GDT: Oilers @ Leafs Monday March 29 7pm SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Hoping the team can keep the momentum from the big comeback on Saturday!

Wonder in the rink crew was able to make the repairs from McDavid's tears of sadness?

Campbell with a maintenance day on Sunday, hopefully he is good to go again on Monday.

Wouldn't expect any roster changes, lines might not be the same as what started Saturday night.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I really want to win this one, time to make it 4-0 in the Jack Campbell era.

I'll be paying closest attention to Campbell and Galchenyuk as they're the two biggest unknowns on our team.

GLG!!

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Nice to see Hyman with M&M. Maybe he can get them back on track. :DD

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
The lines look pretty good.

Hutchinson was just a place holder for practice im guessing?

Clearly winning here would again give the Leafs a little bit of breathing room.

If they can win tonight they also can't finish worse than 500 for the month of March which I thought seemed like a pipedream a week ago.

I like to try and break down the season ... especially when they don't play well. Look at the schedule and most teams have tough parts where they just have a bit of a lull. Plus our goaltending hurt us... Andy was playing injured but also the big boys weren't producing much. You have to get at least 1 of those lines going to get on a good streak.

Funny I think during this dip the D and 3rd and 4th lines were pretty good. Usually in the past it was the top lines keeping it close.

Hopefully they're over that hump now and get going on a tear here.

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Time to make Crysaitl pout like a petulant Gerber baby again.

Shatter this team’s confidence so bad they lose out the rest of the season and miss the playoffs please.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Oilers fans bitching about 'Teh league never calls penalties on the Leafs!'

Am I tripping or didn't Engvall get two minutes for touching McDavid last game?

Their GDT last game during the comeback was all about "game management" in the Leafs favor. They were seeing trips and interferences left and right, but nothing gets called against the Leafs.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Would be nice to see him in some games soon. We could really use his speed. I’m of the opinion we’ve become a bit too slow with all the old guys we added.
Completely agree on the too slow comment.

Not to mention we need to force feed pp time and offensive opportunities to the old guys because they're terrible at 5 on 5.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017

Maybe these?

Im not sure I like the way the 3rd and 4th lines are constructed. If it were me the lines should be:

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Gally-Tavares-Nylander
Micheyev-Kerfoot-Engvall
Thornton-Spezza-Simmonds

I just dont think that Thornton and Spezza have the legs to be playing 3rd line minutes. Engvall and Micheyev have been doing well together, defensively that should be our shutdown line with Kerfoot our most reliable defensive center. The elderly trio can act as our 4th line, but be used sporadically throughout the game on PP, PK and odd shifts with top 3 lines to get them minutes and others rest.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Im not sure I like the way the 3rd and 4th lines are constructed. If it were me the lines should be:

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Gally-Tavares-Nylander
Micheyev-Kerfoot-Engvall
Thornton-Spezza-Simmonds

I just dont think that Thornton and Spezza have the legs to be playing 3rd line minutes. Engvall and Micheyev have been doing well together, defensively that should be our shutdown line with Kerfoot our most reliable defensive center. The elderly trio can act as our 4th line, but be used sporadically throughout the game on PP, PK and odd shifts with top 3 lines to get them minutes and others rest.

Technically they don't get 3rd line minutes. They are splitting it with the "4th line".

Although Thornton played way too much last game.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Oilers fans bitching about 'Teh league never calls penalties on the Leafs!'

Am I tripping or didn't Engvall get two minutes for touching McDavid last game?
Very hard for the oilers to get calls when you play without the puck for 60-70% of the game. They had no shot in that game on Saturday. Tough 1st goal that just seemed to handcuff Soupy, and then they capitalized on 2 plays that were made by superstar players on goals 2 & 3. They generated next to nothing outside of that. Aside from puck over the glass, and too many men, its not easy to get powerplays when you generate nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->