Oilers Lose 2-1 in OT: **** the refs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Nuge is like that cute little kid that you get pissed off at then you think aww look at that little munchkin, i am sure he will get it right next time! But he never gets it, hes just that weak kid that keeps getting beat up that you can't hate.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Yeah let's go into next season with McDavid and Drai as our two top centers.

A Crosby level prospect that was well on his way to being the team's best player before his injury, and a big center that already stole RNH's top line job for most of the season. Add in a defenseman that would be coming back in return?

Sounds like a good plan to me. Better than what the Oilers have been doing the last 5 years.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Same old story. Easy game for the opposing goalie.
They possessed the puck a lot but had no dangerous chances because nobody is willing to pay the price to will that puck towards the net and the Dmen supply no offensive support whatsoever.

The Sharks just like the Yotes, Panthers and Lightning played a weak game compared to their usual standard and the Oilers got 2 points out of a possible 8. Rough stuff.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
- Purcell two-handed at centre ice
- Eberle's jersey held by Ward while going for a change
- Letestu slashed in the ankle right in front of the ref
- Martin runs blatant inteference and trips RNH in the corner
- Marleau tips Kassian's clear over the glass and Kassian gets a penalty
- Pavelski hooks Yakupov so bad he lost his stick

These aren't ticky tack plays either. Just total bs the refs refused to call anything.

Bang on. Those were the obvious calls. ****ing Pavelski tried to sell it in OT as well when he looked at the ref against the boards. Pfft.

It makes you wonder, doesn't it. It sure does. It sure does.

Its weird how I've seen people say "don't blame it on the refs" etc, but in games like these, its warranted.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Curious how Mclellan is going to spin this. Some lack luster performances. Too much perimeter play. Didnt deserve one point Imo. Think SJ took it easy on us to not embarrass thier old coach.

This team is just waiting on McDavid. I know losing him and Klefbom is extremely tough but honestly the last four games were all important and winnable but the Oilers just suck. Dont try hard enough and cant execute. Even if the team does great after those two come back I would be shocked if the existing core stays the same next year.

A late run after we are all but officially eliminated from the playoffs hopefully doesnt snow Chiarelli over. This team needs a significantly different make up to suceed.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I don't get the Nuge in the shootout thing, he's never been very good there. No one to pass off to.

The way Yak was going and had the puck going off his stick all night, you'd think he'd be shooter #2...at least there would have been some ****ing effort on it.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I thought he was pretty good. Finished every check, moved the puck well, fed Hall in front with a nice move. Got bent over and ****ed by the refs.

He was noticeably huffing and puffing and his timing was way off, but very acceptable for his first NHL game in almost a year.

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
Pretty decent game. Fayne played well, Nurse was strong in the corners and Yak was buzzing.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
Justin Schultz on that 2-1 in overtime. He might as well lay out a carpet and set up a picnic.
Most clueless hockey player on this team by a mile

And Nuge will at least 3 in tight chances with zero success, and he's in the shootout.
Yak with a goal, a post, a number of quality shots and no go in the shootout and one shift in OT.
dafaq

I saw that too and laughed. ****ing useless sack of ****... Every single game he pulls something like that.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
RNH does a similar move every time. Most of the time he goes low blocker, tried to switch it up and go glove side.

If you don't make 100 moves you're not trying apparently.

Perhaps you missed that his shot has been lame for months.

He has two goals in the last couple months credited to him. One that was actually a shot by Pakarinen that went straight in but somehow credited to Nuge, the other I can't even remember.

The guy has no shot right now and he miffs a shot in there looking for 5 hole from fair range on a shootout.

You just want to throw something at him at that point.

memo. This is not the kind of play and thought level that you got you into the NHL.

Nuge has become such a tentative player out there he's scared to try much of anything.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
How do you beat officiating like that??? Wtf

I don't normally complain about reffing, but we got utterly screwed out there tonight, usually bad reffing is just missed calls or a ref biting on a dive which I'm a lot more comfortable with because everyone makes mistakes, but tonight the refs were directly looking at blatant infractions and just straight up choosing not to call them. This game would fit right in with the dead puck era given the amount of hooks, holds, and grabs that were permitted.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
The way Yak was going and had the puck going off his stick all night, you'd think he'd be shooter #2...at least there would have been some ****ing effort on it.

Very true. I wanted to see Yak in the shootout to. Would have been a nice reward for him.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
A Crosby level prospect that was well on his way to being the team's best player before his injury, and a big center that already stole RNH's top line job for most of the season. Add in a defenseman that would be coming back in return?

Sounds like a good plan to me. Better than what the Oilers have been doing the last 5 years.

RNH isn't going to get you a top level defensemen. That conversation starts with Hall.

Think if Drai or McDavid gets hurt next year (and they will because it's the Oilers) and how dreadful our center depth is...

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Perhaps you missed that his shot has been lame for months.

He has two goals in the last couple months credited to him. One that was actually a shot by Pakarinen that went straight in but somehow credited to Nuge, the other I can't even remember.

The guy has no shot right now and he miffs a shot in there looking for 5 hole from fair range on a shootout.

You just want to throw something at him at that point.

memo. This is not the kind of play and thought level that you got you into the NHL.

Nuge has become such a tentative player out there he's scared to try much of anything.

His confidence has been destroyed by this organization. I'm sure that he'll get it back once he's dealt, it'll be the best thing for his career.

I know that there's a very good player in him but it's looking like it won't happen in Edmonton. Another one bites the dust.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
It was more like 3 seconds too late...

It was not. It was a fraction of a second late. You're going on the idiot Remenda counting on a super slow motion replay. Not real time.

Real time that was close.

Close enough that the puck shouldn't be given over. Theres 2-3 secs left when Sekera squanders the puck needlessly.

The point is why do that.

Any D that can't shelter that puck in that situation in the corner for 2-3 secs is a liability in that situation.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Yakupov alone had 6 or 7 of their best scoring chances. Good for him, but it really goes to strengthen my belief that when one guy is "on", that the other guys almost decide they don't need to work anymore. Did anyone not named Yakupov even have a scoring chance today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad