Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 4-1 to the Canes. Yakupov injured by the ref

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
The lack of scoring from the bottom half of the line up is brutal. They should sit a couple of them call up guys like Slepyshev, Khaira, Yakimov give them a couple games see if they can get anything out of them.

Just to indicate how brutal the bottom 6 scoring is I'll say your use of the word lack is being gracious.

I'd say "The absence of scoring from the bottom half of the line up."

I haven't checked but I imagine our defence is last or close in scoring also.
How many goals do we have from the defence?

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer
Nail Yakupov has an ankle sprain and is out 2 to 4 weeks

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
No there isn't but almost everyone player who leaves makes a comment that sounds like Hall divided the room. It's possible they are talking about someone else and we have a different cancer, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Yes, because all of their comments points to one single person in the room, in your case, its Hall the "cancer." The Hall haters always have the same old crap to sprew.

Gretzkyforever99

Dec 28, 2014
Great White North
so let's play GM, which team would want Eberle and/or Nuge and what would you give back for either of them? every team in the NHL needs Dmen. which team wants to give up a half decent defensive Dman? not too many. so you need to have a trading partner so deep on back end depth that they would be willing to give us 1 of them for an under performing smallish forward. This will not happen. we would be getting other teams retreads and we all know there are too many of those on the Oilers already. last night was by far the worst showing of the season. The game was so bloody boring. Yeah they got unlucky with a few goal posts and maybe 1 or 2 go in they change things but damn create your own breaks and work your ass off to make up for the ones that you missed. No Push back and heartless. Bottom 6 is so terrible that bringing back Derek Roy would be an improvement.
Terrible drafting has killed the potential of this team and it cannot be fixed overnight in today's NHL Chia will not have an easy time moving those $6 million dollar contracts.

oilwave

Jan 15, 2011
Edmonton
Yes, because all of their comments points to one single person in the room, in your case, its Hall the "cancer." The Hall haters always have the same old crap to sprew.

Mods delete posts to clean up thread. You find the one they missed and respond to it again, Really? :handclap::handclap::handclap:

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Mods delete posts to clean up thread. You find the one they missed and respond to it, Really? :handclap::handclap::handclap:

I'll respond to any baseless accusations about any player being a "cancer" in the dressing room. In your case, using articles and journals mean jack.

oilwave

Jan 15, 2011
Edmonton
I'll respond to any baseless accusations about any player being a "cancer" in the dressing room. In your case, using articles and journals mean jack.

Respect the authority of the mods man. They don't want this talked about drop it. Their jobs are tough enough.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Respect the authority of the mods man. They don't want this talked about drop it. Their jobs are tough enough.

You really gonna talk about "respecting authority" after making the initial accusations of a player being a "cancer." Good grief.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
First of all I've never complained about Hall being a locker room issue on this board (or online at all) before. So don't know where you're "again" is from. And second yes I do have sources, I said none definitely say it is Hall, but where there is smoke there is fire and these rumours have existed for years. I could find more sources, but why waste my time.
http://www.coppernblue.com/2015/1/4/7490833/whats-going-on-in-the-oilers-room
http://www.theoilersrig.com/2014/12/oilers-room-rift/
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1953705
http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/h...y-making-moves-they-should-have-made-long-ago

so your telling me that one player can cause 6 years of losing, and not by his play mind you, but by his attitude, on a professional sports team? is there not a single player, coach or member of the oilers management in the last 6 years that will stand up to the big meanie that is taylor hall? you expect me to believe that? if that's the case, this teams deserves to be in the gutter year after year. if hall is that much of a tyrant where are the other players balls to tell him smarten up? since hall came into the league the oilers have had horcoff and ference as captains, where were those guys to reign in halls supposed ****** attitude?

again this is scapegoating one single player for what is an overall ****** organization. hall is not the problem, this organization has been disfunctional for so long that it is going to take some time to completely turn this ship around.

but hey, you keep blaming hall for an entire organizations disfunctions if it makes you feel better.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
so your telling me that one player can cause 6 years of losing, and not by his play mind you, but by his attitude, on a professional sports team? is there not a single player, coach or member of the oilers management in the last 6 years that will stand up to the big meanie that is taylor hall? you expect me to believe that? if that's the case, this teams deserves to be in the gutter year after year. if hall is that much of a tyrant where are the other players balls to tell him smarten up? since hall came into the league the oilers have had horcoff and ference as captains, where were those guys to reign in halls supposed ****** attitude?

this is all a bunch of *********, hall is not the problem, this organization has been disfunctional for so long that it is going to take some time to completely turn this ship around.

but hey, you keep blaming hall for an entire organizations disfunctions if it makes you feel better.

again this is scapegoating one single player for what is an overall ****** team.

:handclap::handclap:

oilwave

Jan 15, 2011
Edmonton

again this is scapegoating one single player for what is an overall ****** organization. hall is not the problem, this organization has been disfunctional for so long that it is going to take some time to completely turn this ship around.

I wasn't going to respond to this, but since the mods didn't delete it I feel the need to clarify that I never said any of this and it grossly exaggerates and misconstrues my initial post, which has now been deleted. I never said Hall is the problem with the team, that's absurd. Defence and lack of depth are much bigger issues obviously. I just listed reasons I don't think Hall is that valuable, and one of the things on that list was that multiple people around the league/team have said/implied he has a negative impact in the dressing room. It wasn't even the most important thing on the list.

If my post had any intention it was that Hall shouldn't be considered untouchable (but I didn't even go so far as to say that in my initial post.)

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
I wasn't going to respond to this, but since the mods didn't delete it I feel the need to clarify that I never said any of this and it grossly exaggerates and misconstrues my initial post, which has now been deleted. I never said Hall is the problem with the team, that's absurd. Defence and lack of depth are much bigger issues obviously. I just listed reasons I don't think Hall is that valuable, and one of the things on that list was that multiple people around the league/team have said/implied he has a negative impact in the dressing room. It wasn't even the most important thing on the list.

If my post had any intention it was that Hall shouldn't be considered untouchable (but I didn't even go so far as to say that in my initial post.)

fair enough, but the hall bashing on this board, everytime the team loses has gotten so far out of hand, it's hard not to be touchy about it. personally i believe no player other than mcdavid is untouchable, but hall should be as close to untouchable as you can get, we're talking shea weber, drew doughty type of trade (which obviously will never happen). Hall will be part of the solution for this team in the coming years.

oilwave

Jan 15, 2011
Edmonton
fair enough, but the hall bashing on this board, everytime the team loses has gotten so far out of hand, it's hard not to be touchy about it. personally i believe no player other than mcdavid is untouchable, but hall should be as close to untouchable as you can get, we're talking shea weber, drew doughty type of trade (which obviously will never happen). Hall will be part of the solution for this team in the coming years.

That's fair. I get frustrated with the Nuge bashing so I get it.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
And not getting any flak for it on the board either.
Given how critical we've been of other centers with losing faceoff percentages, I have to wonder how Nuge's 11% tonight has barely had a mention. Minus four too. :help:

Yeah. From what little of the game I watched, 1st and pasrt of the second, both Nuge and Ebs were having a preety rough time out there. Not really typical for either of these players though. Don't know what to think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad