Value of: 11th overall pick

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
If somehow Landy is back and we resign. Drouin we would have too many top 6 wings. I'd still rather keep him but he's wasted on a third line. You want him getting pucks for your top tier talent. Would be great with Hughes.
I'd surprised if Landy is still a top6 forward after 2 year absence. But it's not impossible.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Leafs don’t have much to offer but here it goes anyway

Nick Robertson (middle sixer with a great shot, paced for 20 goals last year with 11 minutes TOI)
Timothy Liljegren (#4 RHD, cost controlled, decent defensively, good in transition, decent offensively)
2024 first round pick (I think it’s 23rd overall?)
Rights to Tyler Bertuzzi (as a throw in, I know this has like 7th round pick value)

Or let’s get crazy

John Tavares (50% retention, bonus paid by TOR)
Mitch Marner (50% retention, bonus paid by TOR)
Timothy Liljegren

For

11th overall
Bowen Byram
I wouldn't do any of that, but I appreciate your creativity.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
You went crazy alright. Give up the 11th and Byram for two one year contracts and Liljegren. And thats IF the would agree to the trade. At least make it so Buffalo would have something to think about.

John Tavares
Mitch Marner
Timothy Liljegren
Toronto first

For

11th overall
Bowan Byram
Jeff Skinner
Buffalo 4th

That would at least give Buffalo something to think about.
For a second, I thought this was a Bern proposal, but there wasn't enough nonsensical rambling.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Ross Colton is the perfect 3C for the Sabres. Bottom 6 winger? Look no further than Miles Wood!

How is that for a starting point on a trade?

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Pulock from the Isles, if he's willing to waive his NTC. We'd probably need a decent prospect back as well.

I think the Isles will look to shake up the core a bit this offseason. Pulock, Nelson, Palmieri. Martin and Clutterbuck both gone. Possibly Lee if they can figure out a way to make it work.

Not to derail the tyhread, but if Poluck is willing to waive for Ottawa - I'd imagine they'd be quite interested.

OTT 1st (7th)
BOS 1st (~26th)
Opstapckuk (39th in 2021) or Jarventie (33rd in 2020)

--- for ---

Poluck
NYI 1st (18th)
Pageau (50% retained)

Tweaks can be made here and there if needed of course.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
11th overall isn’t THAT valuable. You’re lucky to get a full time NHLer at that point

Is that true?

2011-2021

Siemens
Forsberg
Morin
Fiala
Crouse
Brown
Vilardi
Wahlstrom
Soderstrom
Askarov
Sillinger

Siemens, Brown and Morin weren't full timers, but the rest either are or are trending towards it (Soderstrom, Askarov). Brown could be but he's got an uphill road.

You'd be lucky to get a star at 11, but you're likely to get an NHL'er.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Cirelli+ for 11OA+
Nah, no need to move Cirelli, and eskecially not for a player that probably has at best a 50% chance of helping Tampa 4 years from now. Any trade involving Cirelli would have to lead to immediate help for Tampa, so unless the 11oa was quickly flipped for an RD or Tampa could guarantee an upgrade there in ufa(and still have the space to replace the glaring hole left by Cirelli's departure), no thanks.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I’d characterize that role as a guy who’s very good defensively, not a black hole offensively, above average physicality, above 50% on faceoffs, and a good PKer.
Nico Sturm is all those things to a T, but probably a little closer to an okay 3C or fantastic 4C than a great 3C.

What is Buffalo’s appetite for trading down from 11 to 14? Either for something like a good bottom-6 guy (Sturm, Kunin) or for 42nd overall, which would give them another asset to trade for help now.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Nico Sturm is all those things to a T, but probably a little closer to an okay 3C or fantastic 4C than a great 3C.

What is Buffalo’s appetite for trading down from 11 to 14? Either for something like a good bottom-6 guy (Sturm, Kunin) or for 42nd overall, which would give them another asset to trade for help now.

I’d 100% be game for making a trade like that for Sturm, personally speaking. (Though I, of course, am not the GM lol.) I’m not sure he has enough offense to really be viewed as a 3C, but he’d definitely be a useful player for Buffalo and add an element we’re missing down the middle.

Last edited:

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

I'd trade that pick for Sturm/Kunin and 14.

Reactions: Juxtaposer

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020
I’d characterize that role as a guy who’s very good defensively, not a black hole offensively, above average physicality, above 50% on faceoffs, and a good PKer.
Then most 3rd liners are not true 3rd liners.Looking at this from a balance sheet angle where things need to balance out.

Someone that's good enough to be classified as a 2c of course
I suspect that

Reactions: Mac Attack

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad