Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 3-1, sky is falling, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
The refs really put their whistle away in the third. Tons of hacking and obstruction there.

Also, waive Purcell. He is 100% useless.

McDreamy

Losing credibility
Feb 25, 2009
I don't like our PP setup. We got caught over and over with only 1 guy on the blue line.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
After the 1st period, that was a schooling but not unexpected. It's going to take time for the group to gel and the lines/pairings are kind of a mess right now.
I thought the compete level was pretty good though.

Oh and a big Strike 1 for Mclellan putting Purcell out in the final minute. WTF was he thinking?

duul

Jun 21, 2010
How did we end up with Hall and Yakupov, arguably the two worst #1 overalls in 15 years?

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
It's too bad slepy and mcdavid didn't shake the nerves till the third period, we didn't have much offense don't really recall Elliot even having to make a super tough save. Plus side talbot played good and it could have been worse

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Rough first 5 minutes but they got better after that.

McDavid was OK in the third, two good chances, but didn't carry the play enough. We struggled to get him the puck in stride. Hall doesn't work with him.

Slepy was awful until the third when Hall got off their line.

Not good enough from RNH and Pouliot. Purcell was poor but that's to be expected.

I liked the compete ... Gryba, Gazdic, Hendricks, Korpi, etc. played well. Reinhart had a few mistakes, but overall much better than Ference.

Talbot was very good.

Better than last year but our offence sucked. Missing Eberle is going to hurt us badly.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Talbot looked good.

What I expected from McDavid. He has some adjustments to make. Too used to just blowing by everyone last season I think.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I'm sick of trying to look for positives in a loss. Just win hockey games!

Quick somebody head to the Trade Forum. Based on main board opinions right now we may still be able to grab a 3rd round pick for McDavid.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Slepyshev looked other worldly in the last 5 minutes. We need to see that more.

If the pre-season has taught me anything, he's a little slower to catch up to the speed, but when he does it's beast mode.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Im not discouraged. Saw alot of things I liked, saw alot of things I didnt like. To be expected with a growing team like ours.

Yak had a good game, except for one horrendous turnover.
Mcdavid played good, not great. When your playing against the Blues its too be expected
Slepy looked like a rookie. Looked to get it together towards the end.

Purcell though... get this guy off the team. Absolute black hole of offence. And why the **** was this guy on the ice in the final minute? Yak sitting on the bench too. Joke.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I think Hall and McDavid need to be split up. I just don't see them connecting on the ice. They're both hungry for the puck. Even if Yak doesn't get moved to the top 6, at least call up Leon for it. Purcell is the forward version of Nikitin.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

why not post your opinion and not just post discuss?

On the dot is going to be a problem again and may cause Leon D being recalled sooner then later

Hendricks 3w -5l
letestu 2w 4l
Lander 4w 3l
Mcdavid(if we can talk about stats) 3w 10l
Nude 6w 11l

Untill the oilers win in the face offs they will not win

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I really liked our defence tonight.

Klefbom had a bad giveaway early in the game but I'll give him a break since he hasn't played hockey in 2 weeks due to a foot injury.

Reinhart took 2 penalties but they were pretty soft and I'm pretty sure the 2nd one was drawn from acting.

Gryba was reliable and did well playing the tough guy role.

Fayne made some good decisions on the PK

Sekera was solid.

Schultz looked much more effective out there than last year.

Am I mission something there on the d-men?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad