Post-Game Talk: Oilers Join The Mile High Club

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
That's two stretch passes in two straight games now from Larsson that either ended up in the back of our net or completely flipped a game the Oilers had going their way.

He's a dumb ass for letting the refs even be in a position to do that. It's selfish and stupid on his part.

You made a dumb pass, a teammate got hurt, OK, now you decide to be a even bigger moron and get yourself kicked out of the game?

Not good enough. That doesn't fly here anymore.

The bigger moron is the one who doesn't recognize that what Larsson got 5 and a game for is a nothing play that happens in probably every NHL game. Seriously. Go back and look. Larsson puts his arm up to cover his space, his eyes are on the puck.

Bias is cool, that's part of being a fan. But you know what isn't cool? Deliberately misremembering what happened to slant your anti Larsson push.

There's lots of good reasons to complain about Larsson. Stick to those.

slaman

McOilers Fan
Oct 22, 2010
Toronto
The bigger moron is the one who doesn't recognize that what Larsson got 5 and a game for is a nothing play that happens in probably every NHL game. Seriously. Go back and look. Larsson puts his arm up to cover his space, his eyes are on the puck.

Bias is cool, that's part of being a fan. But you know what isn't cool? Deliberately misremembering what happened to slant your anti Larsson push.

I disagree.

Larsson was angry at himself for setting up Chiasson to get leveled. He was too far from the person who hit Chiasson and felt he needed to respond.

He deliberately stuck his elbow up to hurt someone. He was frustrated. He had intent to injure. It wasn't even the right target.

I'm a die-hard fan and strongly believe Kozari is biased against us, but if that shit were to happen to one of our players, we'd be crying for their head.

Larsson deserved a penalty at the very least. A 5 minute major though and a game? Hrm... up for debate.

Reactions: Debbie Mathers

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Quote from Tippett on Russell:

“Russell just took a bad cut on his ear last night and was sore today. I think he’ll be available to play on Saturday. He’s a tough little guy. I don’t know if you’ve ever had your ear sewed up before but that’s one of the worst spots. His ears hurt bad, and I remember I felt for him seeing him lying on the table last night, they were sewing him up and half of his ear hanging off there. So we decided to give him the day off. He earned a day off today”

I mean god damn, the guy nearly lost half his ear and still came back out on the ice. God damn he is so tough. I mean he’s still a black hole of possession but he’s a generational shot blocker and tough as nails.

Russell is a tough cowboy through and through.

He’s perfectly fine on the third pairing.

Reactions: slaman and ujju2

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB

“Russell just took a bad cut on his ear last night and was sore today. I think he’ll be available to play on Saturday. He’s a tough little guy. I don’t know if you’ve ever had your ear sewed up before but that’s one of the worst spots. His ears hurt bad, and I remember I felt for him seeing him lying on the table last night, they were sewing him up and half of his ear hanging off there. So we decided to give him the day off. He earned a day off today”

I mean god damn, the guy nearly lost half his ear and still came back out on the ice. God damn he is so tough. I mean he’s still a black hole of possession but he’s a generational shot blocker and tough as nails.

I'm not one to drone on about character (leave that to another certain poster around these parts) but I have to say I think the character and work ethic Kris Russell brings to the team and the dressing room is worth having him on the 3rd pair, even if there are slightly better players available.

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016

He only hates lars because of who he isn't, Soundwave would much rather our losses come at the hands of an overpaid one dimensional winger on pace to put up some lucician numbers this year with zero commitment to defense or the team game. Because, well he drives the line (straight into ditches and up to the podium for #1 picks but i digress).

Reactions: rboomercat90

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I disagree.

Larsson was angry at himself for setting up Chiasson to get leveled. He was too far from the person who hit Chiasson and felt he needed to respond.

He deliberately stuck his elbow up to hurt someone. He was frustrated. He had intent to injure. It wasn't even the right target.

I'm a die-hard fan and strongly believe Kozari is biased against us, but if that **** were to happen to one of our players, we'd be crying for their head.

Larsson deserved a penalty at the very least. A 5 minute major though and a game? Hrm... up for debate.

If Larsson is trying to injure Tynan he doesn't leave it at a dinky chicken wing. He hits him with a swing worthy of conviction and rides him down to the ice.

Reactions: Pointteen

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
I hate how much larsson sucks. I always liked the trade....wish we had like a magic bean in there i guess...but ive been a fan.

He sucks. That sucks.

I feel like his first two years here were quite good - last year was an unmitigated disaster for him. He seems like he's still maybe finding the game after his injury, but I agree - has not been a part of the solution most nights.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

That injury was caused by a puck? How do you get hit in the head by a puck hard enough to rip half your ear off and not be in concussion protocol?

Debbie Mathers

Jul 5, 2018
That injury was caused by a puck? How do you get hit in the head by a puck hard enough to rip half your ear off and not be in concussion protocol?
No, he got caught by the tip of a stick after an Avs player unleashed a shot on the PP and Russell dove in front of him to block it.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
No, he got caught by the tip of a stick after an Avs player unleashed a shot on the PP and Russell dove in front of him to block it.
I am one of the ones that want Russel traded but my god is he tough. I think i want him for the playoffs

Reactions: ujju2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad