GDT: Oilers @ Leafs Monday March 29 7pm SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Healthy or not, I doubt his mental ability to get this team a win in a Game 7. He’s too leaky and prone to letting in back breakers. He’s had more than enough opportunities to get it done, being a big part of those losses. Time to give someone else a chance (unless it’s Hutchinson).

I get it, I don't have a ton of faith in Andersen at this point either. At the same time, goalies are voodoo, they have their ups and downs and they're capable of playing amazing when you'd least expect it so all I'm saying is that it's not impossible that Andersen makes a comeback.

:scared::scared:

I'm not only concerned that Hutch is playing. I am concerned that our goalie situation is so precarious and unstable. We need Dubas to get us a new goalie.

+1

I'm not holding my breath though, our need for another goalie has been apparent for some time now and nothing's happened and knowing how desperate we are will only drive up the price.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Pts%: TOR #8 - EDM #13

GF/gm: TOR #5 - EDM #4
GA/gm: TOR #8 - EDM #18

SF/gm: TOR #8 - EDM #7
SA/gm: TOR #6 - EDM #21

Similar offensively, Toronto much better defensively.

Yeah whatever. Since you put so much faith in numbers, why is it that you said earlier today that you're not convinced that BOS and FLA are better than MTL but take issue with me saying it's not 100% clear that we're better than EDM.

FLA PTS% # 7
BOS PTS% #12
MTL PTS% #14

Just to spell it out for you, by PTS% the gap between FLA and MTL is even bigger then the gap between us and EDM so your bias is showing.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Just to spell it out for you, by PTS% the gap between FLA and MTL is even bigger then the gap between us and EDM so your bias is showing.

Do you really need it spelled out for you that comparing records from teams in different divisions is meaningless because of the schedule? Toronto and Edmontons records can be compared fairly, Florida and Montreals cannot.

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
Hutch confirmed - managing Campbell still.

Ughh

20210329_124958.png

ECYCLE

Dec 19, 2011
If Campbell seriously isn't starting tonight then the odds of him being the solution to our goalie woes drop down even further. We're not just in trouble next year, we're in trouble right now.
So you mean, nothing has really changed for the Leafs. If you think Andersen in net was any better, you're just plain wrong. Getting worse every single season despite the defense getting better.

Reactions: stickty111

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Do you really need it spelled out for you that comparing records from teams in different divisions is meaningless because of the schedule? Toronto and Edmontons records can be compared fairly, Florida and Montreals cannot.

So what measure should we use to compare teams in different divisions? Or are you saying it can't be done at all?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
So you mean, nothing has really changed for the Leafs. If you think Andersen in net was any better, you're just plain wrong. Getting worse every single season despite the defense getting better.

Did I say Andersen was any better? Better than what exactly? What are you talking about?

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
If Campbell is backing up Hutchinson tonight, I really have no idea what the heck Keefe is thinking. If he’s tweaked something again and needs time off, sure who cares.
I swear Soupy getting a maintenance day yesterday was so that he's rested well and play again tonight -- something doesn't add up.

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
I'd rather have Woll or Scott play in net.... At some point, we need to give our young players a chance.

Reactions: LeafsRus

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Yeah whatever. Since you put so much faith in numbers, why is it that you said earlier today that you're not convinced that BOS and FLA are better than MTL but take issue with me saying it's not 100% clear that we're better than EDM.

FLA PTS% # 7
BOS PTS% #12
MTL PTS% #14

Well, I just don't buy that Florida's suddenly that good.

Anyways, below the record...

Goal Differential

1. TBL +1.21
2. COL +1.18
3. VGK +0.97
4. TOR +0.76
5. CAR +0.75
6. NYI +0.63
7. WSH +0.59
8. PIT +0.54
9. FLA +0.52
10. EDM +0.51

11. MIN +0.50
12. WPG +0.49
13. MTL +0.48
14. NYR +0.44
15. BOS +0.32
16. DAL +0.16
17. LAK +0.03

Reactions: Pi

ECYCLE

Dec 19, 2011
Did I say Andersen was any better? Better than what exactly? What are you talking about?
Campbell is a better solution then Andersen moving forward, whether you see it or not. Andersen was a terrible solution from the very beginning so effectively, nothing has changed in your eyes, right?

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Campbell is a better solution then Andersen moving forward, whether you see it or not. Andersen was a terrible solution from the very beginning so effectively, nothing has changed in your eyes, right?

A goalie who misses half the games due to injury is not a solution.

Reactions: Gary Nylund
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia