Prospect Info: Oilers invite Russian Prospect Vladimir Tkachev to Training Camp

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Does Spector know something we don't?

Mark Spector ‏@SportsnetSpec · 18m18 minutes ago
Another dandy assist by this Tkachev. He looks like he's 14, passes like he's 34. Oilers will sign in next 2 days and send back to Moncton

Honestly, if we were basing the players JUST on their play so far this preseason, Tkachev should be on the team THIS season.

Leon Draisaitl

German Gretzky
Jun 26, 2014
He has been playing better than half of the main roster. I'll be flabbergasted if he doesn't get a contract.

RebuildTheRebuild

Apr 27, 2013
Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC · 3h 3 hours ago
Impressive camp invite Vladimir Tkachev in lineup tonight for EDM against WIN as Oilers work on finishing a contract with him.

So this is good to me. Its a good signing for an NHL hopeful.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Sign him. He has looked better than godreau in the NHL and head to head at prospect camp.

This will complete the greatest trolling in recent memory

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
Oh man so excited to get him signed, and I will be so gyped if we don't. Hard to say how he'll hold up in the league but damn it's worth a shot.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
The play Vladdy made to get his assist tonight was a perfect example of why he could be the next little guy that makes it. How many guys do you see that can stop on a dime like that to avoid a hit while looking for the open man then hitting him like that directly after. He's just so shifty that he never seems to get hit. Now obviously he needs to put on some weight, but he could probably play at 165.

Get him signed MacT!

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Does anyone know how we are able to sign an 18 year old as a UFA? Wouldn't he normally have to go into the 2015 Draft?

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Does anyone know how we are able to sign an 18 year old as a UFA? Wouldn't he normally have to go into the 2015 Draft?

Since he came to camp after being undrafted there is a window where we can sign him. The exact date is kind of a mystery around here, but it seems to be the start of the season. Carolina did the same with Tolchinsky last year.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Get him signed! Not much to lose.
Dude put up an assist per game in the Q last year during the regular season. Then put up over a goal per game in the play-offs. Not even Barbashev did that, nor did any of his team-mates. Yes, it was only 20 games, and blah blah blah. Just get him signed and let's take a flier on the kid.

oilz89*

Does Spector know something we don't?

Mark Spector ‏@SportsnetSpec · 18m18 minutes ago
Another dandy assist by this Tkachev. He looks like he's 14, passes like he's 34. Oilers will sign in next 2 days and send back to Moncton

Honestly, if we were basing the players JUST on their play so far this preseason, Tkachev should be on the team THIS season.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. He's got massive massive potential. Let him get bigger and stronger and more experience in the Q. We can be patient with him. We have other players that can fill his spot for the time being

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Lets not get ahead of ourselves. He's got massive massive potential. Let him get bigger and stronger and more experience in the Q. We can be patient with him. We have other players that can fill his spot for the time being

Oh I know. Theres no way I would have him on the team this year even though he has performed so well and outplayed a lot of players at camp. But its just so surprising and quite amazing to me how an undrafted 18 year old (with a 15 year old body) camp invite has done what he has done so far.

Oilwings

Jan 23, 2006
604 Area
Since he came to camp after being undrafted there is a window where we can sign him. The exact date is kind of a mystery around here, but it seems to be the start of the season. Carolina did the same with Tolchinsky last year.

I believe the date is October 01.

Oilwings

Jan 23, 2006
604 Area

Since he went undrafted in his 1st draft (2014) he can sign with any team he wants. He must re-enter the draft if he does not sign.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Since he went undrafted in his 1st draft (2014) he can sign with any team he wants. He must re-enter the draft if he does not sign.
He can accept an invitation to training camp from any team he wants. After that, he can sign with that team, not any team.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Feel free to send him back ANY time now...What else do you need to see before signing him?

We really don't know what the exact hold up on the contract is. With that being said we are playing 5 games in 7 nights or something and it isn't hurting us to have a guy like him that is playing inspired and pushing some of the other guys.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
2dHNVgS.gif

Nice one MacT...good to give the kid a shot. We'll see how he does and wish him luck. :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad