Oilers lose 7-1: Eakins' swan song?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
That video is just shameful. I'm not from Edmonton, but have been a fan of the team for over 20 years. If that kind of thing happens after every loss, I won't be shocked when the Hall, Yakupov, etc want out.

'Fans' like that don't deserve a successful team.

Doswell

Mar 1, 2007
Edmonton
The short term damage of this season (and those leading into it) is bad enough, but I'm starting to think that we're seeing even more troubling longer term damage. The Bronx cheers for Scrivens (when others had screwed-up far more on those plays) and the personal insults as the team left the ice can only make Edmonton even less appealing to players than it already was. The pitiful ineptitude of Katz, Lowe and MacTavish is creating damage to the perception and self esteem of this city that goes well beyond its hockey team.

Raekwon

Nov 28, 2011
That video is just shameful. I'm not from Edmonton, but have been a fan of the team for over 20 years. If that kind of thing happens after every loss, I won't be shocked when the Hall, Yakupov, etc want out.

those fans pay 200 bucks a night to watch an oiler team fold after giving up one gene night after night.
then those fans listen to oilers players and staff spew garbage post game about the process and the progress the team is making.

its a terrible situation but to say the fans don't deserve a successful team is joke..
how else are paying customers supposed to show how fed up they are with this pathetic organization.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver

Come on, the team's been brutal while all these guys have been treated like the best superstars in the world. That didn't get the fans a team that played with heart on the ice. Maybe the team is angry, maybe they hate the fans right now, but I can't imagine them not at least knowing deep down "wow, a full arena just paid 60-200 dollars each to see us lose AGAIN."

Still, that was really uncomfortable to sit through. Not sure what to take away from it.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Keep in mind it was a conscious decision by the ticket buyers. They know how bad the team is and they shell out their money for them.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Keep in mind it was a conscious decision by the ticket buyers. They know how bad the team is and they shell out their money for them.

If only season ticket holders had that option.

This team is far worse than advertised at the start of the season.

Just horrendous this team.

Playa Hejda

Oct 9, 2013
#yeg
If only season ticket holders had that option.

This team is far worse than advertised at the start of the season.

Just horrendous this team.

If anyone didn't know what to expect from the Oilers this year they have no one to blame but themselves

TheGuyInTheChair

Sep 21, 2014

Oh please :laugh:. When they go out there and don't even try they deserve every boo they get and more.

Nothingman*

As an outside observer, the best way to show your displeasure is not spending $ on tickets, etc. the barn was full last night and mgmt prolly thinks that means they have the fan support. If they are living in a bubble maybe. But they can alway throw that back at ownership.

Playa Hejda

Oct 9, 2013
#yeg
Did you expect them to be worse than last year? I did not. If you did, great. But they were horrendous last year.

Losers are losers until they prove otherwise. Whether they are better or worse by 3-6 games at the end of the season in immaterial to the fact we know what to expect now. Don't be fooled next season.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Players are humans too. You don't think they already feel like **** after getting curb stomped, then booed off the ice? This is just unnecessary.

you would think for most of the team 4-5 years of bottom feeding would make them feel bad enough that they would start giving a damn but that hasn't happened so why should fans worry about their feelings towards a single game?

Jun 9, 2011
Players are humans too. You don't think they already feel like **** after getting curb stomped, then booed off the ice? This is just unnecessary.
Yep. Can't imagine any player losing on purpose. They are defeated already.

Still in complete shock that MacT and Eakins aren't worried about job security. Really expected them to say that they understand that upper management will have to make a tough decision blah blah. On the Oilers website Eakins is just talking about how he will carry on and get through this. What the ****?

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
If anyone didn't know what to expect from the Oilers this year they have no one to blame but themselves

That's a pretty harsh argument against chirping the team as they walk off the ice. One guy crossed the line.

The rest of the criticism was well-deserved.

I'm sure the biweekly cheques that are more than what the majority of the population makes in a year will help them get over being boo'd by a bunch of peons.

Peons who all contribute to those biweekly cheques. Not tons, but a little bit.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
I'm sure the biweekly cheques that are more than what the majority of the population makes in a year will help them get over being boo'd by a bunch of peons.

So it's unnecessary to treat them with compassion just because they make a lot of money then? There are more respectful ways of going about it.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
you would think for most of the team 4-5 years of bottom feeding would make them feel bad enough that they would start giving a damn but that hasn't happened so why should fans worry about their feelings towards a single game?

How do we know they don't feel bad? I'm sure nobody in that room is content with the current state of affairs. They shouldn't shoulder all the blame and abuse when it's not entirely their fault that they're **** (see management, coaching).

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
If these players can't handle people telling them they suck at their job, we can trade. I'll be an NHL player and they can have my 8-4 job.

I'd take 6 million dollars to sit in a cage and get skated circles around by good hockey teams while the people paying my salary are mad I was preforming poorly.

If they can't take the heat they should get the hell out of the kitchen.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
U wanna be more depressed? Check out the schedule in December. I see possibly 1 victory, max 2.

I see one of the bloggers were complaining about people booing. I am glad they did. People are fed up and changes need to happen. Where do u start? Lowe for sure and our scouting has been terrible

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
Looking back over the past years of the "rebuild", I haven't been as ashamed to be an Oiler fan as I am after this loss.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00