GDT: Oilers @ Leafs Monday March 29 7pm SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009

I'm glad we only have two games remaining against the Senators, they are a pain to play against.

We should feast on the Habs and Canucks.

Winnipeg and Calgary will be challenging.

That is one tough schedule however you look at it late in the season

I expect Vancouver and Montreal to throw everything fighting for that final spot

Reactions: willmma

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
To be honest, Thornton doesn't belong on the third line. That's the closest thing they have to an energy line. He should be on the 4th line imo.

I don't mind the 2-3rd lines look against any team other than Edmonton.

Against Edmonton we need to keep Engvall between Hyman and Soup to shut the McDavid line down.
WHY CHANGE IT, it works.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I don't mind the 2-3rd lines look against any team other than Edmonton.

Against Edmonton we need to keep Engvall between Hyman and Soup to shut the McDavid line down.
WHY CHANGE IT, it works.

We need to run our lines and no worry so much about what Edmonton. Line matching lets Edmonton take our best players off the ice every time the McDavid/Draisaitl line comes on.

The Missing Piece

What's Left?
Sep 19, 2012
I read the oilers thread. Aside from some pretty funny memes they can’t seem to reconcile the fact that they keep losing to us because the leafs are a better team. They blame refs, schedule the league pretty much anything they can think of to justify it in their heads

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
So if he's tweaked something we have a capable goalie who can't stay healthy and a goalie who is also injury-prone and sub-par. Then there's Hutch

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
That is one tough schedule however you look at it late in the season

I expect Vancouver and Montreal to throw everything fighting for that final spot

Not sure if I'm missing something but it doesn't look that tough to me.

I read the oilers thread. Aside from some pretty funny memes they can’t seem to reconcile the fact that they keep losing to us because the leafs are a better team. They blame refs, schedule the league pretty much anything they can think of to justify it in their heads

Maybe but I wouldn't go so far as to state this as if it was a fact. The standings show us to be ahead of them but not by much, looks a lot like the two teams are roughly on the same tier.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Andersen's stock is really rising high also......

It's gittin pretty laughable at this point. Hutchison in. Wow. Our training system must not be the world's bestest at all. Change some personel around and be healthy. That's better.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Hell yeah, beat them with our back up again. Hutch had one bad period so far Thats nothing to shake me. He’s been really good. Give him the A game defense and we are good.

Reactions: Coachcorner

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
If hutch plays 3 pts night for 97 and 29

Campbell cant be hurt again? He was fine at end of the game

If hes too tired/we are not confident in him playing well in only his 4th game in a row we are in trouble next year unless we have 2 goalie 40 game split

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017

If hes too tired/we are not confident in him playing well in only his 4th game in a row we are in trouble next year unless we have 2 goalie 40 game split
LA played him like a mother in their club. He played a lot straight up. So it ain't bout that not at all. Every goalie wants to plezay.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
Honestly think Hutch’s problems are mostly mental. Once he gets going he’s good, the moment he allows 1 easy goal I feel the floodgates open.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Hutch confirmed - managing Campbell still.

Ughh
WHAT???????? :O Weirdo dirt like for real sire. This ain't no good. We ain't have two gezoalies who can stay healthy...

Huthsison is not a problem though. He aaaight. I was just thinking bout the playoffs.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Andersen's stock is really rising high also......

It's gittin pretty laughable at this point. Hutchison in. Wow. Our training system must not be the world's bestest at all. Change some personel around and be healthy. That's better.

Haha indeed. If Campbell can't string more then a few starts together then Freddie may well be our best hope in these playoffs, unless Dubas can swing a trade of course but that's easier said than done.

If Campbell seriously isn't starting tonight then the odds of him being the solution to our goalie woes drop down even further. We're not just in trouble next year, we're in trouble right now.

Reactions: LeafsRus

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Pretty much, a lot of the sky is falling posts for nothing.
Hutch confirmed now

I dont get what work load Campbell has? 6 out of 34 games is nothing. Why are we treating him like a young kid.

He is the easy start with Andersen out and even with him in he should be a quality tandem guy

This is an odd choice unless Campbell said he wasnt confident himself for this start

We will need a 1A/1B goalie next year who can give 40-50 games with other half going to campbell

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
WHAT???????? :O Weirdo dirt like for real sire. This ain't no good. We ain't have two gezoalies who can stay healthy...

Huthsison is not a problem though. He aaaight. I was just thinking bout the playoffs.
Ya he’s aaaight, aaaight.
Stoned them last time...let’s hope he still has their number.

Reactions: Coachcorner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad