with SephF's view that the management should be walking down that hall.

They deserve the brunt of it.

Cowards.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Stop buying tickets? Boo them off the ice, whatever.

I'm just not down with some drunk 20 year old yelling "YAKUPOV YOU ****ING ******" when he comes off the ice.

Management should walk that gauntlet

Didn't MacT get into shouting match with a fan the last time he showed his face down there...:laugh:....

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Aside from someone questioning Yakupovs sexual preference... yeah..

That's exactly what I said, but you questioned it. You complained about the comment again and again and again. You made your point.

The answer for the Oilers is to not play terribly. Not keep employing a terrible head coach and show the fans respect.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
That's exactly what I said, but you questioned it. You complained about the comment again and again and again. You made your point.

The answer for the Oilers is to not play terribly. Not keep employing a terrible head coach and show the fans respect.

Forsure.. just feel bad for some of those kids. What a toxic environment. I was agreeing with you that the fans should be able to voice their displeasure, just wish it was more constructive.

I'm really surprised they have left that open after all these years. I don't think it would upset the fans greatly if they were to close it off. I don't think any other team in the league has a setup like that either.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I would say throughout hockey there is lots of that, the last competitive hockey I played was midget and that was a common "chirp". While I don't agree with the slurs and that thrown around during that I do think the fans that pay the 200 dollars or whatever to watch that so called game last night have a right to be boo and what not. I do wish like said before that management was taking it instead of some players on the team

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad