Edmonton

I2OqslW.png

P8u34b1.png

Last edited:

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Holland will get taken to the cleaners again. If I was an opposing GM I'd squeeze holland like a lemon.

Looks to me like there are two examples of Holland NOT getting taken to cleaners.

Lol if the ask for korpisalo is 2 and 3, the ask for Husso is gonna be redonkulous

That may have been the ask, but that is obviously not the price you're going to get.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I mean trading for the best goalie in the league won't come cheap...

Blues trading Husso while Binnington has been less than subpar this season would be them totally giving up on the season. I can't see them doing that without a massive ludicrous offer that would get a GM fired.

It may be the Blues organization doesn't value Husso the same way you guys do. I mean, if the asking price was astronomical I bet that would have come out in the Friedman's tweet. Much like it did when teams inquired about Chychrun. Pundits were quick to point out how high the asking price was. Ditto when Eichel went on the market and the Sabres were demanding a kings ransom. Good to note Eichel went for less than Buffalo was initially asking.

So maybe insisting a massive overpay is the only way Husso moves isn't quite realistic.

I suppose we'll know more as things develop.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
It may be the Blues organization doesn't value Husso the same way you guys do. I mean, if the asking price was astronomical I bet that would have come out in the Friedman's tweet. Much like it did when teams inquired about Chychrun. Pundits were quick to point out how high the asking price was. Ditto when Eichel went on the market and the Sabres were demanding a kings ransom. Good to note Eichel went for less than Buffalo was initially asking.

So maybe insisting a massive overpay is the only way Husso moves isn't quite realistic.

There's been reports and rumors saying the Blues have been hesitant about trading any of their goalies. (Husso and Hofer) it's not like I'm just speaking out my rear.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

Obviously I was being a little tongue-in-cheek with my comment, but the Oilers would have to make it worth our while to trade our red hot "backup goalie." He's outplayed Binner by a wide margin and honestly he looks straight up dominant this year.

While he is a UFA to-be and we would be selling high, the Blues aren't gonna trade him just for the sake of it. We aren't going into the playoffs with an untested Hofer as backup and we don't have the cap space for a more expensive backup to replace Husso.

Reactions: teddygmr

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

The difference is that Sabres needed to trade Eichel. The relationship completely died and bridges were burnt. Not comparable at all to Husso.

Even chychrun, Arizona is making him avaliable for some reason. We've heard nothing about Husso being made available. All indications so far is that Oilers are asking around for a goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad