Post-Game Talk: Oilers Lose 2-1 in OT

Kulleroinen*

Yea, I enjoyed the game. Too bad that we lost, but it really does not matter.

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
lol @ no holding call there. Pathetic officiating. I'll happily take the point, especially after a game last night.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Way to go, ref. I guess standing right there and noticing Henrique holding the stick is perfectly fine. ****ing brutal officiating.

HemksyCares

Sep 29, 2013
Yak was excellent. Bryz was stopping those all night, he won't be happy with himself. Henrique gets away with that hold only in OT. Good game.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
The refs just suck in general against the Oilers. Its not a East/West thing.

This Eastern road swing has shown some of the worst officiating I've ever seen, against the Oilers or not.

I know the refs aren't designated as such, but this specific Eastern road trip was a complete joke.

Refs need accountability. I don't care if this game means next to nothing. It's a complete joke that they can play a role in the game, yet do not have to face their garbage display.

Brokenhead

Feb 8, 2012
Edmonton, AB
They were tired as hell in the 3rd and OT, pretty decent game overall. This last stretch has been by far the most watchable all year.

McDreamy

Losing credibility
Feb 25, 2009
Ref was standing there and watched the whole thing. No excuse for that.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
not sure how you upload a picture on here, but willis uploaded a clear pic of henrique holding the stick..

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Eakins needs to say something about that, he's way too quiet of a coach, gotta stand up for the team. Tortorella would've ate a baby cow's heart on the ice if that happened to his squad :laugh:

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
This Eastern road swing has shown some of the worst officiating I've ever seen, against the Oilers or not.

I know the refs aren't designated as such, but this specific Eastern road trip was a complete joke.

Refs need accountability. I don't care if this game means next to nothing. It's a complete joke that they can play a role in the game, yet do not have to face their garbage display.

Well in 5 years we will be able to hook and hold with no calls because we will have a veteran team.

HemksyCares

Sep 29, 2013
The refs were bad for both clubs. Pretty ticky tack call on the trip late in the 3rd when NJ was pressuring on their PP.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
If I'm Eakins I charge into the ref's changing room and ask them straight out if they're ****ing blind.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
quinn and lebrusk are morons. no comment about the blatant holding the stick? Blamed the 3rd period of oilers being "tired." good grief, i hate sportsnet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad