Oilers Lose 2-1 in OT: **** the refs

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
Oilers played a good game, liked the effort. Talbot needs to start every game possible until the end of the season.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Positives:
- Yak
- Talbot's recent steady play
- Overcame tremendous odds to make it into extra time

Negatives:
- **** the refs

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
I know its little consolation, but I love seeing this team competing. Past years the sharks would absolutely dominate us. We played them hard and probably deserved a better fate.

You're right but we've all become quite tired of moral victories.

Better than getting dominated and at least we got a point but a W would have been really nice in this one.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I ain't even mad.

I'm mad about Nuge's piss poor effort in the shootout, but otherwise I thought it was a good road game.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Gotta just laugh at this teams luck: twice on the pk an Oilers player has his stick snap. This team has to have set the record for broken sticks in a year. Then Sekera is robbed by Jones' stick when Jones himself didn't even move on the shot.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Yak was easily the best player offensively. I can't recall another player having a grade A chance all game. The refs are a bunch of donkeys, seriously. I feel like Oiler fans should start something akin to the Fire Lowe/MacT thing last year but aim it at the refs and actually have a presence when the team plays at home instead of being an empty building full of crickets when each game ends in a decisive advantage in pp for the opposing team. It is getting silly and it seems like they are deliberately not calling penalties when they happen to certain players (hall) being a big one.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
If you look at how the Oilers have played collectively over the past 4 games and see that they're only 0-2-2... it's just crazy.

Zero luck.

Guess you just gotta recognize you need to make your own luck and bad teams have bad luck.

But ugh. Like seriously... Sekera's shot off Jones' stick in OT? **** off lol

Or how about that hook on Yakupov by Pavelski behind the net in OT?

This, seriously. The Sharks were waterskiing the entire OT period and that shaft save on Sekera is just about the luckiest thing you'll ever see. He didn't even move.

****. With McDavid and Klefbom there's no doubt in my mind we would have won at least 3 of the last 4.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
What I don't understand is how the hell do they not make a call when their eyes are right on the play. A ref was standing right beside Eberle when he was getting his jersey tugged by Ward. Letestu getting chopped. Purcell getting chopped. But hey, who the **** cares if its on the oilers.

Last edited by a moderator:

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Call out the refs take the fine Tmac or it will never change. 3missed slashes 1 missed holding and 1 missed hook 1 missed trip . Sj 1 penalty against .

Speed220DChalavan

Mar 29, 2014
It is interesting though the parallels between the Edmonton Oilers and the political revolution. An inept leadership, terrible results, state media, muzzling message boards, sending the information minister to give a message to the people that all is well, total denial of reality and an irate powerless population.

This is Tahrir square.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad