Oilers Lose 2-1 in OT: **** the refs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Why couldn't you bang in one of those prime chances you had in the first Lander?

We were this close to 30 months of a "50 Shades of Gagner" avatar for IATL.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I know its little consolation, but I love seeing this team competing. Past years the sharks would absolutely dominate us. We played them hard and probably deserved a better fate.

That's the frustrating part, one can see glimpses of light coming from the end of the tunnel, but we have been in the tunnel for so long it is difficult to remain patient.

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
I thought a lot of guys played a great game. Yak was flying, obviously, but Nurse was also very good and the D-zone coverage was pretty outstanding all around. Kassian looked smart and made a couple of dynamite close-in passes that Hall couldn't handle at the last second.

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines
Sooooo. .. did anyone keep count of the blatent non calls? Not to mention the calls against the oilers that were weak or just plain wrong? How many minutes would all that add up too?

Really makes me believe that Bettman put the word out to the refs..

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I come in complete peace. How did Kassian play?

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
Sorry to say, but anyone who doesn't think that the terrible officials had a negative impact on this game is an idiot.

The Reffing was bad, but we've had a few games where we came out on the lucky side too. I don't think there's a conspiracy, just bad refs who don't call the game properly. Hopefully we are due some luck.

Yak looked great.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
RNH does a similar move every time. Most of the time he goes low blocker, tried to switch it up and go glove side.

If you don't make 100 moves you're not trying apparently.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
That's the same move he always does. He's just not great in the shootout. I don't know why McLellan keeps putting him out there.

Same reason he gets 20+ minutes every game despite his overall ineffectiveness, the coach has a blind spot. Hopefully Chia removes the ability for Mclellan to indulge in his irrational bias in the offseason, and finds a defenseman for RNH in a trade

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
That was RNH's second shot on the season. He scored on the first one.

And he scored a couple times last year on it, although one may have been a PS.

Does better going low blocker though. He did it at the Oilers skill comp one year and scored about a dozen and no one could stop him.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
What I don't understand is how the hell do they not make a call when their eyes are right on the play. A ref was standing right beside Eberle when he was getting his jersey tugged by Ward. Letestu getting chopped. Purcell getting chopped. But hey, who the **** cares if its on the oilers.
- Purcell two-handed at centre ice
- Eberle's jersey held by Ward while going for a change
- Letestu slashed in the ankle right in front of the ref
- Martin runs blatant inteference and trips RNH in the corner
- Marleau tips Kassian's clear over the glass and Kassian gets a penalty
- Pavelski hooks Yakupov so bad he lost his stick

These aren't ticky tack plays either. Just total bs the refs refused to call anything.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
He was great. Not his fault the Oilers can't shoot the puck past a stick knob when the goalie isnt even watching :cry:
Freak thing. I'm not even mad.
Sekera skated by Jones and said something to him after. He was smiling pretty big for a guy who just missed a gimme.

Gambl0r83*

Justin Schultz on that 2-1 in overtime. He might as well lay out a carpet and set up a picnic.
Most clueless hockey player on this team by a mile

And Nuge will at least 3 in tight chances with zero success, and he's in the shootout.
Yak with a goal, a post, a number of quality shots and no go in the shootout and one shift in OT.
dafaq

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Same reason he gets 20+ minutes every game despite his overall ineffectiveness, the coach has a blind spot. Hopefully Chia removes the ability for Mclellan to indulge in his irrational bias in the offseason, and finds a defenseman for RNH in a trade

Yeah let's go into next season with McDavid and Drai as our two top centers.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Bettmans orders have been recieved loud and clear. All 3 California team MUST make the playoffs :laugh:

When's the next time we play the ducks? We already got screwed by officiating in the kings game and now sharks game. Won't be too long until this same repetitive **** happens against the final Californian team.

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
What I don't understand is how the hell do they not make a call when their eyes are right on the play. A ref was standing right beside Eberle when he was getting his jersey tugged by Ward. Letestu getting chopped. Purcell getting chopped. But hey, who the **** cares if its on the oilers.

It makes you wonder, doesn't it. It sure does. It sure does.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Gotta just laugh at this teams luck: twice on the pk an Oilers player has his stick snap. This team has to have set the record for broken sticks in a year. Then Sekera is robbed by Jones' stick when Jones himself didn't even move on the shot.

Luck?

This team is congenitally stupid and it never fails. 6 secs left in the game, we have the puck and I just sense we're going to cough it up. I know it. Sure enough Sekera, an idiot, instead of just hanging onto the puck for 2-3 secs attempts to play it, whiffs, goes right to a Shark, centers it and its in the back of our net.

FORTUNATELY the goal is .3 secs too late.

But they type of indescribably stupid play this club makes regularly that results in losses. But we survived that.

Then Mclellan with a braincramp of epic proportions puts Nuge out on the shoot. OMFG. This guy is virtually incapable of scoring the last couple months and he's out there with the game on the line and of course muffs it. The worst shootout attempt you've seen in ages. He actually acts surprised and pissed and hiss little piss shot didn't go in.

Meanwhile, Yak who was dangerous anytime he touched the puck is sitting on the ice watching yet again as this club puts players like Nuge in the spotlight instead of him and EVEN on a night where he was completely feeling it.

Bad luck or stupid decisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad