Post-Game Talk: Oilers Join The Mile High Club

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Time for some Mandog back in the lineup. Jones was a -3 with a couple of turnovers. Up to the PB for a game young man!!
Jones struggled last night but I'll give him the benefit of doubt considering the situation with 4-5D and how everyone else played. He's had 6 other games this season playing on a level Manning isn't capable of.

Manning can keep eating popcorn in the PB.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I’m not sure why people are crapping on the Oilers for a lack of effort. The effort was there till the game blew open early in the 3rd. At that point being short handed and at the end of a 5 game road trip they were gassed. They were very good in the first and the PK was outstanding in the 2nd.

It was several poor decisions like the 2 brutal pinches by Klefbom, a way overexposed Jones, some bad reffing and the fact that our first line wasnt clicking. Effort was there till the game was well out of reach.

Either way I agree that a lot of the games they have lost was because they failed to show up. (San Jose, Detroit, Chicago, Florida Minnesota, LA)

This game wasn’t one of them.

I agree with this. I didn't see the effort dry up until the game fell apart, but execution wasn't there and the decision making was bad. Lots to learn from hopefully.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Time for some Mandog back in the lineup. Jones was a -3 with a couple of turnovers. Up to the PB for a game young man!!

I think that Jones basically needs to play to sort out his game. He's done lots at the AHL level, it's time for him to show what he is or isn't capable of at the NHL level now.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Quote from Tippett on Russell:

“Russell just took a bad cut on his ear last night and was sore today. I think he’ll be available to play on Saturday. He’s a tough little guy. I don’t know if you’ve ever had your ear sewed up before but that’s one of the worst spots. His ears hurt bad, and I remember I felt for him seeing him lying on the table last night, they were sewing him up and half of his ear hanging off there. So we decided to give him the day off. He earned a day off today”

I mean god damn, the guy nearly lost half his ear and still came back out on the ice. God damn he is so tough. I mean he’s still a black hole of possession but he’s a generational shot blocker and tough as nails.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Didn't have time to read through the whole thread here but did Bednar thank the refs like Tochett did? He should have.

Hopefully Larsson doesn't get a suspension for that hit b/c you know...Oilers and all.

Pulju Propagandist

Jesse’s Bison
Jul 7, 2016
Quote from Tippett on Russell:

“Russell just took a bad cut on his ear last night and was sore today. I think he’ll be available to play on Saturday. He’s a tough little guy. I don’t know if you’ve ever had your ear sewed up before but that’s one of the worst spots. His ears hurt bad, and I remember I felt for him seeing him lying on the table last night, they were sewing him up and half of his ear hanging off there. So we decided to give him the day off. He earned a day off today”

I mean god damn, the guy nearly lost half his ear and still came back out on the ice. God damn he is so tough. I mean he’s still a black hole of possession but he’s a generational shot blocker and tough as nails.
He's from Caroline/ Red Deer.

That area produces tough as nails, hard working, shot blocking, body parts hanging, checking players...….with not much skill lmao. Kris is literally a manifestation of Central Alberta hockey.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
He's from Caroline/ Red Deer.

That area produces tough as nails, hard working, shot blocking, body parts hanging, checking players...….with not much skill lmao. Kris is literally a manifestation of Central Alberta hockey.

Hes talking about patrick russell

The danish are not known for their toughness. Just ask the pilsbury doughboy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad