Post-Game Talk: Oilers Lose 2-0

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
I'll say it now.

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins will never be more than a 55 point center in this league. Never.

He doesn't have it in him.

I will remember this, and if you'd like I'll take a forum bet that he exceeds that numerous times over the length of his current contract.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Schultz again with the most minutes played with a 23:53 TOI. Lowest was fayne at 15:36. WHAT IS THE LOVE YOU HAVE FOR SCHULTZ, EAKINS? FFS

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
I'll say it now.

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins will never be more than a 55 point center in this league. Never.

I got flamed for saying that in the past, but I agree 100%. RNH is terrible. Plays light and weak on the puck. Bad combo for a top centre in this conference. Giving him the big bucks hasnt motivated him at all. In fact he's regressed. Very average player.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I'll say it now.

I agree. I had my suspicion that he was just a passenger with hall and eberle, but when he was with yak he looked so bad.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I'd like to give credit where it is due. Scrivens called this moral victory.

smackdaddy

x – Edmonton
Nov 24, 2006
B.C.
Schultz again with the most minutes played with a 23:53 TOI. Lowest was fayne at 15:36. WHAT IS THE LOVE YOU HAVE FOR SCHULTZ, EAKINS? FFS

Probably the mandate that we have our "core" and that Schultz is part of that "core" and therefore should receive the most minutes.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Sigh. Clearly, it's just not working out. You'd think something's gotta give soon. Can't just wait for it to magically be fixed.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I highly doubt that..

It's his 4th year in the league and he looks just as much a perimeter powerplay player as he always has. Four years in and his best year was still his rookie year. He hasn't shown an iota of development. Yet he's somehow continues to escape criticism on these boards.

Look at Tavares, Stamkos, Hall, Kane... then look at RNH. Kids not in the same stratosphere.

He got 52 points in 62 games in his rookie season.

And he hasn't come close to that level of play since.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad