Post-Game Talk: Oilers Lose 2-1 in OT

HemksyCares

Sep 29, 2013
not sure how you upload a picture on here, but willis uploaded a clear pic of henrique holding the stick..

Yes, he grabbed the stick, held for less than a full Mississippi. Could've went either way, ref decided he didn't hold him back enough. Oh well. Wasnt THAT bad.

HemksyCares

Sep 29, 2013
quinn and lebrusk are morons. no comment about the blatant holding the stick? Blamed the 3rd period of oilers being "tired." good grief, i hate sportsnet.

Your ears must've been full of rage: debrusk commented on the non call during the replay. Being tired affected the outcome more than anything.

jp7

Aug 13, 2011
Here's the pic

837729958.png

**** happens. I'll take the point after a b2b, I'm happy to be noticing improvements in the team. I know the wounds are fresh though :laugh:

jp7

Aug 13, 2011
Also, my god... Jagr is a man amongst boys, I still can't believe his age

Sloth Slothersons*

We'd probably win the President's Trophy if we were in the East

jp7

Aug 13, 2011
I hope he gets traded to a contender again.

I think they would be smart to trade him, but they're also in the playoff race so it'll be interesting to see what happens. I don't think he goes anywhere, but I could easily be wrong

Oct 30, 2011
well, we're relatively healthy going into the break. Hopefully RNH's hand will be fine with some ice and rest.

We should be able to finish the season strong.

HemksyCares

Sep 29, 2013
That goal wasn't his fault.

A double clutch slapper from that far, with no traffic, under the arm, to that player. I'd say thats stopped 49/50 times. Too much goes into every play to find one fault, but there were a few problems that play.. That pic posted of the stick hold shows two oilers watching while the scorer slips in from the point. Alot went wrong, but yes, a call would have been nice.

The missed call shouldn't overshadow the effort tonight, especially Yak. He was everywhere tonight.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I woke up at the end of the 2nd intermission. Yakupov is getting better but he needs to commit more in the defensive zone. Eakins needs to teach him that.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
A double clutch slapper from that far, with no traffic, under the arm, to that player. I'd say thats stopped 49/50 times. Too much goes into every play to find one fault, but there were a few problems that play.. That pic posted of the stick hold shows two oilers watching while the scorer slips in from the point. Alot went wrong, but yes, a call would have been nice.

The missed call shouldn't overshadow the effort tonight, especially Yak. He was everywhere tonight.

I liked the way Yak and Hall battled tonight ; for sure. I still don't like that brutal miss called of Henrique. Oh well. We had a good road trip. On to the sochi olympics.

HemksyCares

Sep 29, 2013

Not at all "blaming" Bryz, he played very good. I just imagine that he was unhappy that he left that hole for it to squeeze through

HemksyCares

Sep 29, 2013
I liked the way Yak and Hall battled tonight ; for sure. I still don't like that brutal miss called of Henrique. We had a good road trip. On to the sochi olympics.

Best stretch of games in a long time, regardless of the final scores. Eakins comments were pretty spot on. Hed love to have got the call but wasnt expecting it in OT and pointed to a D zone breakdown as the biggest issue.

The break will do this team good.

Go Canada go!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad