OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
So we get the calls.
We get better D coverage.
We get goaltending.
Then suddenly we can't score.
This team keeps finding ways to lose.

Kulleroinen*

Good job. Now can we finally get rid of those good old canadian kids?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Doh, didn't even win the even strength corsi battle. But, we didn't get totally embarrassed, so I guess that's a positive.

Oil Spill

Net Detective
Jan 21, 2013
:shakehead Now were setting records for losing, is this rock bottom ?? I'm never sure with this team. I thought KLowe knew a thing or two about winning.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
I just caught the end of this game, but man did it seem like you guys had trouble getting out of your own end. I know a lot of flak has come down on Eakins, and rightfully so it seems, it doesn't really look like there's any plan/game strategy. Guys were running into each other in the offensive zone, sloppy breakout, etc. Didn't really seem like the team had any flow, looked like a bunch of guys thrown out there just trying to do their own thing

I really think you guys would benefit greatly from a coaching change

McSomnii

why u no change oil
Nov 3, 2012
Little Houston, AB
Well, at least Scrivens didn't channel his inner Dubnyk tonight, and I thought that the 4th line wasn't too bad overall.

Also, no offense to Nurse or Hunt, but it was really nice to see Marincin back where he belongs.

#oilerspositives?

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Didn't even notice the 2nd and 3rd lines besides Yakupov in the 1st.

Oilers really need to give Hall-RNH-Yakupov 10 games in a row. I don't care if Yak doesn't gel with them in the first 2 games. This line is the most likely to put up big games.

Have Perron-Arco-Eberle, Pouliot-Drai-Purcell as the other 2 lines.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Looks like Perron has been effectively Oiler'd.

Gonna be a long season.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I'll say it now.

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins will never be more than a 55 point center in this league. Never.

He doesn't have it in him.

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
Inability to score 1 goal is more embarrassing than getting blown out.

It was a competitive game, and without the EN as close as a game can be.

We need points, but I'm not unhappy with the Oilers tonight. Good hockey game. Why Yak, Hall and RNH weren't put together is mind boggling to me though.

Fire Eakins.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Murphy's ****ing law at its finest. Scrivens ***** the bed, but the team scores 4. Scrivens plays pretty decent and allows one goal, team doesn't score at all.

**** you Murphy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad