GDT: Oilers @ Leafs Monday March 29 7pm SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Oilers fans bitching about 'Teh league never calls penalties on the Leafs!'

Am I tripping or didn't Engvall get two minutes for touching McDavid last game?

53kh8f.jpg

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Head to Head minor penalties this year:

TOR 19
EDM 22

Power Plays, Head to Head (8gms):

TOR: 9 for 22 (40.9%), 1 sh goal (36.4% net), 3:52 per game
EDM: 4 for 19 (21.1%), 0 sh goal (21.1% net), 3:56 per game

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Im not sure I like the way the 3rd and 4th lines are constructed. If it were me the lines should be:

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Gally-Tavares-Nylander
Micheyev-Kerfoot-Engvall
Thornton-Spezza-Simmonds

I just dont think that Thornton and Spezza have the legs to be playing 3rd line minutes. Engvall and Micheyev have been doing well together, defensively that should be our shutdown line with Kerfoot our most reliable defensive center. The elderly trio can act as our 4th line, but be used sporadically throughout the game on PP, PK and odd shifts with top 3 lines to get them minutes and others rest.

Well we have 2 third lines so they won't get heavy minutes either way.

Reactions: Leaftors

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
Tonight is another Next Generation game, here’s hoping those games aren’t defensive fire drills like they have been in years past.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
The formula is the same every time you play this fraudulent Oilers team. Contain McDrai to under 2 goals and you have a good shot at winning the game. Their secondary offense is from Nurse and Barrie... we get more out of 41 year old Jumbo and 37 year old Spezz than they do on lines 2 through 4. As lethal as McDavid and Draisatl are together, I am not sure why Tippet has elected to play them on the same line given their supporting cast. From the games we have played against them this year, they were far more dangerous as a whole when they were separated. It meant that roughly 60% of the time, at least 1 of those guys was on the ice. Which resulted in the Leafs playing a little more hesitant. I am not sure why they would want to change that. This is at least a lot easier to defend IMO. YA Connor and Leon will make Holl and Muzz look goofy at least a couple times a game. But if Jack stands tall those couple times, its all but a guarantee win night. Fact is, we are a deeper team, a Better team in all aspects with the exception to superstar talent. Mcdrai > MM...But the remaining rosters outside of those 4 players is a laughable comp TBH. And its hardly like Mitch and Auston are lightyears behind McDrai, they can easily out do them in any given game. Leafs win big tonight

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Im not sure I like the way the 3rd and 4th lines are constructed. If it were me the lines should be:

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Gally-Tavares-Nylander
Micheyev-Kerfoot-Engvall
Thornton-Spezza-Simmonds

I just dont think that Thornton and Spezza have the legs to be playing 3rd line minutes. Engvall and Micheyev have been doing well together, defensively that should be our shutdown line with Kerfoot our most reliable defensive center. The elderly trio can act as our 4th line, but be used sporadically throughout the game on PP, PK and odd shifts with top 3 lines to get them minutes and others rest.

Pretty good but I'd switch Engvall with Simmonds.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Penalties Drawn:

2. McDavid 22
T-50. Matthews 10
T-50. Marner 10

McDavid is truly the heir apparent to the Sedin’s throne. He just falls every chance he gets. I get that he’s built like a twig so that helps him skate circles around everyone else in the league but no way he’s that easy to dominate physically that any hit makes him drop to the ice.

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
Their GDT last game during the comeback was all about "game management" in the Leafs favor. They were seeing trips and interferences left and right, but nothing gets called against the Leafs.

I browsed through it as well. They have their share of crazy homer fans like the Leafs do, either side only see's what happens to their team. The thing that really stood out to me was the actual level of pure hatred posts! It is really illuminating their insecurities. I'm not sure if that's an Alberta thing, or they just hate everything to the east, or the are so on edge because they are one McDavid injury away from being a lottery team.... again.

As for reffing, I thought the game as a whole was poorly ref'd for both sides.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Oilers fans bitching about 'Teh league never calls penalties on the Leafs!'

Am I tripping or didn't Engvall get two minutes for touching McDavid last game?

We also played like what 7 on 5 or 6 on 5 for like 15 seconds against Ottawa with no call against Ottawa. The refs miss calls sometimes, it's easy to say game mgmt but some of is just human error too.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Let's have a fun discussion about how skilled, offensive teams obviously draw the appropriate amount of penalties as one would expect.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017

I'm glad we only have two games remaining against the Senators, they are a pain to play against.

We should feast on the Habs and Canucks.

Winnipeg and Calgary will be challenging.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
That third line was horrible last game. Did Mika even play ?
Also didn't like anything I saw from Kerfoot

Get Nik in there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad